Loki should be immune to cold snap

Why isn’t Loki immune to Cold snap? He’s the son of Laufey the king of the Frost giants. He uses the cold cube & its powers to trap Heimdal in ice, so why is he not immune to cold snap?

Comments

  • Whododo872Whododo872 Posts: 1,026 ★★★
    For game balance reasons, mostly. Although, coldsnap is so incredibly niche that I don’t understand why he can’t be at least resistant. It’d be nice, but I wouldn’t bank on it
  • PsyLifePsyLife Posts: 296
    When he was created, cold snap wasn’t a debuff. They didn’t bother updating it. I think same with ghost rider and incinerate.
  • GinjabredMonstaGinjabredMonsta Posts: 1,230 ★★★
    Haven't seen this one in awhile
  • NeotwismNeotwism Posts: 1,488 ★★★★
    The game isn't the same as the comics and movies. It's as simple as that. Many champs would be overpowered if they had all their comic and movie abilities. This is just like the ghost rider threads that pop up all the time about incinerate immunity.
  • mdsubmdsub Posts: 154
    Neotwism said:

    The game isn't the same as the comics and movies. It's as simple as that. Many champs would be overpowered if they had all their comic and movie abilities. This is just like the ghost rider threads that pop up all the time about incinerate immunity.

    So what’s the inspiration for the character design then if it isn’t either the movie or the comics? That’s just a bs comment that lacks truth, There are numerous champions that were taken directly from the movies or shows, Thor Ragnarock, Hulk Ragnarock, Stark spidey, Quake, Heimdall, Corvus, Korg, Cull, Capt IW, Nebula, Ghost, Vulture, Ironman IW, Ebony Maw.......shall I continue? My point is all of these champions are pretty close models to their base content, shouldn’t there be some consistency? I get it’s easier to just accept an excuse but your dismissal of my point does not make it invalid
  • GinjabredMonstaGinjabredMonsta Posts: 1,230 ★★★
    mdsub said:

    Neotwism said:

    The game isn't the same as the comics and movies. It's as simple as that. Many champs would be overpowered if they had all their comic and movie abilities. This is just like the ghost rider threads that pop up all the time about incinerate immunity.

    So what’s the inspiration for the character design then if it isn’t either the movie or the comics? That’s just a bs comment that lacks truth, There are numerous champions that were taken directly from the movies or shows, Thor Ragnarock, Hulk Ragnarock, Stark spidey, Quake, Heimdall, Corvus, Korg, Cull, Capt IW, Nebula, Ghost, Vulture, Ironman IW, Ebony Maw.......shall I continue? My point is all of these champions are pretty close models to their base content, shouldn’t there be some consistency? I get it’s easier to just accept an excuse but your dismissal of my point does not make it invalid
    Neo is right. The models may be from comics or movies, but this is an different universe separate from them. Their abilities aren't going to be exactly as they should be or how we think they should be. This discussion gets brought up a lot
  • mdsubmdsub Posts: 154
    So when they take Mcu Black Panther & design his armor so it reflects damage just like in the movies & do the same with numerous other characters. Is it wrong to want some consistency? Loki’s specials were obviously inspired directly from the mcu, go look at them & his use of illusions, but your saying that’s not the inspiration for the design.

    It’s a change that should be made. The fact is there was no cold snap rebuff when Loki was released, that’s a valid argument that one person above, it still doesn’t explain why he shouldn’t be updated to reflect this power, but I guess you’re against fixing underperforming champions with design flaws just because? It was likely something that was overlooked when they added Iceman & coldsnap to the game. I think it should be remedied & yes I feel the same way about Ghost rider with incinerate.
  • NeotwismNeotwism Posts: 1,488 ★★★★
    edited March 25
    mdsub said:

    Neotwism said:

    The game isn't the same as the comics and movies. It's as simple as that. Many champs would be overpowered if they had all their comic and movie abilities. This is just like the ghost rider threads that pop up all the time about incinerate immunity.

