**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

5/65 Hyperion or 5/65 CV? Both duped

5/65 Hyperion or 5/65 CV? Both duped 29 votes

Hyperion
75% 22 votes
Claire Voyant
24% 7 votes

Comments

• Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    Both are very good, but I like Hype more. Very versatile and good for a broad range of fights, plus his rampup is very fast and once you get the ball rolling, the enemies power bar is the only deterrent.
  • EnderDarkanEnderDarkan Posts: 34
    Agreed. I’m on fence because of CV usefulness on such nodes as biohazard and caltrops, she’s a cheat code on caltrops.
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    With suicides I’d say Claire just edges him out, without unquestionably hype tho
  • PlinkoPlinko Posts: 173 ★★
    Yes
  • Crazy_JamieCrazy_Jamie Posts: 345 ★★
    edited January 2020

Both are very good, but I like Hype more. Very versatile and good for a broad range of fights, plus his rampup is very fast and once you get the ball rolling, the enemies power bar is the only deterrent.

I agree with this reasoning regarding Hyperion, and I absolutely acknowledge how hard he hits and how useful he is overall. I also acknowledge that Hyperion is bound to win this poll.

However, I’ve gone for BWCV, I do have her at r5 and I’ll explain why she’s my choice. Essentially in my view she has more utility for a lot of endgame and newer content. First of all, she is actively fantastic for any fights involving the following;

- Fights where you’ll be hit with bleed, poison or incinerate, either from an opponent’s natural ability (eg Morningstar) or a node (eg Biohazard).
    - Fight where your opponent is immune to bleed, poison, poison or incinerate, either naturally or from a node.
    - Fights where your opponent generates buffs of any kind, either naturally or from a node (eg explosive personality, rage).

Just stop and think about how many matchups the above covers. It’s the majority, and even fights where she has class disadvantage such as duped Abomination (who I mention because he’s on 6.3 paths).

The fact that she is triple immune is helpful, but due not just to the immunity, but because she turns it into an active advantage. Her regeneration is incredible and allows her to basically complete entire paths in endgame content because any damage from blocking etc can just be regenerated; she’s been my main path clearer in 6.3 so far. Her power control is not the best, though it is useful, but even though her base damage is average she hits very hard with her SP2 with the hellfire curse active.

Ultimately, It’s not so much her damage output but the sheer number of fights she controls. Have to take damage due to blocking or annoying SP1s like War Machine, Punishers etc, or interactive damage like Iceman? Doesn’t matter, she’ll regenerate it. Having issues with the likes of Medusa, Hyperion and other champs with buffs? She’s probably the best champ in the game against them; it’s actively hard to lose to them with her. Issues with AQ bosses, including Hyperion and Red Skull? Again, I regularly take them out still noded because she counters them so well, and she’s a dream for AQ because of the regeneration.

I obviously can’t guarantee how useful she’ll be for future content, but her track record is good. For example, the Epic acornocopia path got a lot of complaints, but on any given day I found that she obliterated at least half of the matchups. Not only does that utility let you clear content, but it also allows you to use your other team spots for champs with specific utility.

So yeah, I appreciate that most will still prefer Hyperion, but thought I’d explain why, for me, BWCV is an easy r5 choice at the very least.
  • ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    edited January 2020
    Both are excellent choices, i have a god tier cosmic corvus already at R5 plus my hyperion currently unduped so i am going for claire voyant first. Not to mention that she has a solo synergy for giving your team a 10% attack boost against villains, so she'll be useful in alot of places.