**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Namor changes - is returning the items invested enough for people who spent 100s of $ to get him?

CR7gouravCR7gourav Posts: 52
edited January 2020 in General Discussion
Although i know changes are yet to happen, but looking at the description i would say namor got a bad hit and won't be near the same as he was when advertised. My problem with this is people spending units are getting the items back and not the units. Someone spent real money to get a champ that was advertised and was appealing to the person. I know champion rebalancing is for the game balance to be maintained but looking at namor - he is a niche champ that doesn't excel everywhere, heavily dependent on special use and is a burst champion with good build up time already - with new nodes like hurtlocker, viliany and other combinations as toxic splash etc, its highly debatable that he is overpowering everywhere in the game. The places where he excels are being made even more difficult. So, why those who paid to get him should get the actual things including units back.

P.s. I don't have a namor as 5 or 6* and i am a f2p. But i feel saddened with people losing money like this. (For option 3 eg. Dr. Doom is OP and would be rebalanced ones enough people have been milked.)

Namor changes - is returning the items invested enough for people who spent 100s of $ to get him? 68 votes

Lets wait for the changes to actually come and then see
22% 15 votes
People should get the units back - whatever they invested for his featured crystal
13% 9 votes
Kabam should be blamed for using rebalancing as a tool for running a vicious cycle of making new champs with lucrative abilities and taking them away just to make people spend more on other champs
20% 14 votes
Kabam can't be blamed for people spending on a game - rebalancing is mentioned so should always be kept in mind before spending on anything
26% 18 votes
Options are too long. I don't care
17% 12 votes

Comments

• OctoberstackOctoberstack Posts: 872 ★★★★
    zeezee57 said:

Why do you think he won't be near the champ he is now? I've been as critical as it gets with all this and still find these changes entirely unnecessary but they're far less severe than expected.

This pretty much sums it up. Obviously not any happier as a result of the upcoming changes, but will be keeping my Namor at R5 sig 200
  • Mathking13Mathking13 Posts: 988 ★★★
    don't quote me on this, but as far as I understand (and I'd say read the ToS for yourself; I believe the relevant information is in sections 4 and 5, and maybe section 6 as well) , the terms of service state that Kabam is not responsible for any inconvenience or damage caused by modification of their services, which would include stuff like champion rebalancing.
    Yes, it would be appreciated by many people, including me, if Kabam decided to give out other resources such as units as a 'compensation' package for the money and units spent to obtain the champions being affected by these rebalancing changes, but just note that Kabam is under no obligation to do anything in response to this modification of their Services. They don't even have to do this whole 'sell your champs in this time window to get your resources back' thing in the first place.

Anyway I'm fine with the planned changes they're making to most of these champs. They've done an amazing job preparing all this information in an easy-to-understand manner, and have expertly explained their reasoning behind the changes they are making.
    And yeah I think I'll wait and see how these changes look before making a more definitive call on my position on these changes.
  • BboychoboBboychobo Posts: 249 ★★
    i think thats one of the fundamental problems with Kabam... is that they are pretty much have freedom to do whaterver they want.. its as if laws protecting customer/consumer do not apply to them... i mean a scenario where a person spent $100 or $1000 or in a case i know a dude who spent 4k Euro to try get namor as 5 and/or 6 star... forget the resources / the gems / the stones or whatever we are talking about hard earned real money the person chose to spend on the game ( its his choice to do so ) and get that specific character that the company made him to be ... few months down the line they decide to change that for the worse.. i mean... how does that encourage us to go for any future champs... whether saving shard or spending real money if they can change him/her whenever they feel the need to without the consequences of being sued or something ... its like selling lies .. its like promoting fake/temporary product then .. i mean some1 out there who spent quite a lot of money should probably seek legal advise about this kind corporate behavior... i dont know ... what you guys think ??? i just know that im not buying a single crystal for and god tier or beyond god tier or in fact anyone since i know that i could spend real money get him. rank him up then sometime down the line they just change him for the worse !!!! and i really think that if they change him or anyone else they should return all the shards and all the cash a summoner spent to get him or face legal charges !!!!
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,172 ★★★★★
    If they returned all of the money you spent on crystals trying to get Namor they’d have to take away every single champ you got from them, as well as the resources, the sig ability crystal rewards, the shards from dupes, etc.

That money you spent for Namor had a ton of benefits to your acct aside from Namor.
  • StingerbkStingerbk Posts: 160 ★★
    Bboychobo said:

i think thats one of the fundamental problems with Kabam... is that they are pretty much have freedom to do whaterver they want.. its as if laws protecting customer/consumer do not apply to them... i mean a scenario where a person spent $100 or $1000 or in a case i know a dude who spent 4k Euro to try get namor as 5 and/or 6 star... forget the resources / the gems / the stones or whatever we are talking about hard earned real money the person chose to spend on the game ( its his choice to do so ) and get that specific character that the company made him to be ... few months down the line they decide to change that for the worse.. i mean... how does that encourage us to go for any future champs... whether saving shard or spending real money if they can change him/her whenever they feel the need to without the consequences of being sued or something ... its like selling lies .. its like promoting fake/temporary product then .. i mean some1 out there who spent quite a lot of money should probably seek legal advise about this kind corporate behavior... i dont know ... what you guys think ??? i just know that im not buying a single crystal for and god tier or beyond god tier or in fact anyone since i know that i could spend real money get him. rank him up then sometime down the line they just change him for the worse !!!! and i really think that if they change him or anyone else they should return all the shards and all the cash a summoner spent to get him or face legal charges !!!!

Read the TOS, as for whether this will affect their back pocket, I definitely think it will, I for one wouldn't be buying any more cavs for new champs, till they go through the rebalancing phase. But I think kabam is aware of that eventuality, the level of impact it will have on the spending on cavs? we will have to wait and see.
  • We have already commented on this in other threads. There will not be any refund for the Crystals purchased. A number of the reasons why have been listed by your fellow Summoners.

We also don't allow Stilted polls like this in the Forums.
This discussion has been closed.