Crystal Hoarding

Anyone else have a bunch of crystals that are just not worth opening cause they’ll just end up in the overflow? 😂

Exhibit A:

I Know Kabam has bigger fish to fry but these things aren’t even worth it to a Cav player. They’re just taking up space. The t1a’s are the only thing of value and it’s a .45% chance of landing one. Ok rant over. 😂

Comments

  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 2,280 ★★★★
    3* arena boost crystals. I got like 170 of those. I would happily trade them in for gold, even just the 50 gold price I would usually get.
  • Izze_KingIzze_King Posts: 193

    3* arena boost crystals. I got like 170 of those. I would happily trade them in for gold, even just the 50 gold price I would usually get.

    I’m good on gold. I literally save all my gold crystals waiting for the bonus they give randomly and cash in. Made 12M the last time.
  • FeuerschwerFeuerschwer Posts: 70
    Arena boosts are at least a good way to spam points in Item Use events.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 2,475 ★★★★★

    Yea man.. I have a few..

    Those aren’t technically useless...where as greater solo crystals are useless.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 11,254 Guardian
    Izze_King said:

    Anyone else have a bunch of crystals that are just not worth opening cause they’ll just end up in the overflow? 😂

    Exhibit A:

    I Know Kabam has bigger fish to fry but these things aren’t even worth it to a Cav player. They’re just taking up space. The t1a’s are the only thing of value and it’s a .45% chance of landing one. Ok rant over. 😂

    My understanding is Kabam is aware that the solo crystals are not really serving a sufficiently useful purpose in the game now, but they aren't quite sure what to do about it yet. It isn't a simple matter of getting rid of them or just throwing stuff randomly into them. They have to consider the impact of eliminating or replacing them, and they have to consider the impact to the rest of the game for anything they decide to replace them with.

    Technically, the signature stones are useful even to higher level players because maxing the signature of a champion means you get max sig crystals on the next dup. So even the 3* signature stones have some value, in that they (practically) double the number of 4* shards you get from every 3* dup. Ditto the awakening gems: I'm always overflowing with them, but whenever I pull a new champ as a 3* I immediately awaken them so that I can also pour sig stones into them, and completely eliminating these crystals would *eventually* put a dent in my ability to do this.
  • MasterSmokeMasterSmoke Posts: 200 ★★
    I need to step my hoarding game up haha
  • SirmacoolSirmacool Posts: 365 ★★
    I’m too impatient to save. I open and sell overflow. Now that I’m steady above 5 mil gold and have to sell ISO daily. I started hoarding this morning.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 25,882 ★★★★★

    Yea man.. I have a few..

    You know those Shards funnel up, right? ;)
  • NeotwismNeotwism Posts: 1,803 ★★★★★
    The problem with simply updating the crystals is some players have thousands of crystals unopened. If they added sig stones for 4&5* champs some players could open thousands of crystals that first day. That could have a huge impact on the game.
  • SpicyslicerSpicyslicer Posts: 1,748 ★★★★

    Yea man.. I have a few..


    I open the phc. My lazy alliance mates don’t put up enough to hit the milestones.
  • CASrinivasCASrinivas Posts: 454 ★★
    I had raised a Poll Long back, Regarding the ReVamp of Crystals, In that I mentioned that the Crystals must be Upgraded based on Story Progression...Here's the Link...Feel Free to Comment & Vote
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/181056/its-time-they-revamp-these-crystals-isnt-it#latest
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 25,882 ★★★★★
    Piviot said:

    I can’t hoard

    I just can’t stand the red circle I have to clear it

    My friend he hoards and I just want to grab his phone and open them

    Same.
  • CASrinivasCASrinivas Posts: 454 ★★
    Forget about Hoarding Crystals, I just can't keep Units... Will buy Grandmaster Crystal....
  • doctorbdoctorb Posts: 871 ★★★

    Yea man.. I have a few..

