**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

End of a Beginner's Journey

VendemiaireVendemiaire Posts: 2,178 ★★★★★
Hi. This is my second post here and I just want to celebrate my 1st month playing this game. Coincidentally I just defeated Maestro in Act 4 and got a 5* Archangel from a 5 Star Crystal as a timely reward after completing that sweet 10k shards. Here's my milestones:

Jan. 18~25

Squirrel Event was an awesome jumpstart. Got my 1st 4* which was Red Skull.
Defeated Thanos from Act 3 with this team: 4* Red Skull and Bishop, 3* Infinity Ironman, Stealth Spiderman, and Symbiote Supreme. (2 Lvl. 2 Revives and Team Health Potion)
Got my 1st 5* from the Legendary Crystal, Iron Fist.

Jan. 26~Feb. 1

Learned about Parry and Intercept
Learned about Beginner's Arena
Basic Arena 4* Iceman - 1.2m
Basic Arena 4* Iceman - 1.5m
Joined a Silver 2 alliance where I am the weakest

Feb. 2~7

Explored Act 3 100%
Basic Arena 4* Sunspot - 1.5m
Basic Arena 4* Sunspot - 1.2m
2nd 5* (Venompool) - meh

Feb. 8~14

Featured Arena 4* Domino - 2.1m
Featured Arena 4* Domino - 2.3m
Explored Heroic EQ
3rd 5* (Void) - sweet

Feb. 15~Today

Defeated Maestro of Act 4 (pretty underwhelming. The whole Act 4 is much more difficult)
Team: 5* Rank 2 Void, 4* Rank 4 Domino, Stealth Spidey, Stark Spidey, Havok
4th 5* (Archangel)
Completed Chapter 2 of Master EQ (No more pots and revives for Chapter 3)

Things I bought with cash were the 3* crystal at L12, 4* at 25, 5* at 60 bundle. A stack of 10 energy refill for ¥600, Summoner's Sigil, and that Daily Unit Bundle. This game have such a great community and a lot of guides and videos helped me.

Goal for next month: Uncollected
Hi Intermediate bracket!

Btw, I have a dayjob and my hobby is reading books and watching tons of films. Also, I live alone.

Comments

• Options
    RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,400 ★★★★★
    Very impressive
  • Options
    KaruseusKaruseus Posts: 528 ★★
    Congrats!
  • Options
    Crazy_JamieCrazy_Jamie Posts: 345 ★★
    That’s really good progress and your roster is already looking really solid wit that decent 5* luck to start. Keep it going and take advantage of the intermediate bracket in arena to get some champs from there. If you can spare the time to really grind in those first few months you can give yourself a really good head start.
  • Options
    Nick1109Nick1109 Posts: 594 ★★★
    A month and you got 4 5*s congrats.
  • Options
    lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Posts: 4,292 ★★★★★
    great progress!! I got my first 5* 3 months into playing, so u are already doing better than me!
  • Options
    MassapealMassapeal Posts: 143
    It took me 11 months of playing to beat the Maestro, but that was before 5*s
  • Options
    NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,912 ★★★★★
    I remember playing and the resources to rank a 4 star pass r3 was so hard to come by and now look people getting 5 stars in a month
  • Options
    kfd2010kfd2010 Posts: 423 ★★
    Very smart to run arena when you're in the lower brackets. Really helps getting some good champs.
  • Options

I also got 4* Longshot this morning at 2.7m. Cool champ!

you can probably just pick 1 online forum to post this to going forward. I'd suggest this one over the other place i saw this.
    Sorry. I was just too hyped. Will keep that in mind. >_<
  • Options
    Thanks guys! <3
  • Options
    Horror_punkHorror_punk Posts: 1,053 ★★★★
    My advice as a veteran: Never waste units on crystals
    Use them to clear quests only

Thanks
    Dr. Horror_Punk
  • Options

My advice as a veteran: Never waste units on crystals
    Use them to clear quests only

Thanks
    Dr. Horror_Punk

Thanks!

Spent 300 on Crystal Shards on my first week. Never again.
  • Options
    That's pretty good progress for a month of play. My only comment here is to make sure you're having fun playing the game, because game progress isn't going to be that fast forever. It can't be, because no developer could make content fast enough to keep up with that pace. Progress will level off and get harder over time, and your enjoyment of the game will have to shift from blazing through content to working up to taking on higher tier content. Not everyone makes the transition, hopefully you'll be one of them.
  • Options
    DNA3000 said:

That's pretty good progress for a month of play. My only comment here is to make sure you're having fun playing the game, because game progress isn't going to be that fast forever. It can't be, because no developer could make content fast enough to keep up with that pace. Progress will level off and get harder over time, and your enjoyment of the game will have to shift from blazing through content to working up to taking on higher tier content. Not everyone makes the transition, hopefully you'll be one of them.

