**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Act 6 Chapter 4: The End of the Elders has Begun! [Rewards Updated]

Comments

• TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    Lvernon15 said:

Does anyone know if force quitting the game during the selection screen with a catalyst selector sends it to stash?

I've done it before and when you start the game back up it takes you right back to the Selector screen and you can't move on until you choose.
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★

....or worse. A bunch of people will lose it and have to contact Support. Lol.

That gives me an idea, my issue is I’ll want to pick tech if I get it from the 25% crystal on exploration and cosmic if not, wonder if support could change it, though I may try the force quitting thing on my alt and see if it works
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    edited March 2020
    Lvernon15 said:

That gives me an idea, my issue is I’ll want to pick tech if I get it from the 25% crystal on exploration and cosmic if not, wonder if support could change it, though I may try the force quitting thing on my alt and see if it works
    That doesn't work. TheTalents just explained it takes you back to the Selector screen. There's not much getting around it. People will have to know what they want to select before doing it.
    Further to that, Support wouldn't likely have access to this special kind of code.
  • Doomsfist79Doomsfist79 Posts: 922 ★★★
    Lvernon15 said:

Does anyone know if force quitting the game during the selection screen with a catalyst selector sends it to stash?

No.. when the game reloads you will be back to the selector screen.. you can try with one of the selectors from the daily quests..
    Ebony_Naw said:

You said lol again. Is that twice in two days?
    Probably.

Further to that, Support wouldn't likely have access to this special kind of code.

They probably do, they converted my 2015 gem to a 2016 after I accidentally used the 2016 because it doesn’t let you use the other, don’t see how that tech would be different, but the delay between completion and exploration could be the issue
    Lvernon15 said:

They probably do, they converted my 2015 gem to a 2016 after I accidentally used the 2016 because it doesn’t let you use the other, don’t see how that tech would be different, but the delay between completion and exploration could be the issue
    Gems are Inventory Items. Selectors are coded into the game to access the server when you get them.
    It's really a lot less energy to know what you want when you do it than it is to try and bypass the system. It's not guaranteed to line up, but nothing is in a game of RNG. Happens to all of us. We pull what we don't need. We pull too much of the wrong Class. We pull what we don't want. Sometimes we luck out and everything aligns, but that's just how it goes.
  • cityofenochcityofenoch Posts: 45

It's really a lot less energy to know what you want when you do it than it is to try and bypass the system. It's not guaranteed to line up, but nothing is in a game of RNG. Happens to all of us. We pull what we don't need. We pull too much of the wrong Class. We pull what we don't want. Sometimes we luck out and everything aligns, but that's just how it goes.

Yeah those act 4 and 5 grey ags and ability to max your first chosen r5 were totally rng based.

Yeah those act 4 and 5 grey ags and ability to max your first chosen r5 were totally rng based.
    Who says you have to get the same symmetrical equivalent in a higher Rarity? You can't even R5 a 6* at this stage, and T5CCs and 6* AGs are the most rare Resources. It's not just about "We got it last time.", it also relates to what stage the game is at. There's only one Gen Gem, and it's at AOL 100%. Which is supposed to be the greater feat, whether it hit the mark or not. I'm not sure where the concept of the Rewards lining up for all Acts came from, but that's never been guaranteed.
  • EBG78EBG78 Posts: 122 ★★

Who says you have to get the same symmetrical equivalent in a higher Rarity? You can't even R5 a 6* at this stage, and T5CCs and 6* AGs are the most rare Resources. It's not just about "We got it last time.", it also relates to what stage the game is at. There's only one Gen Gem, and it's at AOL 100%. Which is supposed to be the greater feat, whether it hit the mark or not. I'm not sure where the concept of the Rewards lining up for all Acts came from, but that's never been guaranteed.

Kabam set a precedence. At the end of Acts 4&5 they gave us the rarest of materials, at the time, that allowed us to take a champion to the highest rank currently available. Granted, those were materials that are generic in nature, but the concept holds. “Finish this act and you can take a champion of your choice to the highest rank available.” That is not the case here.
    EBG78 said:

Kabam set a precedence. At the end of Acts 4&5 they gave us the rarest of materials, at the time, that allowed us to take a champion to the highest rank currently available. Granted, those were materials that are generic in nature, but the concept holds. “Finish this act and you can take a champion of your choice to the highest rank available.” That is not the case here.
    Granted, they're Generic in nature. Well, that's the differentiation. You're not waiting on a Generic Cat. You're waiting on one of six Classes. You get 25% random, a full Cat at random, and a 25% Selector. It's different because the most valuable Resource isn't a Generic, it's an RNG-based Resource currently. That IS the highest Resource available, as per your trend. It isn't a precedent that you're automatically able to Rank whatever you choose. It's an expectation. The highest Resources available aren't currently distributed in a way that makes it possible.

Granted, they're Generic in nature. Well, that's the differentiation. You're not waiting on a Generic Cat. You're waiting on one of six Classes. You get 25% random, a full Cat at random, and a 25% Selector. It's different because the most valuable Resource isn't a Generic, it's an RNG-based Resource currently. That IS the highest Resource available, as per your trend. It isn't a precedent that you're automatically able to Rank whatever you choose. It's an expectation. The highest Resources available aren't currently distributed in a way that makes it possible.