    Those 4* crystals will give u 5* shards
  • AzKicker316AzKicker316 Posts: 1,717 ★★★★
    doctorb said:

    Yea man.. I have a few..

    Those 4* crystals will give u 5* shards
    Depending on your level, it's not worth popping those 4*s just for shards. For me, I see those more for iso when needed. I get about 1 5* each week, so I'm not hurting just to pop those 4*s. It all depends on your long term vision for the game.
  • Izze_KingIzze_King Posts: 193

    Arena boosts are at least a good way to spam points in Item Use events.

    I don’t use my 3’s or 4’s in arena so I don’t use arena boost and the 5’s are so rare you wouldn’t want to waste em.
  • Izze_KingIzze_King Posts: 193

    Yea man.. I have a few..

    Man now that’s a nice stash! I hardly get phc shards now. 3’s I’ve stopped opening and I only open 4’s for iso when I run out during ranking. 😂
  • Izze_KingIzze_King Posts: 193
    DNA3000 said:

    Izze_King said:

    Anyone else have a bunch of crystals that are just not worth opening cause they’ll just end up in the overflow? 😂

    Exhibit A:

    I Know Kabam has bigger fish to fry but these things aren’t even worth it to a Cav player. They’re just taking up space. The t1a’s are the only thing of value and it’s a .45% chance of landing one. Ok rant over. 😂

    My understanding is Kabam is aware that the solo crystals are not really serving a sufficiently useful purpose in the game now, but they aren't quite sure what to do about it yet. It isn't a simple matter of getting rid of them or just throwing stuff randomly into them. They have to consider the impact of eliminating or replacing them, and they have to consider the impact to the rest of the game for anything they decide to replace them with.

    Technically, the signature stones are useful even to higher level players because maxing the signature of a champion means you get max sig crystals on the next dup. So even the 3* signature stones have some value, in that they (practically) double the number of 4* shards you get from every 3* dup. Ditto the awakening gems: I'm always overflowing with them, but whenever I pull a new champ as a 3* I immediately awaken them so that I can also pour sig stones into them, and completely eliminating these crystals would *eventually* put a dent in my ability to do this.
    I watched the interview they did about upcoming changes, known issues and revamps. I can’t wait.
  • FiiNCHFiiNCH Posts: 428 ★★★

    Yea man.. I have a few..

    How long have you been sitting on all that for?! @Doomsfist79
  • Doomsfist79Doomsfist79 Posts: 752 ★★★
    doctorb said:

    Yea man.. I have a few..

    Those 4* crystals will give u 5* shards
    Yea.. problem is I have too much iso.. and I was at 160k 5* shards.. I normally just try to open when I need iso of a certain class or if the alliance is close to the next milestone in SA
  • Doomsfist79Doomsfist79 Posts: 752 ★★★
    FiiNCH said:

    Yea man.. I have a few..

    How long have you been sitting on all that for?! @Doomsfist79
    Probably about 2 years.. I opened a few hundred the last time we had a gold boost going.. went from 3.5m gold to about 32m
  • dangarang122dangarang122 Posts: 157

    Yea man.. I have a few..

    Pop those Prems for 3 star shards; then pop those 3 stars for 4 star shards; then pop those 4 stars for 5 star shards, and lastly pop those 5 stars for 6 star shards! Simple!
  • AzKicker316AzKicker316 Posts: 1,717 ★★★★

    Yea man.. I have a few..

    Pop those Prems for 3 star shards; then pop those 3 stars for 4 star shards; then pop those 4 stars for 5 star shards, and lastly pop those 5 stars for 6 star shards! Simple!
    A bit short sighted. Yes, you can get enough to pop 5s, but is it really worth it for him, doesn't look like it. I don't use phc, 3 and 4 shard crystals for shards. I see those as gold and mostly iso when needed. No point in having 1000s of iso in your stash just to expire or sell. I just popped 5 5* and 3 6* crystals and needed to pop 4s for iso to rank them up. Depending on where you are in the game, you don't need to pop those shards crystals all the time.
Sign In or Register to comment.