**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Dr. Doom special 3 passive stun not applying to taskmaster

Description of the Issue: Dr. Doom's Special 3 passive stun does not apply to taskmaster after 10 debuffs have been placed. I assume this is related to taskmasters learn the foe passive. However, that descriptions states it makes taskmaster debuff immune and not stun immune which is a wording issue that Kabam has only recently cleared up. I did not have any concussions on Doom from intuitive pattern recognition and according to the photographic reflexes description my offensive ability accuracy should not have been affected either since taskmaster was just hit by a special. What gives?

Device and Version: Pixel 4 XL
Device Operating System: Android
Mobile Carrier: Verizon
Cellular or WiFi: Cell. Both assumedly.
Game Version Installed: 25.3.0
Game Mode: AQ
Champions Affected: Doom and taskmaster interaction.
Active Boosts: None
Screenshot or Video: None.

Comments

• Mrspider568Mrspider568 Posts: 1,995 ★★★
    edited March 2020
    Kabam stated that dooms passive stun does not work against champs who are immune to it or stun immune nodes hope that clears things
  • WfpkstevezillaWfpkstevezilla Posts: 121 ★★

Kabam stated that dooms passive stun does not work against champs who are immune to it or stun immune nodes hope that clears things

It does not. Kabam specifically said if the wording says 'stun immune' then passive stuns will not work. If the wording says 'debuff immune' then the passive stun will apply. Taskmasters passive called learn the foes says "debuff immune" specifically as I stated in my original post.
  • ThesurvivlistThesurvivlist Posts: 195

It does not. Kabam specifically said if the wording says 'stun immune' then passive stuns will not work. If the wording says 'debuff immune' then the passive stun will apply. Taskmasters passive called learn the foes says "debuff immune" specifically as I stated in my original post.
    Debuff immune includes stun immune as well. What's the problem?
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Taskmaster has offensive aar, which would give the stun a chance to fail

Debuff immune includes stun immune as well. What's the problem?
    It does not, a stun can come in 2 forms. Stun debuffs(from parry) and passive stuns(from wasp heavy chain and dr doom heavy). Taskmaster ability gives him debuff immune, which only prevents the first form of stun(stun debuffs) and will in no way interfere with passive stuns which dr doom sp3 inflicts.
    Yes, thank you. Someone who understands my question. Hopefully Kabam sees this.
    TM has Offensive Ability Accuracy reduction based on how many unique attacks are thrown (i.e specials, light, medium, heavy; also can't remember who has to throw it rn). Thats probably why his passive stun didn't trigger.
    That AAR is reset when you use a special. Otherwise I would have considered it.
  • Hey there, do you happen to have any footage of this or would you be able to tell us what nodes were active for that fight?

Hey there, do you happen to have any footage of this or would you be able to tell us what nodes were active for that fight?

I do not have footage but I could try to recreate it in a duel perhaps. The fight happened in map 6 AQ node 43 which has local node +100% health and true strike. Global nodes were active as well as the Hurt Locker modifier.
  • BurroBurro Posts: 82
    I would think it’s Taskmaster’s AAR that’s causing this, but if it’s reset after using a special then Doom’s sp3 should still stun him. Maybe the fix to skill champs AAR in abyss is some how affecting it?
    @Kabam Zibiit I could not recreate it in a duel but it just happened again in AQ. I wish I had thought to record it.
  • andrade5184andrade5184 Posts: 285 ★★
    this bs just happened to me in aw my unduped doom vs duped stun immune aw doom boss. i watch videos before bringing him confirming that he worked against stun immune and that one cost me a needed attack bonus. please confirm if this is a bug or meant to be.
  • OkaythenOkaythen Posts: 590 ★★★

this bs just happened to me in aw my unduped doom vs duped stun immune aw doom boss. i watch videos before bringing him confirming that he worked against stun immune and that one cost me a needed attack bonus. please confirm if this is a bug or meant to be.

That’s a different issue that has been resolved
    You would have known if you read the thread

You couldn't stun a stun-immune opponent??? Go figure.
    passive implies that it is not able to be by passed by immunity go figure
    in that case why call it passive just say its a plain ole stun
  • EdeuinkEdeuink Posts: 1,263 ★★★★

You couldn't stun a stun-immune opponent??? Go figure.
    passive implies that it is not able to be by passed by immunity go figure
    They recently fixed that. You can still passive stun a debuff immune node. However, stun Immune champions are immune to all stun effects. Ask yourself: Should Dr Doom take damage from passive shocks applied by emp modification? Should night crawler apply passive bleed to ghost rider?