**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

What’s up with spider gwen?

AssumedNameAssumedName Posts: 580 ★★★
I’ve noticed that there’s a handful of people who really like spider gwen. I’ve just awakened her, and I’d like to know why people like her so much. How does she compare with she hulk?

Comments

• AnkalagonnAnkalagonn Posts: 535 ★★
    Man, I miss her old sp1 **said no one ever**

I had found her to hit like a truck with Sp2 and also on regular combos, besides good call for AWD. So she is very balanced and enjoyable to play with
  • Sean_WhoSean_Who Posts: 618 ★★★

I’ve noticed that there’s a handful of people who really like spider gwen. I’ve just awakened her, and I’d like to know why people like her so much. How does she compare with she hulk?

She can evade unblockable specials after a certain amount of charges. 4 or 5? Plus she just has decent damage output.

Both have uses in different aspect of the game, but she hulk is more useful as you see more unstoppable characters/content.
  • AssumedNameAssumedName Posts: 580 ★★★
    She just sounds like a worse version of she hulk imo. I’d be happy to be informed of what content she’s good for. Also why do I have a disagree lol? I didn’t even state an opinion.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,346 ★★★★★

She just sounds like a worse version of she hulk imo. I’d be happy to be informed of what content she’s good for. Also why do I have a disagree lol? I didn’t even state an opinion.

Not worse, but different. She doesn't have the Taunt mechanic; but then neither does she rely on baiting specials to maintain her damage output. Has a really solid damage boost after SP3 that's now got better because you've Awakened her.

She's an awesome defender; and gains a huge offensive boost with Venom synergy.

I like She-Hulk; but if I had to choose between them, it'd be tough. If SG is Awakened and SH isn't, I reckon SG is the better champ.
  • Jh_DezJh_Dez Posts: 1,306 ★★★
    Sean_Who said:

She can evade unblockable specials after a certain amount of charges. 4 or 5? Plus she just has decent damage output.

Both have uses in different aspect of the game, but she hulk is more useful as you see more unstoppable characters/content.
    She doesn't need charges to evade unblockable special attacks
    Just don't block when the opponent uses their special

Gwen is great
    Mine is at r4
    Paired with venom, she hits hard
    Event quest Opponents don't last long enough for her to get to 6 charges + an sp3 after 6charges
  • Thi101Thi101 Posts: 808 ★★★
    I believe she is better than she-hulk. Even though she doesn’t have the taunt mechanic, it’s not like she needs it anyways.

Spamming SP1 can potentially permanently enervate opponents. If they have specials, chances are they’ll throw them without having to bait much.

With her awakened ability, her damage output also greatly increases with each charge she has. Pair that with Gwenom Rising and she tears pretty much everything. She also has an above average crit rating, so she crits a lot. And I mean a lot.

SP3 adds an additional burst damage option to kill things faster or even bypass damage caps.

Her auto-evade mechanic is one of the best I’ve seen so far.

She also slows opponents on her heavies (if they are not from the skill class). This with her ability to start the fight with 4 charges against opponents of the superior class (a.k.a. Maestro, The Collector, Nameless Thanos etc) makes those fights incredibly easier, cause you won’t need to ramp up that much.

She’ll probably be my first 5/65
  • AssumedNameAssumedName Posts: 580 ★★★
    Damn. So much feedback. I have to appreciate it. I’ll be sure to consider her then. I’m focussing on venom the duck at the moment, so I’ll have to look into her.
  • Thi101Thi101 Posts: 808 ★★★

Damn. So much feedback. I have to appreciate it. I’ll be sure to consider her then. I’m focussing on venom the duck at the moment, so I’ll have to look into her.

I believe Venom the Duck also procs her Gwenom Rising synergy, doesn’t it?
    @AssumedName

I believe it does, so she is someone to consider putting on your team lol
  • Denzel116Denzel116 Posts: 537 ★★★

She’s one of my most valuable 5/65s, the content she’s been able to clear really is quite impressive. She’s been brilliant in act 6 and variants, when I faced the champion in 6.2 she got me to the final 10% on her own. Even managed to pick up two prowess charges before she went down. I feel pretty confident in saying that she’s capable of getting a solo in that fight, I’m hoping to do that at some point. But I can’t recommend her enough, here’s why I like her so much.

Spider-Gwen:

Since the buff she's really fun to play and has some really nice utility. Her animations have always been brilliant so it's great that she's now a useful character to have.

