**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Thoughts on the recent re-balancing

ChovnerChovner Posts: 1,139 ★★★★★
After reading through all the information, which was surprising to see that in-depth and amount (good job Kabam), I feel like all the time invested in this whole process and reveal was very much... wasted?

The changes were always reported as being minor changes/tweaks to the champs and not champ breaking, but it all seems so minimal or trivial in some cases that the changes are just annoying. So all this anxiety and waiting, just to annoy the players, and then have them go through selling back champs and waiting to get them given back weeks later.

The general opinions on these changes aren't overwhelmingly negative or positive on any one champ, and are mostly a resounding "....eh ok I guess that's a kinda good or kinda bad change.... but.... why bother at all for most of this?".

I would say that the response to Cull's changes seem to be the most negative with the majority now looking at selling him back and not using him outside of Arena, which can't be the response Kabam was hoping for previously one of the MOST hyped champs to be released (major dropped ball there).

I would also say that the response to Human Torch;s seem to be the most positive, where they appropriately made changes to make their effort seem worth it.

I personally feel like this time invested should have been to drastically improve champs like what was done with Old Man Logan, Venom, Carnage, Colossus. Hate or love the changes made to those previously underperforming, you at least feel the scope of work completed is comparable to the time and hype around it. These changes feel like you took your car to Pimp My Ride, and when you got it back all they did was add a fake hood scoop and filled it up with Silver grade gas instead of Bronze.

Kabam largely focused on the wrong champs and the ones they rightfully should have been working on they didn't do enough to make them a hit with the players. The days of spending money, grinding arena and buying featured crystals is over, because if this is the process we have to look forward to for champs in the game then I'd rather just kind of coast through the game to get them without too much investment.... and hopefully that doesn't make me question why I'm playing a game I just want to coast through.

With the recent clears of Abyss, I'm now concerned that Kabam's going to focus their next re-balancing on the champs that were used to get through this content thought to take months for initial clears. Doctor Doom, Aegon might NOT BE WORKING AS INTENDED in the near future. Also Kabam might re-re-revisit Human Torch after seeing how INSANELY quickly he's able to meltdown Abyss Mephisto..... I N S A N E L Y Q U I C K L Y !!!!!! :|

Now.... get on to the more important work and buff the champ we all voted for... HULKBUSTER!!!!!! Get back some good PR on your name Kabam!!!!

Comments

• DJMNHDJMNH Posts: 720 ★★★
    Absolutely true mate.. simply disgusting rebalancing they have done. They will take forever now to buff Hulkbuster, Daredevil etc.. also very upset with their miniature buff on Ebony Maw.. he will be my bench warmer as always, as I dont want to spend my hard earned resources for doing him r5
  • Patchie93Patchie93 Posts: 1,898 ★★★★
    You realize they probably have different teams doing these minor tweaks then the hb project.
    Just like different team works on content and another does bug fixing
  • ChovnerChovner Posts: 1,139 ★★★★★
    edited January 2020
    Patchie93 said:

You realize they probably have different teams doing these minor tweaks then the hb project.
    Just like different team works on content and another does bug fixing

I sure hope it's the same team, because if they have one team of even just 2 people working on only buffing 1 champ over the span of 6-8 months.... DAMN....

"Morning Jim"
    "Morning Lisa! What you want to tackle today?"
    "I guess let's look at Hulkbuster's Armor rating again?'
    "That's what he did all of December"
    "Right right right.... right.... Well let's look to see how we can make him stronger?"
    "We did that for 2.5 months already"
    "Right.... oh boy time flies when you're re-inventing the wheel huh?!?!? LOL.... ANYHOOOOO.... Let's grab early lunch and then go home"
    "Yeah try again tomorrow I guess.... No sense in rushing this huh?"
    "Nite Jim"
    "Nite Lisa"

I joke I joke.... :)
  • LordScatsburyLordScatsbury Posts: 174
    I think it’s borderline false advertising what they’ve done , make thousands of dollars selling loot crates for a chance at these champions and then nerfing them into the ground a few months later. I’m will not be suprised if another 12.0 style boycott happens
  • Patchie93Patchie93 Posts: 1,898 ★★★★

I think it’s borderline false advertising what they’ve done , make thousands of dollars selling loot crates for a chance at these champions and then nerfing them into the ground a few months later. I’m will not be suprised if another 12.0 style boycott happens

Who was nerfed into the ground?
    What false advertisement?
    You realize they are operating 100% within the ToS which states A. You own nothing in the game
    B. They have a right to modify whatever they want about the game whenever they want.

They advertised a chance to get namor. Welp you still get a namor who's still an amazing champ/cull still is one of the highest damage dealers in the game
  • Hey guys, there's already a thread HERE for sharing feedback and suggestions about Champion rebalances. To help keep the Forum tidy, I'll go ahead and close this one.
This discussion has been closed.