**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Hidden MoleMan Fights - Week 2

So on Week 2 Quests, noticed earlier on lower section there were extra MoleMan drops on paths (but didn’t keep track then)
Tonight finished off upper 6 paths and paid attention to the extra Drops, and have a theory ...

Upper-Left, both times had him Drop before last split pair of paths.
Upper-Center, only first time had him Drop, was at first center split, even tested reran couple more times and no more Drops then either (just very 1st Center run).
Upper-Right, did NOT get him to drop either time.

SO THEORY IS...
Maybe designed to give exactly 6 extra MoleMan Drops out of 12 “new” paths.
Always UL, never UR, and just 1st of 2 runs in C.

And thinking Bottom 6 paths would be similar (one side always a Drop, other side never a Drop, and Lower Center just 1st time of the 2 there).
Tested Lower Center couple extra runs and did NOT see any more Drops, so (like Upper) that might be the 1st-time only section.

Anyone else pay attention to when you had him Drop ??

Comments

• The first week I had him come maybe twice but only in the lower difficulties. This week I only did epic and I think he came 3 time? Once upper path twice bottom
  • 10or_Strong10or_Strong Posts: 1,195 ★★★
    I had him a number of times in the Epic difficulty on my main account (I think maybe 4 or 6 times total?), and not a single time in Master on my second one.
  • Wubbie075Wubbie075 Posts: 734 ★★★
    I think I got him every single path in Master.
  • DjinDjin Posts: 1,962 ★★★★★
    Why does it matter so much?
    He's easy to defeat.
  • jgrazjgraz Posts: 82
    in two weeks I have yet to fight an extra moleman in Epic. I have had him a number of times in master and never in heroic.
  • jgrazjgraz Posts: 82
    Djin said:

He's easy to defeat.

yep
    This
  • Skillful_starSkillful_star Posts: 756 ★★★

So on Week 2 Quests, noticed earlier on lower section there were extra MoleMan drops on paths (but didn’t keep track then)
    Tonight finished off upper 6 paths and paid attention to the extra Drops, and have a theory ...

Upper-Left, both times had him Drop before last split pair of paths.
    Upper-Center, only first time had him Drop, was at first center split, even tested reran couple more times and no more Drops then either (just very 1st Center run).
    Upper-Right, did NOT get him to drop either time.

SO THEORY IS...
    Maybe designed to give exactly 6 extra MoleMan Drops out of 12 “new” paths.
    Always UL, never UR, and just 1st of 2 runs in C.

And thinking Bottom 6 paths would be similar (one side always a Drop, other side never a Drop, and Lower Center just 1st time of the 2 there).
    Tested Lower Center couple extra runs and did NOT see any more Drops, so (like Upper) that might be the 1st-time only section.

Anyone else pay attention to when you had him Drop ??

Actually he dropped only once on the left side side for me and once on the right side of the upper division,everything else I had the same experience as you.
    Djin said:

He's easy to defeat.

Yeah but you're not expecting him the first time...
  • SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 10,608 Guardian
    edited March 2020
    Ok, seems totally Random then. Thanks everyone. (had just seemed fixed in the limited extra runs I did, but was a small sample size).

Only matters out of curiosity, and for knowing whether you would have to run ALL paths before reaching OBJECTIVES or not. Especially with 12 times needed this week, and will be going to 16 needed in weeks 3/4.

Not a matter of whether you can beat him, just a matter of Time Needed.
  • Can confirm that it is totally Random! The fact you got him that many times is pretty rare though!