**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Flow global node in War [Merged Threads]

Comments

• Options
    SeraphionSeraphion Posts: 1,496 ★★★★

LeovaM said:

Hey all,

Just wanted to drop in to remind you all to please remember to remain civil in your conversations.

I will be passing this feedback on to the team for discussion.

If you think that you have discovered a Bug/Issue with the Node, please post a separate thread in the Bug Section.

In the description of Flow node, it says that Power Gains passives can be countered by stunning the opponents.
    Is it a bug, that you simply cannot counter that on Stun/Debuff Immune nodes?
    That is not a bug. If you can't stun them, you can't stun them, you can't Counter it.

Oh yes, it's not a bug, it's just ****. I don't know how you guys decided to create this node, nobody even objected? This is ridiculous, please try it yourself and see how stupid it is.

I'm playing P2 AW most of the time, about 90% chance, players just give up, either us or the opponent, it's just too difficult and too expensive to play, it's not funny at all, it's nothing but pain. is this really you want? Is it really intended?

you guys created almost 200 characters, now either you play Quake, Magik, Void, or you die, then why do you even bother to design those characters?
    Tiers 1-5 shouldn't be full of 200 options, really. Is the Node too much? Perhaps. As far as using all options, I'd be concerned if that was the case at that point in the Tier system. It's supposed to get harder and less doable.
    Come on man. You have no idea about this node. @AnotherPool is right.
    I have never seen so many alliances not being able to clear the map and die +150 times. I play T2.
  • Options
    samalasravansamalasravan Posts: 163
    No fun at all have to use full boosts and revives and health portions ,now completely out of stock for 5 wars, plz kabam change this do some improvements
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    Seraphion said:

LeovaM said:

Hey all,

Just wanted to drop in to remind you all to please remember to remain civil in your conversations.

If you think that you have discovered a Bug/Issue with the Node, please post a separate thread in the Bug Section.

In the description of Flow node, it says that Power Gains passives can be countered by stunning the opponents.
    That is not a bug. If you can't stun them, you can't stun them, you can't Counter it.

Oh yes, it's not a bug, it's just ****. I don't know how you guys decided to create this node, nobody even objected? This is ridiculous, please try it yourself and see how stupid it is.

I'm playing P2 AW most of the time, about 90% chance, players just give up, either us or the opponent, it's just too difficult and too expensive to play, it's not funny at all, it's nothing but pain. is this really you want? Is it really intended?

you guys created almost 200 characters, now either you play Quake, Magik, Void, or you die, then why do you even bother to design those characters?
    Tiers 1-5 shouldn't be full of 200 options, really. Is the Node too much? Perhaps. As far as using all options, I'd be concerned if that was the case at that point in the Tier system. It's supposed to get harder and less doable.
    I have never seen so many alliances not being able to clear the map and die +150 times. I play T2.
    I didn't say there wasn't an issue with the Node. I said expecting to use all 200 Champs that high up is not realistic. There are supposed to be limited options.
  • Options
    danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,045 ★★★★★

Seraphion said:

LeovaM said:

Hey all,

I didn't say there wasn't an issue with the Node. I said expecting to use all 200 Champs that high up is not realistic. There are supposed to be limited options.
    War is and always has been my favorite part of the game, but flow really is too much. I have a rank 3 6* ghost, she sits on the bench cause she's useless. Most wars i bring my rank 3 6* corvus (COMPLETELY useless w/o gray boosts, only useable with a PS1 or invuln) and i bring void with og cap because that way void can fight IMIW. Last war, node 3 had a rogue, i got destroyed. Node 19 was an OGV, who i fought with a boosted, PS1, rank 3 corvus WITH a charge and only soloed by some miracle. It really is out of hand at this point, even for me.
  • Options
    SavageSavage Posts: 621 ★★★
    My alliance just won our recent war and moved up to tier 5. Send me my condolences. :/
  • Options
    KnightZeroKnightZero Posts: 1,416 ★★★★★
    Had a great fight last war vs Sinister on Counter Tactics. 3 hits, 3 crits and he went to L3 without throwing special. Tried again, first 2 hits, 2 crits and just stood there for over a minute waiting for him to throw his special. Fun node isn't it?
  • Options
    HavanaknightHavanaknight Posts: 453 ★★★

My alliance just won our recent war and moved up to tier 5. Send me my condolences. :/

Hey mine too! So I’ve been reading up like crazy.

Question to the group: is Hyperion a viable option against the non-mystic control champs? Dance around, don’t lay a bunch of hits and just keep spamming s3?
  • Options
    WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★

Hey mine too! So I’ve been reading up like crazy.

Question to the group: is Hyperion a viable option against the non-mystic control champs? Dance around, don’t lay a bunch of hits and just keep spamming s3?
    You won’t finish the fight in 3 minutes if you do that. He’s still good in war, you just can’t take your time like you can in quests.
  • Options
    DJMNHDJMNH Posts: 720 ★★★
    Is it just us, or others are also facing issue with war mismatching, in this crucial phase we are being put against Platinum 4 tier alliance... We managed to give less kills even tough fighting high PI champs 20-40k, but they gave less kills in comparison, which might make us lose and push us behind in war rankings..

Guys please put forward your thoughts, Thanks and Regards..
  • Options
    DJMNHDJMNH Posts: 720 ★★★
    edited April 2020
    xNig said:

My thoughts: Nothing wrong.

Everyone wants an easier war though, but someone has to face a tougher one.