Thanks for the forecast! The real reason for my fast progression was the volume of community tips and guides from Seatin, BG, and others. I am trying to maximize what I can within this 2 months period of Beginner/Intermediate bracket because after I am thrown into the Veteran's hell I don't think I will be able to obtain champions, let alone the featured ones. Also, realizing how wider the gap has been from Act 5 and Act 4 I don't think I will be able to do it sooner as I wanted to. Even clearing Act 4 will take me a long time. I already saw the endgame from most of the community and I have set my expectations right that after 2 months I will not rush content anymore and do just enough to progress.
  • Options
    winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,772 ★★★★★
    Just curious if you have 1* Hulk? :)
  • Options

Just curious if you have 1* Hulk? :)

None. I read that he's important in some high level content though. o_o
  • Options
    Blur_x21Blur_x21 Posts: 9
    Hii. How do you rack up soo much points even with your schedule? I do basic 3* arena re-runs about 8-10 times a day but can only rack up 200-240k points at the end of each day. I have about 7 4* and would want to put my resources there (well at least till I get a 5 star) so none of my 1, 2 and 3 stars have been ranked nor levelled up. Because of this, I cannot have infinity win streak as these heroes are quite low. In one run, I could rack up about 20-25k points before I start the streak again. Doing this 10 times a day (Character Cool down period of about 2hrs between each run means i’ve used up 20 hrs from the day), I’ll get about 200-250k point. In 3 days, I’ll have a total of 600-750k points. The beginners bracket for top 10% could be higher now say 1.5M. How then do I get that????
  • Options
    SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,805 ★★★★★
    edited July 2020
    Blur_x21 said:

Hii. How do you rack up soo much points even with your schedule? I do basic 3* arena re-runs about 8-10 times a day but can only rack up 200-240k points at the end of each day. I have about 7 4* and would want to put my resources there (well at least till I get a 5 star) so none of my 1, 2 and 3 stars have been ranked nor levelled up. Because of this, I cannot have infinity win streak as these heroes are quite low. In one run, I could rack up about 20-25k points before I start the streak again. Doing this 10 times a day (Character Cool down period of about 2hrs between each run means i’ve used up 20 hrs from the day), I’ll get about 200-250k point. In 3 days, I’ll have a total of 600-750k points. The beginners bracket for top 10% could be higher now say 1.5M. How then do I get that????

@Blur_x21
    When I was in beginners bracket people went for like 750-800k. L

Def investing into some three stars is also good for these arena points, as well as the fact they are used in certain endgame content. Focusing resources on those four stars is smart, but depending on the four stars you have and what not, some three stars are potentially better. If you have more questions, ask the forums. We do our best to be helpful.

Welcome to the forums!
  • Options
    DNA3000 said:

Looking back at this comment. I actually quit the game last April after getting stuck at 5.2.6, the Storm (Pyramid X) Epic difficulty side quest, and Arena fatigue. Decided to pick up the game again halfway through July and managed to breeze content. Got uncollected before the end of the month, fully explored the uncollected EQ, and managed to almost clear the Canadian difficulty. I'm not grinding as much as before and playing less but taking a break from the game made my game better. Lol.
  • Options
    Blur_x21 said:

No infinite win steak. Use your lowest level champs for the first 5 games then use the higher ranks at streaks 6 onwards until you are defeated. Then repeat until you use all the champs in your roster.

The Basic 4* is a better place to grind.
  • Options
    _hbtygbty423__hbtygbty423_ Posts: 546 ★★
    Congrats Bro! Only thing is, how is ur memory so good? All I remember is im F2P and I Got 2/3 5 stars from legendary, medusa and sentry, and medusa was my first ever 5 star, and after that I got blade from my first basic, and I naturally awakened my Blade on my 8th 5 star basic! Best of Luck On The Uncollected Road, I recently became uncollected and it was tough, but well worth it!
  • Options

Congrats Bro! Only thing is, how is ur memory so good? All I remember is im F2P and I Got 2/3 5 stars from legendary, medusa and sentry, and medusa was my first ever 5 star, and after that I got blade from my first basic, and I naturally awakened my Blade on my 8th 5 star basic! Best of Luck On The Uncollected Road, I recently became uncollected and it was tough, but well worth it!

Thaaanks! I eat my veggies perhaps. Just kiddin'. Lol. I just recently got UC a day before the compensation package came. <3
  • Options
    No Way Bro.. So did I!!!
  • Options
    But I should have waited since I could have got double nexus