**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Uh Kabam...? Free gift...?

MoNsTeR_804MoNsTeR_804 Posts: 726 ★★★
So i just watched Prof Hoff's new video on Youtube and apparently this guy got a free ultimate crystal as a gift. Some people said they did get the gift, some didn't. I didn't get it. Can someone explain what that free gift is all about? @KabamMiike @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Vydious

Comments

• Options
    Free Ultimate Crystal from where ???

Was it a type of promotion or contest Prof Hoff was running, and if he is in their Content Creator Program (Content as in “About MCOC”, as opposed to a Content as in developing by Kabam employee), they (CCP'ers) sometimes are allowed to give away some free item to winners/viewers. ???

Or could have been one of those “it's been a while since you last played, please come back and we will give you some free item in return” type of special offer that Kabam sometimes puts out to those less-active people. ???
  • Options

Free Ultimate Crystal from where ???

Was it a type of promotion or contest Prof Hoff was running, and if he is in their Content Creator Program (Content as in “About MCOC”, as opposed to a Content as in developing by Kabam employee), they (CCP'ers) sometimes are allowed to give away some free item to winners/viewers. ???

Or could have been one of those “it's been a while since you last played, please come back and we will give you some free item in return” type of special offer that Kabam sometimes puts out to those less-active people. ???

@SummonerNR I don't know exactly, but it was on Prof Hoff's channel, you can see on Youtube.
  • Options
    So what was on Prof Hoff's channel, since you’re the one that saw it ??

And was it Hoff himself that got it free, or was he talking about someone else ??
  • Options

So what was on Prof Hoff's channel, since you’re the one that saw it ??

And was it Hoff himself that got it free, or was he talking about someone else ??

I'm pretty sure he was talking about someone else. He was talking about the most random free gift from kabam.
  • Options
    ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    A member in my ally got the free gift too and I did not. Weird and random indeed
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,035 ★★★★★
    edited February 2020
    Many time the free gifts are for players to went inactive for a while and they get sent gifts to entice them to come back. Other times they are gifts for android and iOS users and are randomly selected by Google and Apple, not by Kabam.
    https://youtu.be/bEL-U-lsx6Y

There isn't any context here either. Prof Hoff isnt known for being the most accurate youtuber out there and constantly fuels conspiracy theories. A screen shot of a ultimate crystal doesn't mean much. Mostly likely its just a random issued gift from either Google or Apple.