First thing to mention is her slow debuff. This is a relatively new debuff but it can be very useful. To 'slow' your opponent you just need to hit them with a heavy attack, this is easy to do because she has a lot of range making the heavy counter technique really simple. No real need to parry, although that is an alternative if you prefer. This debuff will prevent unstoppable buffs from activating as well as giving her the ability to ignore auto evade, also has quite a long duration of 15 seconds and is very easy to refresh. The only downside to this is that it won't work against anyone with a class advantage on her.

Spider-sense charges can be quite important, especially if you're using the Gwenom rising synergy. This synergy only benefits Gwen and can be activated by any of the following champions: Venom, Carnage, Venom the Duck, Symbiote Supreme. Each Spider-Sense charge will increase her attack by 10% if Gwenom Rising is active on the team so building these up can make her damage increase significantly, especially at higher ranks. As a bonus, she will start the fight with 3 extra charges when fighting characters of the Superior Class (Maestro, collector etc.). So, with the Gwenom synergy you'll begin the fight with 4 charges, which means you start with a 40% attack boost essentially. Later in the fight you’ll be able to increase that to 60% (Very effective against nameless Thanos AQ if you're looking for regular usage). If you're looking to become uncollected she would also be very helpful against the collector in Act 5.2). You don’t need to have the Gwenom synergy active on your team to start with 3 extra charges, this will happen with or without that synergy.

Assuming you aren't utilising the synergy each Spider-Sense charge will grant you a 7% chance to evade incoming attacks unless you are trying to block. The trick is to try and combine dexterity with her auto evade to avoid the tricky specials, similar to how Stark Spider-Man works. Her evade chance is increased by 550% when the opponent uses an unblockable special attack, the maximum chance for her auto evade is at 5 charges which is 35% (as a side note this will be halved if you are using the Gwenom synergy). With a 550% increase that results in a 192% chance to evade so you’re completely safe if you just let go and trust the AI. This is particularly useful against champs like doom since his SP1 activates his aura and will be unblockable. If you struggle trying to evade it, she will do it for you if you don’t hold block. Final things to mention with these charges is that each one increases her attack by X attack rating and she can nullify the opponent's true strike buffs and gain a charge that way. To nullify a true strike buff, she needs to use an auto evade. Really useful for defence as it limits who can counter her.

You can pause hunter and trap spider modes in a number of ways, these are:

\-Evade an attack (0.5 seconds)

\-Land a combo ending attack (0.5 seconds)

\-Using a special attack will pause them for the full duration

Special attacks:

All 3 of her special attacks are very useful. Some provide excellent utility whilst others massively improve her damage output. Using each one in the right scenario makes her a flexible attacker who can deal with quite a lot of tricky opponents.

SP1- Best way to build up Spider-Sense charges, you get one every time you use this attack until you're maxed out. The cap is 5 which is increased to 6 with the Gwenom synergy active on the team. SP1 also activates trap spider mode which is a passive effect. Trap spider mode increases your critical damage rating and gives you a 30% chance to apply enervate debuffs on every attack. You can be very aggressive with her since they won't be gaining power when enervate is active.

SP2- Full of utility. You have a guaranteed paralyse debuff from this attack which does 3 important things. It will stun the opponent for 4 seconds as well as reducing their power rate and regeneration by 80%. Should be enough time to land a lot of free hits. This may even reverse healing slightly if your despair is maxed and you place another debuff whilst paralyse is active.

SP3- This is where the big damage comes from. SP3 activates hunter spider mode which can massively increase your damage output. It lasts for 18 seconds (remember you can pause this) and each attack will apply an extra 55% of the damage dealt as direct physical damage. At a high enough rank this could be really impressive, especially if the Gwenom synergy is active. Hunter spider mode is passive and can't be nullified.

Signature ability:

At a high signature level this can be quite a big boost to the character, these are the stats for a sig 200 Spider-Gwen:

\-Slow debuff will last an extra 3 seconds

\- Her paralyse debuff will reduce power gain and healing by an extra 70% allowing her to reverse healing and power lock them for the duration of the stun. With stupefy you can get plenty of hits in here.

\-Her Spider-Sense charges give her 134.04 critical damage each

\-Hunter spider and trap spider modes are both extended by 45%

Brb....going to rank 4 my Spider Gwen.
  • MegaSkater67MegaSkater67 Posts: 1,377 ★★★★
    Denzel116 said:

She’s one of my most valuable 5/65s, the content she’s been able to clear really is quite impressive. She’s been brilliant in act 6 and variants, when I faced the champion in 6.2 she got me to the final 10% on her own. Even managed to pick up two prowess charges before she went down. I feel pretty confident in saying that she’s capable of getting a solo in that fight, I’m hoping to do that at some point. But I can’t recommend her enough, here’s why I like her so much.