    So what’s the inspiration for the character design then if it isn’t either the movie or the comics? That’s just a bs comment that lacks truth, There are numerous champions that were taken directly from the movies or shows, Thor Ragnarock, Hulk Ragnarock, Stark spidey, Quake, Heimdall, Corvus, Korg, Cull, Capt IW, Nebula, Ghost, Vulture, Ironman IW, Ebony Maw.......shall I continue? My point is all of these champions are pretty close models to their base content, shouldn’t there be some consistency? I get it’s easier to just accept an excuse but your dismissal of my point does not make it invalid
    I can also make the same argument right back at you. In the movies scarlet witch isn't a mutant, Nick fury is white, ghost is male, deadpool has his mouth sewn shut and all the xmen abilities. Shouldnt their be some consistency to the source material they are based off of? Or are the movies separate from the comic universe just as the game is different to allow then all to tell their own stories
  • PsyLifePsyLife Posts: 296
    Since when was Samuel Jackson white? If you want to make a point, at least use facts.
  • NeotwismNeotwism Posts: 1,488 ★★★★
    PsyLife said:

    Since when was Samuel Jackson white? If you want to make a point, at least use facts.

    Nick fury is white in the comics.
  • Caino1023Caino1023 Posts: 255 ★★
    mdsub said:

    Why isn’t Loki immune to Cold snap? He’s the son of Laufey the king of the Frost giants. He uses the cold cube & its powers to trap Heimdal in ice, so why is he not immune to cold snap?

    Because that's peeling back too many layers.
    Not everything needs to be 110% accurate from the comics. There are some waaaaaaaay more obvious flaws between the games and the comics and somehow I sleep at night.
    Just enjoy it man.
  • mdsubmdsub Posts: 154
    edited March 26
    Neotwism said:

    mdsub said:

    Neotwism said:

    The game isn't the same as the comics and movies. It's as simple as that. Many champs would be overpowered if they had all their comic and movie abilities. This is just like the ghost rider threads that pop up all the time about incinerate immunity.

    So what’s the inspiration for the character design then if it isn’t either the movie or the comics? That’s just a bs comment that lacks truth, There are numerous champions that were taken directly from the movies or shows, Thor Ragnarock, Hulk Ragnarock, Stark spidey, Quake, Heimdall, Corvus, Korg, Cull, Capt IW, Nebula, Ghost, Vulture, Ironman IW, Ebony Maw.......shall I continue? My point is all of these champions are pretty close models to their base content, shouldn’t there be some consistency? I get it’s easier to just accept an excuse but your dismissal of my point does not make it invalid
    I can also make the same argument right back at you. In the movies scarlet witch isn't a mutant, Nick fury is white, ghost is male, deadpool has his mouth sewn shut and all the xmen abilities. Shouldnt their be some consistency to the source material they are based off of? Or are the movies separate from the comic universe just as the game is different to allow then all to tell their own stories
    There was no MCU when Deadpool had his mouth sewn shut & that movie along with the Deadpool movies were not made by Marvel or part of the MCU. You talk about Ghost being Male but the release of Ghost & the model for Ghost wasn’t based on the comics it coincided with the Antman & tha Wasp movie on which it was based. It’s quite obvious your not very knowledgeable on the source material that Avengers MCU was based on, in the Ultimates Nick Fury looks just like Samuel Jackson so in both that comic series & the MCU he wasn’t white. In this game Scarlet Witch isn’t mutant she’s mystic & based on the MCU character ...you’re really not able to make a valid point. Many of these champions releases are timed to coincide with their movie release & modeled after those MCU versions of the character that’s a fact you can’t refute.

    Your point is? It is the way it is accept it? I merely pointed out a fixable inconsistency I noticed while rewatching the MCU movies when Loki is grabbed & not harmed by the frost giants. My point was valid yours not so much
  • prrrmiauprrrmiau Posts: 6
    mdsub said:

    Neotwism said:

    mdsub said:

    Neotwism said:

    The game isn't the same as the comics and movies. It's as simple as that. Many champs would be overpowered if they had all their comic and movie abilities. This is just like the ghost rider threads that pop up all the time about incinerate immunity.

