**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Doctor Doom

Feels like since they changed the way his power works he isn't near as powerful. Still a solid champ but not overpowered like before. For example:

Before change when activating sp 1 on opponent with 2.5-3 bars of power you could go directly into special 2 after special 1.

After change, even on activating special one with opponent at 3 bars of power I still could not immediately go into special 2.

Thoughts? Not complaining. Just making observations for anyone thinking of ranking up their doctor doom. Mine is 5 star rank 3.

Comments

• RU11011RU11011 Posts: 880 ★★★★
    Are you from the future? How many champs have they changed since then?!

All jokes aside: no changes have happened or announced on Dr. Doom in the most recent update, nor has anything changed since he was released.aybe if you send a video, Kabam might be able to help you out (if it's a bug).
  • Sean_WhoSean_Who Posts: 618 ★★★
    DOCTOR DOOM: Power Prevention while his Aura is active is no longer treated as a Power Lock.

That's a change in the most recent update.
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    Sean_Who said:

DOCTOR DOOM: Power Prevention while his Aura is active is no longer treated as a Power Lock.

That's a change in the most recent update.

That's didn't change the amount
    The fix actually helps the player because the power drain or whatever isn't a debuffs anymore and just does the effect. Previously, it was treated as a debuff so it was easier to shrug off
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,175 ★★★★★
    I run a 5/65 sig 200 Doom. Sometimes my sp1 steals no power, which I do not get.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Arondight said:

Feels like since they changed the way his power works he isn't near as powerful. Still a solid champ but not overpowered like before. For example:

Before change when activating sp 1 on opponent with 2.5-3 bars of power you could go directly into special 2 after special 1.

After change, even on activating special one with opponent at 3 bars of power I still could not immediately go into special 2.

Thoughts? Not complaining. Just making observations for anyone thinking of ranking up their doctor doom. Mine is 5 star rank 3.

Nothing had changed with how his power steal works. If the opponent has a full 3 bars you go straight to sp2. It works of percents of full bars so theres no difference in what you get between 2 bars exactly or just under 3
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★

I run a 5/65 sig 200 Doom. Sometimes my sp1 steals no power, which I do not get.

Only the first hit steal power not the beam. Also if you're fighting AAR champs or magnetized by magneto they can stop the power steal
  • Manup456Manup456 Posts: 887 ★★★★
    Dooms update was a benefit to Doom I don’t see anything wrong with him but I also have MD3 which helps with power gain.