**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Resonate worth it?

Danicb94Danicb94 Posts: 97
edited October 2022 in Strategy and Tips
Is a good option to buy resonate to my 5* Elektra? someone have that mastery and think is worth it??
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• DrizzitsDrizzits Posts: 157
    I see value in it for specific situations. I wouldn't personally recommend running it at all times, as it's a massive point investment in the defense tree.
    Totally biased though, I haven't used more than 10 defense points ever since they released the new masteries and nerfed will power. I just think it's unnecessary.
  • RebusUIRebusUI Posts: 45
    Yeah too many points needed to open it... and there are only handful of masteries in defense that's worth it since the 12.0 update
  • bigmull1bigmull1 Posts: 45
    Drizzits wrote: »
    I see value in it for specific situations. I wouldn't personally recommend running it at all times, as it's a massive point investment in the defense tree.
    Totally biased though, I haven't used more than 10 defense points ever since they released the new masteries and nerfed will power. I just think it's unnecessary.

I completely agree with you. I just wish it was free to change mastery setups. The fact that we paid for the masteries, then have to pay to change has always bothered me.
  • Denslo500Denslo500 Posts: 900 ★★★
    Any new thoughts on this?
    Void and spider2099 would benefit.
  • Wally_WooferWally_Woofer Posts: 173
    I still run it...haven't run without it in years, so I don't know what it's like. Despite that, don't think the investment is worth it these days...but many of the masteries fall in that category. I think they were more relevant when the champs were less complex.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,281 ★★★★★
    There's quite a few (mostly science) champions who can benefit -
    Void
    Spidey 2099
    Luke Cage
    Ant Man
    Mr Negative
    Mr Fantastic
    Red Guardian
    Titania
    Wasp
    Warlock
    Elektra
    Masacre
    Taskmaster

Resonate can be helpful for all these champions; but the main reason people don't run it is that in modes like Alliance Wars, Arena, Incursions and Battlegrounds, it gives your opponent free Willpower healing. Or worse, if you're fighting Kingpin or DDHK.

I've got it unlocked and used it on a few paths in Variants and other quests that needed you to inflict a Weakness debut on your opponent. But most of the time it's more of a hindrance than a benefit.
    Thank you both for your input
    edited October 2022
    Is it worth maxing out?

I would think 1 point in each would be adequate (inequity and resonate)
  • Wally_WooferWally_Woofer Posts: 173
    If I recall, the benefits of maxing it out are somewhat minimal and the cost is fairly extreme. I only run one in each and he's right that it can be a hindrance at times. I feel like early in playing it helped when you took a combo to the face, but as you advance and get a bit more adept at avoiding that, it has limited benefit. Before I had some other AAR champs, it was pretty cool to turn Electra into nearly an OG Black Widow, and you didn't have to worry about immunities.