**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

CapIW not nullifying annihilus unstoppable with kinetic charges

Cap’s kinetic charge ability grants 100% chance to nullify an unstoppable charge yet the last few weeks I’ve noticed that annihilus doesn’t lose his unstoppable when attacked by cap with a kinetic charge. Did something change? Has anyone else notice this? Or am I just completely missing something. Not that it should matter but I’m using a sig 200 5* CapIW. Has really been hurting me in AW and just tested it multiple times in a duel. I tried to search the forums but didn’t find any results. Someone please confirm or deny this.

Comments

• TerraTerra Posts: 8,002 ★★★★★
    edited February 2020
    If Annihalus has his cosmic rod up hes nullify immune. If Cap tries to nullify him, he removes the rod first.. basically you need to double nullify Annihalus if you are using CAIW.
    Should be more clearly stated in Annihalus abbilities page
  • ChronicChronic Posts: 37
    Thank you very much for the enlightenment. Maybe it’s just been chance and In the past I was able to land two hits in a row so it felt like I just “hit through” the unstoppable like I do on Juggs and other unstoppables but this makes complete sense. Cheers and thank you. I wish it was a bit better explained though in the abilities though.
  • ChronicChronic Posts: 37
    I remember a thread awhile back though that discussed this sort of topic (and I don’t remember the outcome so bear with me) but there is definitely a hierarchy when it comes to something that is immune vs 100% chance. Kind of an immovable object versus an unstoppable force scenario. Next time I’ll just use Sym Supreme.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,360 ★★★★★
    Chronic said:

I remember a thread awhile back though that discussed this sort of topic (and I don’t remember the outcome so bear with me....

This thread? https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/178592/thing-nullifies-cosmic-control-rod#latest

There have been a few similar threads, actually. In Cap's case, it's actually working as intended; but champs like Iron Fist and Thing have the same issue; and actually Nullify the Cosmic Control Rod even when there's no Unstoppable active. Since this triggers several strong Fury stacks, it's a bit of an issue.