Spider-Gwen:

Since the buff she's really fun to play and has some really nice utility. Her animations have always been brilliant so it's great that she's now a useful character to have.

First thing to mention is her slow debuff. This is a relatively new debuff but it can be very useful. To 'slow' your opponent you just need to hit them with a heavy attack, this is easy to do because she has a lot of range making the heavy counter technique really simple. No real need to parry, although that is an alternative if you prefer. This debuff will prevent unstoppable buffs from activating as well as giving her the ability to ignore auto evade, also has quite a long duration of 15 seconds and is very easy to refresh. The only downside to this is that it won't work against anyone with a class advantage on her.

Spider-sense charges can be quite important, especially if you're using the Gwenom rising synergy. This synergy only benefits Gwen and can be activated by any of the following champions: Venom, Carnage, Venom the Duck, Symbiote Supreme. Each Spider-Sense charge will increase her attack by 10% if Gwenom Rising is active on the team so building these up can make her damage increase significantly, especially at higher ranks. As a bonus, she will start the fight with 3 extra charges when fighting characters of the Superior Class (Maestro, collector etc.). So, with the Gwenom synergy you'll begin the fight with 4 charges, which means you start with a 40% attack boost essentially. Later in the fight you’ll be able to increase that to 60% (Very effective against nameless Thanos AQ if you're looking for regular usage). If you're looking to become uncollected she would also be very helpful against the collector in Act 5.2). You don’t need to have the Gwenom synergy active on your team to start with 3 extra charges, this will happen with or without that synergy.

Assuming you aren't utilising the synergy each Spider-Sense charge will grant you a 7% chance to evade incoming attacks unless you are trying to block. The trick is to try and combine dexterity with her auto evade to avoid the tricky specials, similar to how Stark Spider-Man works. Her evade chance is increased by 550% when the opponent uses an unblockable special attack, the maximum chance for her auto evade is at 5 charges which is 35% (as a side note this will be halved if you are using the Gwenom synergy). With a 550% increase that results in a 192% chance to evade so you’re completely safe if you just let go and trust the AI. This is particularly useful against champs like doom since his SP1 activates his aura and will be unblockable. If you struggle trying to evade it, she will do it for you if you don’t hold block. Final things to mention with these charges is that each one increases her attack by X attack rating and she can nullify the opponent's true strike buffs and gain a charge that way. To nullify a true strike buff, she needs to use an auto evade. Really useful for defence as it limits who can counter her.

You can pause hunter and trap spider modes in a number of ways, these are:

\-Evade an attack (0.5 seconds)

\-Land a combo ending attack (0.5 seconds)

\-Using a special attack will pause them for the full duration

Special attacks:

All 3 of her special attacks are very useful. Some provide excellent utility whilst others massively improve her damage output. Using each one in the right scenario makes her a flexible attacker who can deal with quite a lot of tricky opponents.

SP1- Best way to build up Spider-Sense charges, you get one every time you use this attack until you're maxed out. The cap is 5 which is increased to 6 with the Gwenom synergy active on the team. SP1 also activates trap spider mode which is a passive effect. Trap spider mode increases your critical damage rating and gives you a 30% chance to apply enervate debuffs on every attack. You can be very aggressive with her since they won't be gaining power when enervate is active.

SP2- Full of utility. You have a guaranteed paralyse debuff from this attack which does 3 important things. It will stun the opponent for 4 seconds as well as reducing their power rate and regeneration by 80%. Should be enough time to land a lot of free hits. This may even reverse healing slightly if your despair is maxed and you place another debuff whilst paralyse is active.

SP3- This is where the big damage comes from. SP3 activates hunter spider mode which can massively increase your damage output. It lasts for 18 seconds (remember you can pause this) and each attack will apply an extra 55% of the damage dealt as direct physical damage. At a high enough rank this could be really impressive, especially if the Gwenom synergy is active. Hunter spider mode is passive and can't be nullified.

Signature ability:

At a high signature level this can be quite a big boost to the character, these are the stats for a sig 200 Spider-Gwen:

\-Slow debuff will last an extra 3 seconds

\- Her paralyse debuff will reduce power gain and healing by an extra 70% allowing her to reverse healing and power lock them for the duration of the stun. With stupefy you can get plenty of hits in here.

\-Her Spider-Sense charges give her 134.04 critical damage each

\-Hunter spider and trap spider modes are both extended by 45%

Brb....going to rank 4 my Spider Gwen.
    Haha, hope you like her as much as I do. Even if you don’t end up using her much she’s a pretty good defender on the right nodes.
  • Tiger360Tiger360 Posts: 1,696 ★★★★
    Super fun to play