Time For Mythical Crystals?

RoninManRoninMan Posts: 748 ★★★★
I was thinking about the rewards of the new side quest where we get legendary crystals (80% chance for a 4*, 20% chance for a 5*). Also, as 6* are becoming more common and R3 6* are starting to happen, I was thinking that maybe it’s time for a new crystal, a Mythical Crystal. This would be a crystal that has an 80% chance for a 5* and a 20% chance for a 6*. I realize these odds might be weighted a little too high for a 6* but it would only be offered in difficult content, like say Act 6 completion/exploration. Do you guys think it’s time for Kabam to start introducing this type of crystal, even if the odds were slightly adjusted (85/15 or 90/10)?

Time For Mythical Crystals? 71 votes

Yes
78%
DroidDoesNMEONESPantherusNZGoken2345TerraStar_Lord_Lvernon15Mqc19NOOOOOOOOPEEEEECliffordcanLilMaddogHTEric987NiteAndDaep01arisSandeepSArkhamButcherWicket329EvangelionlovrBattle_GreninjaiRetr0 56 votes
No
15%
Savio444SceptilemaniacsolopoloCupidPrathapDeadpool87Fred_JoeityYcatsXdSpoodermanxDChubsWhiteGinjabredMonsta 11 votes
Other (Explain)
5%
awesomesauceUnleashingChaosVendemiairePsyLife 4 votes

Comments

  • RogerRabsRogerRabs Posts: 516 ★★★★
    Yes
    Pretty pointless to award character that you can't use to progress
  • EvangelionlovrEvangelionlovr Posts: 451 ★★★
    Yes
    Fact is they need more consistent ways to get 6* considering how much garbage is in the pool. I have 13 6* with not one real R2 candidate and I have a buddy who's got around 25 with the same issue. Alternatively they could offer a 11k cost 6* featured crystal for Sigil like they do the 5*.
  • NOOOOOOOOPEEEEENOOOOOOOOPEEEEE Posts: 2,583 ★★★★
    Yes
    Honestly I was thinking about this guy could never think up of a name. Mythical sounds pretty cool ngl
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 25,756 ★★★★★
    I prefer 68. I'll owe you one. ;) LOL. Wonder how ambiguous this Post can get before it becomes wrong. Hahahaha.
  • Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 125
    Yes
    I’m voting yes, but I do think they’d have to tweak the odds lower, probably like 10% for a 6*. Then, down the road when 6*s become more common, they can always tweak the odds up. Although if they used this plan, they wouldn’t want to use these mythic crystals in permanent content. Only events so that it doesn’t punish people who cleared the content before the odds change
  • PsyLifePsyLife Posts: 399 ★★
    Other (Explain)
    I feel like these won’t be in the game for a while, but the final act 6 crystal will probably be 4-5-6.
  • SceptilemaniacSceptilemaniac Posts: 867 ★★★
    No
    I think that the whole concept of a legendary crystal is flawed.
    There is a huge difference between getting a 4 star and a 5 star in the current meta. And the legendary crystal has a considerable chance to give a 5-star but that is just not fair. I know that is how RNG comes into play but for completing certain content there should be some certainty with the rewards..I don't want to end up with a 4 star phoenix while a guy gets a 5* Namor for the same thing that I did.
    And the gap between 5 star and 6 star is still greater than 4/5 star. Just my opinion.
  • RoninManRoninMan Posts: 748 ★★★★

    I think that the whole concept of a legendary crystal is flawed.
    There is a huge difference between getting a 4 star and a 5 star in the current meta. And the legendary crystal has a considerable chance to give a 5-star but that is just not fair. I know that is how RNG comes into play but for completing certain content there should be some certainty with the rewards..I don't want to end up with a 4 star phoenix while a guy gets a 5* Namor for the same thing that I did.
    And the gap between 5 star and 6 star is still greater than 4/5 star. Just my opinion.

    Wouldn’t that be true of virtually any crystal that doesn’t guarantee a champ of a single rarity? PHC, GMC, Cav, Ultimate, and legendary crystals are all crystals that have an identical problem that one person may get the lowest tier but another can get the highest. That’s just how a system like this works.
  • awesomesauceawesomesauce Posts: 340 ★★
    Other (Explain)
    I would rather have shards.
    If the intent is a 90/10 split, give me 9k 5* shards and 1k 6* shards.

    Give me an absolute rather than a gamble.
  • KalantakKalantak Posts: 1,189 ★★★★
    why not just buff or reworks 80% garbadge available in 6* and give them atleast some uniqueness or use so they can be usable atleast for few fights,nodes,game modes in game!!
  • SceptilemaniacSceptilemaniac Posts: 867 ★★★
    No
    RoninMan said:

    I think that the whole concept of a legendary crystal is flawed.
    There is a huge difference between getting a 4 star and a 5 star in the current meta. And the legendary crystal has a considerable chance to give a 5-star but that is just not fair. I know that is how RNG comes into play but for completing certain content there should be some certainty with the rewards..I don't want to end up with a 4 star phoenix while a guy gets a 5* Namor for the same thing that I did.
    And the gap between 5 star and 6 star is still greater than 4/5 star. Just my opinion.

    Wouldn’t that be true of virtually any crystal that doesn’t guarantee a champ of a single rarity? PHC, GMC, Cav, Ultimate, and legendary crystals are all crystals that have an identical problem that one person may get the lowest tier but another can get the highest. That’s just how a system like this works.
    The thing is, PHC and GMC have a far lesser chance to award the highest rarity while legendary is mostly given out in rewards and has a considerable (20%) chance to award a 5* which I feel is not fair.
Sign In or Register to comment.