Not disagreeing with you sir..Its really good to get into a fight against tougher alliance.. It gets to Show us our caliber, iam proud to say we are doing good in the current war, but my point is what if we have weaker defense squad and they clean sweep it with just 10-15 kills in total in 3 Battle Groups...

my issue is with defense and not attack wise..
  • Options
    MoltenheadMoltenhead Posts: 11

@DJMNH
    Check for yourself.. Our Alliance average member rating is 150k opponent average member rating is 1m.. Half of my alliance members don't even have a maxed 4* while opponent is bringing 6* rank 3 champs and ripping through our weak 3* & 4* defence. Tell me if it's fair.
  • Options
    ΝικολοςΝικολος Posts: 8
    This is a fair change that kabam did.
    War rating is the only that should count...or else we will have kenobs with 40mil rating and type kenobs with 20m rating...both in master...
  • Options
    Czar0909Czar0909 Posts: 6
    edited April 2020
    Has anyone tested to see if enervate will work against the flow tactics? If so, psylocke would be a pretty good counter to stun and debuff immune nodes as enervate isn't considered a debuff.
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    ?
  • Options
    Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★
    Czar0909 said:

Has anyone tested to see if enervate will work against the flow tactics? If so, psylocke would be a pretty good counter to stun and debuff immune nodes as enervate isn't considered a debuff.

Enervate only works on defensive power gain...building power by getting hit.

Flow is passive power gain.

Psylocke can apply an enervate, but they will break the enervate and start gaining power as soon as she lands a critical hit.
  • Options
    WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Tayyab82 said:

We are 35mn ally, fighting against 12mn ally. This may look unfair, but War Rating VS War Rating is correct approach, instead of alliance size.

If a 10mn ally can't beat 20 mn, they shouldn't expect themselves to finish above them in the season.

Maybe Kabam should look at categorising alliance based on their size or by number of Cavalier/ UC summoners. Quite like how they have individual offers/ rewards based on summoners growth.

If they do that then you'll just have all the lower guys saying it's not fair that it's impossible for them to get better rewards. If war rating is continues to be the primary match criteria then for a while there will probably be quite a lot of lopsided matches but eventually ratings will settle to where they should be and matches will be more even for everyone again
  • Options

Czar0909 said:

Psylocke can apply an enervate, but they will break the enervate and start gaining power as soon as she lands a critical hit.
    She may still be an option that I haven't heard anyone talk about. Her power lock from her L2 is guaranteed for 6 seconds +3 with Mojo synergy and she gains 34% power if it lands making it pretty easy to chain L2s. Vs Magik which is %85 power lock chance for 9 seconds and power drains 33% power.

• Options
    juniornxjuniornx Posts: 24
    edited April 2020

Ghost, Wasp and Hood
  • Options
    Czar0909 said:

Czar0909 said:

She may still be an option that I haven't heard anyone talk about. Her power lock from her L2 is guaranteed for 6 seconds +3 with Mojo synergy and she gains 34% power if it lands making it pretty easy to chain L2s. Vs Magik which is %85 power lock chance for 9 seconds and power drains 33% power.

That won't work on debuff immune fights, which tend to be the biggest point of contention in this discussion.
  • Options
    MegaSkater67MegaSkater67 Posts: 1,377 ★★★★

Czar0909 said:

Czar0909 said:

That won't work on debuff immune fights, which tend to be the biggest point of contention in this discussion.
    SP1 spam would work. If you bring them below a power bar threshold she gains a bar back instantly, so you can just keep using SP1 and nothing else for the entirety of the fight.
  • Options
    NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,912 ★★★★★
    edited April 2020
    I’m so over this OP node
  • Options
    edited April 2020

Czar0909 said:

Czar0909 said:

SP1 spam would work. If you bring them below a power bar threshold she gains a bar back instantly, so you can just keep using SP1 and nothing else for the entirety of the fight.
    I understand how she works. I'd suggest that you keep in mind that her L1 has 4 hits. It's entirely possible that 3 of them could be critical, which would give 3 stacks of power gain, which would give her 3 bars of power in about 5 seconds. With their power gain going up so rapidly and her L1 having such a long animation, it can be tough to ensure you'll bring them under the power threshold.

L1 drains 25%. Each power bar is just over 33%. That means if their power level is in between the 25% and 33% of max power (or the equivalent on any bar of power) when your last L1 hit strikes, you won't get any power.

Is it possible to use Psylocke? Sure. But she is by no means a hard counter to this node and is quite a bit less reliable than other power control champs in the context of the flow tactic.

We'll set aside her low damage output and the 3 minutes timers for now as well.
  • Options
    To be clear, I really like Psylocke. I think she's a fun champ with a lot of cool applications. I just don't think she's viable for high-level Flow wars.
  • Options
    PirateJonPirateJon Posts: 82
    Does Dooms and wasp passive stun turn off flow power gains. I realize wasp heavy would just add to more. It this a viable counter?
  • Options
    MegaSkater67MegaSkater67 Posts: 1,377 ★★★★

To be clear, I really like Psylocke. I think she's a fun champ with a lot of cool applications. I just don't think she's viable for high-level Flow wars.

I’m bouncing between tiers 3 and 4 at the moment and I have wanted to try her out to see how she handles it, I think she’d be a solid counter but I need my other champs for the path I run sadly. We’re a group of war focused players who want to push for a plat 2-3 level, but we’re not doing that until flow is either gone or changed. It’s really messy in tier 3 and does take away a lot of the enjoyment we get from wars. Personally I thought dodge and siphon were ok, siphon was maybe a little bit too strong but nothing I had major concerns about. Flow with stun immune matchups like warlock are just painful, it’s easily the worst of the defence tactics so far in my opinion.