**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Is it worth opening 5 star featured crystals?

Hello Fellow Summoners,
I have a question to the more experienced players. I have currently 1 5 star character which is DD, and have 8k 5 star shards. Should I wait to open the 10k crystals in Novemeber/December or should I wait for a tech featured 5 star champ, (such as Sparky) and pay 15k shards, since I have 3 t4cc for tech and no other t4cc.

any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• Jimbojames23Jimbojames23 Posts: 70
    Personally I would say no, the chances of getting that featured are incredibly slim so it would be better to get the 10k crystals and build up a basic roster of 5* champs first before risking half of an extra crystal for that small chance
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    I'd say get Atleast 6 different 5*s before going for a featured
  • DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    edited August 2017
    The odds of getting your featured champ is around 20-
    25% from what I've heard. I'd save until November for Spider man Stark enhanced. Just because he's so good. After that most of the 5* will be in the regular crystals so no need to save unless a new amazing champ is introduced. Spider-Man SE is probably the best in the game right now and he doesn't have to be duped. Good luck
  • NormanBJJNormanBJJ Posts: 301 ★★
    Go for the featured, don't be a wiener
  • DefJ123DefJ123 Posts: 54
    I don't personally recommend them but that's me. Lots of people have had great luck with them, myself I've been burned enough it's not worth it. I don't feel like I wasted an extra 5k shards if I don't pull featired that way.
  • No_More_HeroesNo_More_Heroes Posts: 471 ★★
    I wouldn't recommend it either but that's me. They all end up in there anyways but if you want a higher drop rate crystal and a chance to get the featured months before other people will have their chance then it's worth it. Some people say the drop rate is 20-25%, the people that say they are 0/9 and 0/11 would disagree.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,242 ★★★★★
    I suppose it all depends on a few factors. How many Shards you have, what your Roster is like, whether you want the Dup or not (some Champs are fine without it), and most importantly, whether or not you can accept the outcome if you don't roll them. Lol. As was suggested before, I would say it's best to start building a Roster first. It's all up to you. If you want to take a chance, then take a chance.
  • Uncle_Fatty_247Uncle_Fatty_247 Posts: 347 ★★
    I'm a good example of "don't do it"! :#

Pulled Gambit from one crystal when he debuted...since then 0/15 at least, could be more I just stopped counting due to extreme disgust. Last tried for Nebula and AA rerun, failure for both.

Been saving my 5* shards since, won't open them until the "better" batch of champs are added in December, might even wait longer depending who else gets added.

On a side note, a few alliance members opening regular 5* crystals recently, lots of LCs, Groots and Netflix DDs :s
  • Thanks guys, for the advice. I'll see how many shards I'll have by the time Stark spidey rolls around. If I have 25k than ill prob get 1 stark spidey and one 10k.