    So what’s the inspiration for the character design then if it isn’t either the movie or the comics? That’s just a bs comment that lacks truth, There are numerous champions that were taken directly from the movies or shows, Thor Ragnarock, Hulk Ragnarock, Stark spidey, Quake, Heimdall, Corvus, Korg, Cull, Capt IW, Nebula, Ghost, Vulture, Ironman IW, Ebony Maw.......shall I continue? My point is all of these champions are pretty close models to their base content, shouldn’t there be some consistency? I get it’s easier to just accept an excuse but your dismissal of my point does not make it invalid
    I can also make the same argument right back at you. In the movies scarlet witch isn't a mutant, Nick fury is white, ghost is male, deadpool has his mouth sewn shut and all the xmen abilities. Shouldnt their be some consistency to the source material they are based off of? Or are the movies separate from the comic universe just as the game is different to allow then all to tell their own stories
    There was no MCU when Deadpool had his mouth sewn shut & that movie along with the Deadpool movies were not made by Marvel or part of the MCU. You talk about Ghost being Male but the release of Ghost & the model for Ghost wasn’t based on the comics it coincided with the Antman & tha Wasp movie on which it was based. It’s quite obvious your not very knowledgeable on the source material that Avengers MCU was based on, in the Ultimates Nick Fury looks just like Samuel Jackson so in both that comic series & the MCU he wasn’t white. In this game Scarlet Witch isn’t mutant she’s mystic & based on the MCU character ...you’re really not able to make a valid point. Many of these champions releases are timed to coincide with their movie release & modeled after those MCU versions of the character that’s a fact you can’t refute.

    Your point is? It is the way it is accept it? I merely pointed out a fixable inconsistency I noticed while rewatching the MCU movies when Loki is grabbed & not harmed by the frost giants. My point was valid yours not so much
    Solamente disfruten el juego y dejen de matarse por sus rollos de cine o cómics.
  • NeotwismNeotwism Posts: 1,488 ★★★★
    mdsub said:

    Neotwism said:

    mdsub said:

    Neotwism said:

    The game isn't the same as the comics and movies. It's as simple as that. Many champs would be overpowered if they had all their comic and movie abilities. This is just like the ghost rider threads that pop up all the time about incinerate immunity.

    So what’s the inspiration for the character design then if it isn’t either the movie or the comics? That’s just a bs comment that lacks truth, There are numerous champions that were taken directly from the movies or shows, Thor Ragnarock, Hulk Ragnarock, Stark spidey, Quake, Heimdall, Corvus, Korg, Cull, Capt IW, Nebula, Ghost, Vulture, Ironman IW, Ebony Maw.......shall I continue? My point is all of these champions are pretty close models to their base content, shouldn’t there be some consistency? I get it’s easier to just accept an excuse but your dismissal of my point does not make it invalid
    I can also make the same argument right back at you. In the movies scarlet witch isn't a mutant, Nick fury is white, ghost is male, deadpool has his mouth sewn shut and all the xmen abilities. Shouldnt their be some consistency to the source material they are based off of? Or are the movies separate from the comic universe just as the game is different to allow then all to tell their own stories
    There was no MCU when Deadpool had his mouth sewn shut & that movie along with the Deadpool movies were not made by Marvel or part of the MCU. You talk about Ghost being Male but the release of Ghost & the model for Ghost wasn’t based on the comics it coincided with the Antman & tha Wasp movie on which it was based. It’s quite obvious your not very knowledgeable on the source material that Avengers MCU was based on, in the Ultimates Nick Fury looks just like Samuel Jackson so in both that comic series & the MCU he wasn’t white. In this game Scarlet Witch isn’t mutant she’s mystic & based on the MCU character ...you’re really not able to make a valid point. Many of these champions releases are timed to coincide with their movie release & modeled after those MCU versions of the character that’s a fact you can’t refute.

    Your point is? It is the way it is accept it? I merely pointed out a fixable inconsistency I noticed while rewatching the MCU movies when Loki is grabbed & not harmed by the frost giants. My point was valid yours not so much
    Now you are just trying to argue. The original comics version of ghost is a male character. If the MCU stayed consistent to the source material ghost should be a male character. As far as Nick Fury, once again, the Original character in the comics is white. Yes, the Ultimates had a different version but he wasn't the original like I said in my post. The original Ultimates version also didn't look a thing like Samuel Jackson.


    My point is the movies didn't follow the original versions of these characters. They changed them to tell their own story which makes the MCU unique. The game has it's own versions based on their own universe and designs. Yes, some are similar to MCU characters but they are still loose adaptations. Every single one is missing some powers and abilities they had in the movies.
Sign In or Register to comment.