**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

the new black market

thanks, i hate it.

also, how about you go ahead and fix the price of that legendary crystal before i laugh so hard my eyeballs fall out. thx.

Comments

• Details?
  • DenRodDenRod Posts: 43
    edited February 2020
    It's a very small upgrade to be honest, but I guess we'll take what we can get.

Regarding the new Legendary Crystal, stay away from that. Its price tag is laughable, big miss on their evaluation. It's just not worth it. Have opened so many of these things and only remember pulling a single one 5* ever.
  • Austin555555Austin555555 Posts: 3,043 ★★★★★

The legendary crystal should be a MAX of 3000 four star shards, but it really should be 2,000 four star shards since you are more likely to pull a four star anyways

Completely agree. 5k is way too expensive for an 80% chance to end up waisting shards.
    3k should be the price. Much more reasonable
  • ch4rnch4rn Posts: 275 ★★
    edited February 2020
    certainy not renewing my sigil
  • NeotwismNeotwism Posts: 1,803 ★★★★★
    @Vartox we didn't lose the chance to purchase 1k 5* shards. They changed the refresh period on them.
  • FeuerschwerFeuerschwer Posts: 308 ★★
    A lot of the things are on a 7-day instead of 14-day refresh, so that does matter: the 5* shards refresh every week now, so you get 2 a week instead of 1.5 a week (assuming you have the 4* shards to afford it)
  • RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,369 ★★★★★
    According to the chart it shows Legendary at 14 days
  • Nabz034Nabz034 Posts: 209 ★★
    edited February 2020

We appreciate any constructive feedback you can offer. Simply saying "thanks, i hate it" doesn't really tell us what your full thoughts are. Thanks in advance for clarifying!

@Kabam Vydious

Let me explain it this way...let’s there was a dinner buffet you kinda liked, they had some stuff there, but just enough to keep you coming back. Then one day you went to this buffet, the the stuff you liked wasn’t there anymore, and was replaced with something you’d never put on your plate. And when you asked management, why? You got one of these 🤷🏻‍♂️

Don’t frequent buffets, Same here...

Or let’s say you signed up for those monthly Prize Crates where, and $10 a month was just enough to keep you subscribed. And one month you opened the box and the stuff you actually liked getting was cut in half and replaced with a board game, something you’d never use. And when you asked why? You got one of these 🤷🏼

Don’t subscribe to that stuff, me neither...

Ok, let’s say you go to a gym, and for $10 a month, it’s open all day and night. Small place, but you were able to do cardio and lift weights and do aerobics, you used all three....one day you walked in, and one of the three aspects was replaced with something you’d never use. When you asked why, you got one of these 🤷‍♀️

Don’t work out?

Ok, np, let’s say you purchased a monthly bus pass, and rather than taking you to your destination where you had to walk three blocks, now you gotta walk a 6-blocks even though the driver passes your old drop off, and when you asked why...well, hopefully you get the point by now.

You took something that most people barely felt was worth buying due to the fact that you have to use items to level up champs and go through resources like crazy just to even make it worth buying and made it worse.

Hope that helps
    Johnyzero said:

Not sure why you guys found it necessary to lower the amount of 5* shards available in the store. I thought you guys wanted to make 5* shards more available and not reduce the amount?

There's some misunderstanding going on. They have actually increased the amount of 5* shards available to 4000 per 14 days, compared to 3000 previously.

A few other items have seem a slight increase in availability per 14 days as well. So there is some silver lining to be found here.
  • NeotwismNeotwism Posts: 1,803 ★★★★★
    @Nabz034 do u realize most of the items r refreshed every 7 days now so we end up getting more than we previously did?
    edited February 2020

mgj0630 said:

You're essentially charging a fixed 2 1/2 4* for an 80% chance to get a 4* anyway. As someone with a packed roster, I'm now getting less four star champs (which I don't need anyway), but more importantly, I'm likely getting 550 less 5* shards.

