**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Abyss IW damage while Force Field is down [Title edited for clarity]

McCloud33McCloud33 Posts: 44
edited February 2020 in Bugs and Known Issues
In fighting IW in the abyss, I was still experiencing reduced damage even after taking down the shield. Sometimes this was the full duration of the shield being down, and other times I would get my full damage after she threw a special attack. This happened with multiple difference champions and made a difficult fight even worse. @Kabam Miike https://youtu.be/JDQTvjlDmjE
Post edited by Kabam Zibiit on

Comments

• Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★
    I got this exact same bug @McCloud33

Here's a screenshot for an example. A few things to note:
    • Invisible Woman's Shield is down (cooldown is 20 seconds, more than 1/4 of the cooldown is over, meaning it's been down over 5 seconds)
    • Killmonger is boosted
    • Killmonger is max sig
    • Killmonger has Reverberation and True Strike active, giving a +2645 attack on top of his natural 2343 (unboosted) attack rating
    • Killmonger has the class advantage
    All of that working in Killmonger's favor, yet a critical hit did less than 600 damage? The damage is clearly being reduced as if the force field were still up.

What I've noticed is that the protection stays active for a seemingly random length of time. In this next image, the force field has been down for a while, but it seems the damage reduction from the force field didn't go down until midway through my combo. One crit did 371, the next did 2541.

The key to this fight is inflicting as much damage as possible in the 20 seconds that the force field is on cooldown. This bug narrows this window of opportunity and really needs to be fixed.

I'll see if I can't upload some of this fight to YouTube tonight. When I can, I'll post it here if it'll help.
  • Hey there, we've passed this along to the rest of the team to ask about. If you have other video or can share who else was on your team or what boosts were, we'll pass that along as well.
    I'm putting my video together to upload...hopefully tonight.

However, when putting it together, I thought I'd show two instances where my L3 did zero damage.

The video will come tonight, but I hope this shows that there's definitely something funny going on.
  • awesomesauceawesomesauce Posts: 774 ★★★
    Hopefully whatever this is, it's fixed soon because I am fixing to do my first pass.
    @Kabam Zibiit since you asked here's a video with the associated bugs.

The first instance I noticed was at 6:00 minutes. I try to point out the ones I noticed within the video.

You can see bugs when her health is at 83%, 61%, 42%, 25%, and 23% at least.

This fight features reduced damage once the forcefield is down and multiple L3's that deal zero damage.

My team was Dr. Doom, Void, Killmonger, Guillotine 2099, and Ronan. I was boosted at the time, though I don't remember exactly what I had. Likely a 30% health/attack boost and a 12% Skill special boost.

The first portion was done on an ipad pro. The rest of the fight was done on an iPhone XR. I was having storage issues (Abyss fights are LONG), so I missed out on the last portion of the fight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bQ-TuhTeP8
  • McCloud33McCloud33 Posts: 44
    @Kabam Zibiit Likewise I was boosted at the time. I didn't record my full fight, and only did the one clip after I realized I was doing reduced damage. My team consisted of Sabretooth, Omega Red, Void, Morningstar and Captain America Infinity War. I know that I had the bug with at least Cap IW, Void and Sabretooth.
    Do the mods need any other information?
  • Hey there, the team was just able to send out a fix that should take care of this issue. Just to be safe, you may want to give it at least 20-30 minutes to fully reach everyone and then restart your game.

Hey there, the team was just able to send out a fix that should take care of this issue. Just to be safe, you may want to give it at least 20-30 minutes to fully reach everyone and then restart your game.

That's good news! Do you have any idea what caused the issue?

Unfortunately, I don't have the revives to spare to test this out. Maybe someone else can test this and see if it's fixed? Or maybe support could send me 10 revives so I can try it myself and report back?
  • McCloud33McCloud33 Posts: 44
    @Kabam Zibiit has there been any talk about compensation for those of us that completed a lane of Abyss while many of these bugs were active?
    McCloud33 said:

@Kabam Zibiit has there been any talk about compensation for those of us that completed a lane of Abyss while many of these bugs were active?

I'd also like to know.