**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

R5 Colossus or Sunspot?

Caino1023Caino1023 Posts: 309 ★★
edited March 2020 in Strategy and Tips
I have some mutant rank up gems, including a Rank 4-5 gem that I've been sitting on, and recently pulled both Colossus and Sunspot.
Neither are duped, and both are rank 1, and I was wondering which I should push to R5, or if I should wait for another champ (I have a R5 Omega Red and Domino already)

I should say I'm Cavalier, but haven't done 6.2+ yet, or AoL.
My top champs are Ghost, Corvus, Domino, OR, and Doom, all R5. Looking for my next R5 to be someone to compliment that lineup.

R5 Colossus or Sunspot? 28 votes

Sunspot
46%
AjisdopehydrogohardBrokengauravtheslayerCiciliato_KingIlagan23DomoSlomoStevieManWonderGodfatherspieKevo9513YENANSASHESfempfBar1000 13 votes
Colossus
46%
NEO_mr_AndersonLibertyPrimeV1Scopeotoe987DavytrainThicco_ModeBenQcSlayerDas_giSGT_M9RouROuAouxWouxKoRRCowabungaMr_Nobody_ 13 votes
Other (please specify)
7%
SquirrelguySpiderGirlMaya 2 votes

Comments

• Options
    fempffempf Posts: 9
    Sunspot
    colossus if you have the full synergy team with omega red
  • Options
    NEO_mr_AndersonNEO_mr_Anderson Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    Colossus
    Because you have OR.
  • Options
    AouxWouxAouxWoux Posts: 426 ★★★
    Colossus
    You really need a tank.
  • Options
    SquirrelguySquirrelguy Posts: 2,635 ★★★★★
    Other (please specify)
    Depends on if you want to run suicides, which would be a huge boost with your OR, Ghost, Corvus, etc. If suicides, rank up Colossus. If no suicides, rank up Sunspot. Sunspot really needs to use a lot of special attacks so you're sacrificing a lot of health.
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    yea - I do run suicides.
    I also have a R2 6* Human Torch, and a R5 Warlock.

Are both Sunspot and Human Torch necessary? or do they both serve similar purposes.
    The Colossus Omega Red synergy seems pretty good too.
    Not sure what to do still. Seems pretty split.

My next task will be to do 6.2 through 6.4, as well as 100% completing Variant 2, and Abyss.
  • Options
    AouxWoux said:

You really need a tank.

For what situations?
  • Options
    StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    Sunspot
    @Caino1023 As you get further into Act 6, the block damage just gets higher and higher, so having someone who can tank blocked hits is essential. Both Colossus and Sunspot can do this, but I would go for Sunspot over Colossus for three reasons. 1. His blocks are perfect blocks. 2. His power gain. 3. His prestige is great.
  • Options
    BenQcSlayerBenQcSlayer Posts: 867 ★★★
    Colossus
    I am going to go With colossus on that one, if you can complete the Colossus Synergy with Domino, Omegared, Juggernault, and EmmaFrost. You can replace Juggy by GoldPool...

Then again, Sunspot, is a big damage hitter as I saw for Vid on you tube...

Your choice!!!