Math...
    Assuming that you don’t care one bit about any more 4* champs because you have most of them anyways (except for using 5* Shards you get from pulling 4* Dups), and your 5* are exceeding your 4* in strength because you’re starting to take those 5* champs to higher ranks ...

Getting a Dup 4* would give only 275 shards toward 5*.
    Let's do calculations based on buying 5 of these Legendary black market crystals (since over the long haul doing 5 of them will average out to pulling one 5* champ from them).

———
    5 Legendaries will cost you 25,000x 4* Shards.
    (on average) you will pull one whole 5* champ (which otherwise equates to 10,000x 5* Shards cost), and will also give you another 1100x 5* Shards (4 * 275) from the (assumed) 4* Dups of the rest.

Versus using 25,000x 4* Shards all on normal 4* crystals.
    You would get (assumed Dups, and even rounding up to 26,000) 3575x 5* Shards (13 * 275).
    And let’s give the benefit of doubt that maybe 8 of the 13 will have also been Max Sig as well, that would be another 2200x 5* Shards. For a total of only 5775x 5* Shards.

— Summary —
    So buying 5 Legendaries would have given you (on average) the equivalent of 11,100x 5* Shards. In the form of an actual 5* champ plus another 1100x (at a minimum, because didn’t even account for potential MaxSig from those 4 other Legendaries that gave you 4* Dups).

Versus using them as 4* would have only received around 5775x 5* Shards. That's about half as much as if you bought the black market Legendaries instead.
    Your math is correct, but you are forgetting to consider some very important factors:

In order to acquire 5 Legendary Crystals via Black Iso Store you'd have to wait for 28 days (assuming you are buying your 1st today). Even after those 28 days, you'll still have the chance to end up with just 5 4*, since it is RNG based regardless of your average math. You can always pull the trigger on another 35 days (now you have to wait another week to buy your 1st one) and see what happens.

Some people will be super lucky and actually get multiple 5* when opening a batch of 5 Legendary Crystals, but since we are talking about averages here, that gets cancelled out by the other bigger amount that will either open 0 or just 1.

Two very important factors come into play now. First you have to account for the frustration that is opening 25000 4* shards to find yourself with only 5 4* in the screen in front of you. It's a fact that a big portion of players that do decide to adopt your math are going to be facing. If you ask me, I don't think it's worth to throw the dice in being one of them.

Secondly, when you are opening your 5000 4* shards as soon as you get them instead of saving for a Legendary Crystals every 7 days, you are readily having access to whatever 5* shards amount you end up getting. That allows you to make better decisions concerning a fully formed 5* crystal to open, potential rank-ups and finding champions faster to clear more content.

In my opinion, the uncertainty of maybe getting a better return out of 28 days to who knows how many more (too long of a period in which you are more than likely receiving diminishing returns) is just not enough to justify gambling 5775 5* shards in order to acquire 11100 (or maybe 12200 as you pointed out with possible max sig crystals).
  • PlinkoPlinko Posts: 173 ★★
    Plinko said:

5k 4*shards for an 80% chance at a 4* champ. With your "RNG", that's almost a guaranteed 4* for almost double the price for paying customers on a mobile game. If you can't understand what is wrong with that then nobody can help you.

I accidentally typed almost double. It's more than double the cost. That's what is disgusting about it.
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    edited February 2020
    I was originally taken aback by the cost of the legendary but if 4*s are your goal then it isn't for you. However if 5*s are your goal you’re trading 4-8% of a 5* crystal for a 20% chance at a full 5*; This depends on how often you’ll pull a 4* max sig crystal.
  • KelvinKageKelvinKage Posts: 372 ★★★
    CJDorro12 said:

I’m sorry but how can you guys change the terms of the contract (change the store items) when so many people paid for the existing setup? I think you guys need to reimburse your customers and start over. That’s a bunch of **** changing the items after the fact. I will be asking for a refund because the value is just not the same now.

Lmao it’s better value though....