**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Game down since last night (CN Region)

Hi, I wonder if the game is down for anyone out there or is it just me. Since I don’t see a post about this issue till now, I assume it’s not a common issue for the general community. Usually I can see posts about game crash almost immediately on this forum. But it has been five hours since I see the scheduled maintenance message and it’s still there.
Not sure what’s going on. Hope someone can help. Thx!

Comments

• Options
    RemeliRemeli Posts: 608 ★★★
    Try reinstalling the game maybe?
  • Options
    Andy_1900Andy_1900 Posts: 6
    Experiencing the same issue
  • Options
    BillGrossBillGross Posts: 6
    Just tried reinstalling the game, but it did not work.
  • Options
    In solidarity with China’s national mourning observance taking place Saturday, April 4, we will temporarily shut down Marvel Contest of Champions in China on April 4, 00:00 - 23:59 CST.
  • Options
    DP3030DP3030 Posts: 15
    I’m having similar issue, ever since you pushed your fix I can’t get past this...

• Options
    KittytamerKittytamer Posts: 25
    I too have been affected. I am in an ally that requires 10 people to finish map. I don’t understand why you guys couldn’t tell us early, give us a bit of forewarning so adjustments could have been made. I tried logging on at 4 am (China time) to get my initial moves in for AQ and set my alarm for 8:30 to do same. But only found out about this thru forums??

Please let us know how you plan to rectify this, we missing out on 4 hour crystals, daily crystal, loyalty for helping alliance members, wasted energy for EQ, wasted time trying to grind out for champs in arenas, not to mention putting on extra stress upon alliance mates who aren’t from China.

I am quite upset about this since you guys didn’t even try to reach out to players here before wasting their time..
  • Options
    mydnightmydnight Posts: 671 ★★★

I too have been affected. I am in an ally that requires 10 people to finish map. I don’t understand why you guys couldn’t tell us early, give us a bit of forewarning so adjustments could have been made. I tried logging on at 4 am (China time) to get my initial moves in for AQ and set my alarm for 8:30 to do same. But only found out about this thru forums??

Please let us know how you plan to rectify this, we missing out on 4 hour crystals, daily crystal, loyalty for helping alliance members, wasted energy for EQ, wasted time trying to grind out for champs in arenas, not to mention putting on extra stress upon alliance mates who aren’t from China.

I am quite upset about this since you guys didn’t even try to reach out to players here before wasting their time..

The only option to play is to use a VPN. Barring that, I guess everyone over here is screwed.
  • Options
    GiganteaGigantea Posts: 111
    Last day of AQ, I have 2 accounts and can’t do anything today.
  • Options
    GiganteaGigantea Posts: 111
    Do we get a grace day for Cavalier calendar? If not we gonna missed the T2A.

@Kabam Miike
  • Options
    adknight27adknight27 Posts: 45
    Guys if you can get on your VPN you can log on, it worked for me and isn’t against rules, but good luck keeping the connection.
  • Options
    HarpenerHarpener Posts: 41
    China only announced the 24 hours of no gaming, no online streaming, and no tv shows on the 3rd late at night. There wouldn’t have been enough time to warn players
  • Options
    I'm fairly sure an in-game message or an announcement in the forum's would have been easy to do.
  • Options
    crossshattercrossshatter Posts: 249
    so I will miss 500 five star shards because you guys are celebrating a 3 minutes moment for 24 hours?
  • Options
    https://youtu.be/wSJ8qL9MvUA

Prof Hoff sums it up.
  • Options
    adknight27adknight27 Posts: 45
    So self isolation, no gaming, no TV as I can’t watch Chinese news... guess I’ll be doing those squats all day
  • Options
    TelmaraelTelmarael Posts: 40
    How do I get the refund on my daily cards for that? I’m literally missing out on something I payed money for. Besides, my alliance members have literally no idea why I’m missing from aw and aq.
  • Options
    KittytamerKittytamer Posts: 25
    edited April 2020
    I have a vpn router at home and still cannot get on. Now I have to stay up until past midnight to ensure I help my ally finish last day of AQ and place for off season war.

On the front lines though, I don’t think service providers got the memo as I am hearing the sounds of my neighbor’s tv thru the walls. I have been pretty tuned into the ongoings but this is the first I heard abt the government mandate. Again, a simple in game message prior to forced lockout instead of the dubious “game down for maintenance” would be more professional.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,660 Guardian

so I will miss 500 five star shards because you guys are celebrating a 3 minutes moment for 24 hours?

It seems to be more than that. At least from what I can gather from news sources, the Chinese government took steps to cancel all “public entertainment” for that day, including things like entertainment television programming. Mobile game operators in China were also temporarily shutting down their servers, according to some news reports.

See: https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/chinas-mobile-game-servers-shutter-24-hours-coronavirus-memorial-1288471

• Options
    DNA3000 said:

It seems to be more than that. At least from what I can gather from news sources, the Chinese government took steps to cancel all “public entertainment” for that day, including things like entertainment television programming. Mobile game operators in China were also temporarily shutting down their servers, according to some news reports.

See: https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/chinas-mobile-game-servers-shutter-24-hours-coronavirus-memorial-1288471

All public entertainment has been cancelled for weeks already bc of covid-19. Today is the Chinese traditional Tomb Sweeping day in which most people go to visit their ancestors graves.

As I said before, other mobile games are fine to play. So......
  • Options
    SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 10,640 Guardian
    edited April 2020
    Not sure why Gov't would shutdown all forms of “in-home“ entertainment, if parts of the country are still under quarantine, making people want to go outside where they probably shouldn’t be.
    But sounds like the Gov't wanted these gaming companies included in the shutdown (not just gaming companies deciding for themselves to shutdown).
    (and the 3-minute moment of silence was just one part of it, the rest was dictated to be full 24 hrs)

• Options
    Regardless, I still think people who got totally screwed yesterday deserve some kind of compensation or at least be acknowledged.

This one should not just be swept under the rug.
  • Options
    Again, not all games went down. People deserve to get what they lost. Kabam made the choice.
  • Options
    Kabam LyraKabam Lyra Posts: 2,936 ★★★
    Players affected by the downtime in the region will have received an in-game mail with a gift attached as a thanks for their continued support and understanding.
This discussion has been closed.