Yes, “currently”. That doesn’t mean it’s not possible. Before Abyss, you couldn’t get a fully formed t5cc. Before Act 5, you couldn’t get full t5b. You see, new things had to start somewhere. There are class catalyst selectors in the game already and have been given as rewards before. Yes, those haven’t been t5cc selectors, but every new thing has to start somewhere. Completing the most time consuming, challenging content in the game should warrant such a reward. Or so 99% of the people posting here believe.
    We've already established that it's possible, just not the direction they want to go at this time.
    Ebony_Naw said:

We've already established that it's possible, just not the direction they want to go at this time.

And we've established that we know it's not the direction they want to go, we just don't agree with it and are using the forums to express that.
    I didn't say people couldn't do that.
  • OctoberstackOctoberstack Posts: 872 ★★★★

Ebony_Naw said:

And we've established that we know it's not the direction they want to go, we just don't agree with it and are using the forums to express that.
    I didn't say people couldn't do that.
    He wasn’t insinuating that you did.
    Just had an alliance member pull 2 science t5cc from the Abyss exploration rewards. He got a science t5cc from the initial run too. And got a science awakening stone. Sometimes the RNG is just pure ****. That’s why people would really like to see the t5cc selector as a exploration reward for Act 6.
  • Zuko_ILCZuko_ILC Posts: 1,504 ★★★★★
    EBG78 said:

Just had an alliance member pull 2 science t5cc from the Abyss exploration rewards. He got a science t5cc from the initial run too. And got a science awakening stone. Sometimes the RNG is just pure ****. That’s why people would really like to see the t5cc selector as a exploration reward for Act 6.

He can rank up 3/4 of the F4. I wouldn't say that's bad luck at all. Theres at least 3 great champs in each class.
  • TheBestinTuakauTheBestinTuakau Posts: 955 ★★★
    I don't get why everyone is saying act 4 and 5 you got to take a champ of your choice to max rank at the time, this isn't the case. Yea sure you got the basic and alpha catalysts, the T4CC was random. So why are you complaining about the T5CC being random? Act 4 and 5 CC was random. I can understand why everyone is upset about the 6 star ag, I do believe that it should be generic
  • FrostyFrosty Posts: 485 ★★★
    edited March 2020
    EBG78 said:

Other than the AG what was generic in Act 4 and Act 5? In reality with the rewards in act 4 and Act 5 you weren't even guaranteed a rank up, with all the random t4c crystals you weren't even guaranteed enough of 1 class to rank a champ. At least in Act 6 you get enough resources to take a champ from 2 to 3 guaranteed
    Frosty said:

EBG78 said:

Other than the AG what was generic in Act 4 and Act 5?
    The catalyst resource for the next level, act 4 t2a could be used on any champ and act 5 t5b could be used on any champ
    edited March 2020
    Lvernon15 said:

Frosty said:

EBG78 said:

The catalyst resource for the next level, act 4 t2a could be used on any champ and act 5 t5b could be used on any champ
    Lol. You still always needed the random class catalysts to give what you needed.

The resources you named are basic in nature and aren't subject to RNG
    Zuko_ILC said:

EBG78 said:

He can rank up 3/4 of the F4. I wouldn't say that's bad luck at all. Theres at least 3 great champs in each class.
    Yeah, you just need to get amazingly lucky to pull 3 members of the Fantastic Four. When you consider that’s 3 out of 100+ 6*, it could take over a year to get them.

I don't get why everyone is saying act 4 and 5 you got to take a champ of your choice to max rank at the time, this isn't the case. Yea sure you got the basic and alpha catalysts, the T4CC was random. So why are you complaining about the T5CC being random? Act 4 and 5 CC was random. I can understand why everyone is upset about the 6 star ag, I do believe that it should be generic

T4cc were so prevalent at the time most people had full stock of every class. So yes, you could rank up someone from any class. The rare materials were the bottleneck and those materials were the exploration rewards.
    Lvernon15 said:

Frosty said:

Lvernon15 said:

Frosty said:

EBG78 said:

Lol. You still always needed the random class catalysts to give what you needed.

The random class catalysts weren’t the bottleneck rare resource, all the other story content has had a guaranteed rankup for any champ, act 6 doesn’t which is the issue, t4cc was different, it wasn’t rolled out exclusively on new big content, it was available to get by other means in good enough amounts for rankups
    I never said that t4cc weren't abundant. I said that the rewards from Act completion/exploration weren't enough to guarantee a rank up of any champ you wanted
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    Frosty said:

Lvernon15 said:

Frosty said:

Lvernon15 said:

Frosty said:

EBG78 said:

The random class catalysts weren’t the bottleneck rare resource, all the other story content has had a guaranteed rankup for any champ, act 6 doesn’t which is the issue, t4cc was different, it wasn’t rolled out exclusively on new big content, it was available to get by other means in good enough amounts for rankups
    I never said that t4cc weren't abundant. I said that the rewards from Act completion/exploration weren't enough to guarantee a rank up of any champ you wanted
    Well I actually played the game back then and if you were a high level map 5 or map 6 player you had all the access to t4cc you needed which is the point. So anybody who completed act 4 at the time could do their rankup if the champion they wanted was available. Stop reaching.