**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

I was not expecting this

DonrefreDonrefre Posts: 124 ★★
I just logged into the game and there was an unexpected gift for me

Now I now it's free stuff and it's not good to complain about it
But what am I supposed to do with a supreme crystal? 😂
I'm cavalier and I certainly don't need that 3 star symbiote spidey that I pulled from it
Did anyone get this kind of gift too?
Just curious to know

Comments

• Giodood_1Giodood_1 Posts: 388 ★★★
    i did too
  • VendemiaireVendemiaire Posts: 2,178 ★★★★★
    I thought Uncollected/Cavalier got better crystals but I guess we all got the same. Lol.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,980 ★★★★★
    _ASDF_ said:

I got it too. “Special” implies something of value. Would’ve been “special” if it was something not RNG based. 3* AV.... yay...

I'm sorry, show me where special implies value. I'd really like to see the source of that info.
  • Hector_1475Hector_1475 Posts: 1,780 ★★★★★
    Hey, I don't mind the extra ISO and 5* shards from my 4* pull... A welcome surprise from Kabam.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,980 ★★★★★
    _ASDF_ said:

_ASDF_ said:

I got it too. “Special” implies something of value. Would’ve been “special” if it was something not RNG based. 3* AV.... yay...

I'm sorry, show me where special implies value. I'd really like to see the source of that info.
    How about you take a box full of shredded paper m, or anything of zero value, to a friends house. Give it to them. And say hey, I like you, this is a special gift for you and look at the expression on their face. I’m sure it’ll be one of joy, based on the “special” value your useless gift offers. 👍 gift implies value. As does the word special. It’s how words works.
    Still doesn't explain how you equate special to value.
  • hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,106 ★★★★★
    Maybe he's just trying to offer us something so we show him a little mercy when we face him:) Or, these were supposed to be progression based but weren't:) Not sure, but looking forward to asking him in person soon when we meet on the combat stage! :P
  • hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,106 ★★★★★
    Absolutely, in all seriousness, there's really no reason for anyone to get upset over it. Do I think more things in this game should be progression based out of fairness to all players and that newer players got a lot more value from the gift than experienced players did? Sure. However at the end of the day, it's not a big deal, it is a gift after all. Congrats to the newer players for whom it was helpful. I'm just looking forward to fighting the Grandmaster for the first time in the contest. I'm probably going to lose my team in a spectacular display of power, but it's going to be Awesome! Excited for the new content!
  • Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    It’s free stuff. Free iso, free gold and maybe just maybe a champ you may not have? And some people want to “catch them all” so really this is cool. It’s free.
  • Vdh2008Vdh2008 Posts: 966 ★★★★
    Just bad timing....

AW Season basically screwed for hundreds of alliances...

Namor/ Cull issues that that look REALLY bad considering the time it took to get done...

Here's a 80% 3 star crystal.

Now I KNOW that this is not supposed to be related, but as a community liaison, you have to think about the mindset of the community when you see responses like this.

• _ASDF_ said:

@Kabam Vydious 😘 all good and didn’t really sound aggressive. I responded without any snark and more in context. I appreciate that you all are reading through our comments, even if we’re not always agreeing.

:heart::heart: We got you.
  • H_I_ZH_I_Z Posts: 496 ★★
    This happened to one of my friends, he got a four star crystal after deciding to join the game again. He pulled four star AEgon
  • Vdh2008 said:

Just bad timing....

AW Season basically screwed for hundreds of alliances...

Namor/ Cull issues that that look REALLY bad considering the time it took to get done...

Here's a 80% 3 star crystal.

Now I KNOW that this is not supposed to be related, but as a community liaison, you have to think about the mindset of the community when you see responses like this.

Timing with things like this can always be a tricky situation, but I totally get what you're saying. It doesn't bode well in certain situations so the frustration is understandable.

As for the last bit, it's important to remember too that there's more than just the few responding/writing here. Things get said all over the place about certain in-game offers or events and though you may not see it, we do. So we have to speak for everyone in regards to it and at times that can come across very one sided/bias and for that I do fully apologize. Again, every bit of feedback is 100% appreciated.
  • Moot4LifeMoot4Life Posts: 2,132 ★★★★
    How did you even get this? Did you not log in after a long time or something?
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    I didn't get this? How was it decided who got it and who didn't?
  • Tjk602Tjk602 Posts: 85
    Honestly tho it’s insulting to get this gift if you are a top level player and 100% abyss. This has 0 value. It pissed me off to get this versus getting nothing. It’s like someone giving you a left over half eaten burger. No thanks.
  • TyDollarSignTyDollarSign Posts: 227 ★★
    It seems to me this was maybe a gift to those who haven't played or logged in for a bit? I get the business/marketing strategy, re-engage those who have fallen off to potentially get some revenue from them, makes total sense. I just think it would also be a nice strategy to also engage those dedicated players who continue to invest time and/or money into this game with an alternate gift as well. I could be alone in this, and I'm not saying I want a hero crystal or anything crazy, but maybe a couple of energy refills or revives would be awesome and would go a long way. It just leaves a sour taste when you see a large group of the player base get rewarded for doing nothing, and the other half receive absolutely nothing.

And I get that is partly what the login calendar exists for, rewarding people who login everyday. My problem is that the people who receive these random "free gifts" for not logging in for an extended time can also take advantage of the login calendar and simply choose not to, and in return still get rewarded for it.
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,053 ★★★★★
    I don't really need it, the value means nothing to me. But I didn't get it. It's a little disappointing
  • jacboonjacboon Posts: 39

It seems to me this was maybe a gift to those who haven't played or logged in for a bit? I get the business/marketing strategy, re-engage those who have fallen off to potentially get some revenue from them, makes total sense. I just think it would also be a nice strategy to also engage those dedicated players who continue to invest time and/or money into this game with an alternate gift as well. I could be alone in this, and I'm not saying I want a hero crystal or anything crazy, but maybe a couple of energy refills or revives would be awesome and would go a long way. It just leaves a sour taste when you see a large group of the player base get rewarded for doing nothing, and the other half receive absolutely nothing.

And I get that is partly what the login calendar exists for, rewarding people who login everyday. My problem is that the people who receive these random "free gifts" for not logging in for an extended time can also take advantage of the login calendar and simply choose not to, and in return still get rewarded for it.

I log in every day and I got the crystal. I think it must've been random.
  • spigwenderspigwender Posts: 473 ★★★
    why didn’t we all get one? i don’t really need it, but it’d be nice to have. regardless, it’s a nice gift, despite the fact that people want to be mad about it. it doesn’t negatively effect anyone.