**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Its getting way too hard to dupe 5 star champs

2»

Comments

• Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,660 Guardian
    Rap said:

And the real test is player retention. Based on what i see in war and in my alliance MCOC is losing the interest of players.

There has literally never been a day in the history of the game in which people were not saying that. As far as I can tell looking at actual statistics rather than just polling the people in my immediate neighborhood, there's no evidence for this.

Global numbers that are actually visible to the players across the entire game that escape everyone's nearby bubble would be things like global AQ participation, global AW participation, and arena participation. It is possible to estimate how many alliances participate in alliance war during the season by looking at brackets, and at least as of the last time I looked I did not see a noticable trend downward. AQ participation is more tricky to examine, but based on testing I've done I don't see obvious signs of a drop off there either. And if anything, arena numbers show *higher* participation over time rather than lower participation. We can also look at estimated total revenue numbers for the game based on Netmarble's financial statements, and they also do not show an obvious decline in revenue. Taken as a whole, within the margins for error all the data shows the game has a comparable number of engaged players now as it did say a year or two ago. If there is a downward or upward trend, it would have to be small enough to not show up in these numbers.

Of course the game constantly loses players, and existing players tend to notice when other current players leave. But that always happens, and they are replaced by new players. The game has never actually had super high retention in absolute terms, although it seems to have pretty good retention in relative terms - relative to what you would expect in a free to play game that focuses on engagement rather than pure retention (which is something subscription games focus on more).