**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Hulk Buster definitely will be nerfed

His new mechanic is too crazy even crazier than new version She Hulk before nerf. You can push defenders the whole time to the corner and spam special 2 and heavy. No way Kabam will keep this beta version.

Comments

• Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    It's not a nerf. It's a Beta. Which means they will take the feedback and make adjustments based on that. That's the whole purpose of having these tests. They can and sometimes will change before release.
  • Options
    LeagueOfShadowsLeagueOfShadows Posts: 120

His new mechanic is too crazy even crazier than new version She Hulk before nerf. You can push defenders the whole time to the corner and spam special 2 and heavy. No way Kabam will keep this beta version.

Stop lying, this isn't even possible with his kit.
  • Options
    SeraphionSeraphion Posts: 1,496 ★★★★
    Colossus is still 10x better. No reason to nerf this
  • Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    It wouldn't be a nerf but I hope they release him as is. He's really good.
  • Options
    MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    He looks pretty good but not game breaking. You need Ai to behave to get best results and ideally you need to be able to stun to stack damage output.

Vs Colossus who even in limber can still ramp his damage massively without that stun fury.

I’ll probably R2 mine in the current state because I’ve always loved how he looks and there’s a few Act 6 lives where he looks useful but he is by no means game breaking
  • Options
    Mike192 said:

Seraphion said:

Colossus definitely has more utility and his damage comes from longer rampups but in shorter fights, Hulkbuster is better, bar the immunities. At the same time, colossus cant do AoN fights but Hulkbuster can so thats there as well.

Both are great champs, Colossus is still better utility-wise but I think HB has some sick damage as well.
    Colossus has the reach to close out fights in act 6.2 before they are on SP3 without even using an SP. At the start of the fight he crits for over 20k with the 2nd hit.
    He smashed the lifecycle chapter so hard I was laughing. And Im not even talking about the fastball synergy.
  • Options
    ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
    During beta test, any upward or downward adjustments are possible. Why insist a nerf even before the end of test?
  • Options
    PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,835 ★★★★★
    High chance he’ll get tweaked before being released.

That’s what happened with Colossus and even OML (who were even better in Beta)
  • Options
    Mike192 said:

GagoH said:

I was expecting him to have more defensive capabilities. If Kabam wants to reduce his offensive limit, I hope they replace it with even more defensive capabilities.
    There’s enough bs defenders in the game as it is. Receiving shocks on crits will strongly limit viable counters when he’s at 40k PI

• Options
    Frivolousz21Frivolousz21 Posts: 438 ★★★
    Mauled said:

Mike192 said:

GagoH said:

I was expecting him to have more defensive capabilities. If Kabam wants to reduce his offensive limit, I hope they replace it with even more defensive capabilities.
    There’s enough bs defenders in the game as it is. Receiving shocks on crits will strongly limit viable counters when he’s at 40k PI

Nebula
  • Options
    Mike192 said:

Seraphion said:

Mike192 said:

Seraphion said:

Colossus definitely has more utility and his damage comes from longer rampups but in shorter fights, Hulkbuster is better, bar the immunities. At the same time, colossus cant do AoN fights but Hulkbuster can so thats there as well.

Both are great champs, Colossus is still better utility-wise but I think HB has some sick damage as well.
    Colossus has the reach to close out fights in act 6.2 before they are on SP3 without even using an SP. At the start of the fight he crits for over 20k with the 2nd hit.
    He smashed the lifecycle chapter so hard I was laughing. And Im not even talking about the fastball synergy.
    True, but thats RNG based. If you dont get crits, Colossus doesnt hit hard enough without 15+ armor ups (unless you have the synergies).
    Ofc you can be super unlucky. Just saying most if the times it will work. I mean we talk about act 6 here. Oh and its not that if you bring omega he will just be there only for the synergy.
  • Options
    Mike192 said:

GagoH said:

Who would want that? Haha
  • Options
    @Mike192

So you want that HB is harder to fight bc you can R3 him for war?
    Thats actuly a very selfish wish. Bc everyone has to fight him in quests etc
  • Options
    ThehereticTheheretic Posts: 110
    He's still in Beta, nothing is confirmed and that is why they do beta testing.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,671 Guardian

Sounds like someone watching Youtube videos, and not actually testing the champion.
  • Options

Mauled said:

Mike192 said:

GagoH said:

Nebula
    Well done, you’ve named one counter. A fairly poor one. Probably would have used Corvus personally.

The point remains, however, outside of a very select circle, of which only a couple are viable for high tier AW, when he’s ramped up to 30-40k that shock damage is going to be dirty. Likewise outside of AW he’s going to be a pain but without the time limit it won’t really be such an issue.

It’s a shame you won’t be able to void him though
  • Options
    SpaddictedSpaddicted Posts: 222 ★★

You can't do this at all are you kidding. It's a 3 second power lock, he's no Magik. It's basically useless

Lol useless? He does the rotation twice and ROL Winter Soldier would be dead already. And I said the mechanic, it's pretty much like before-nerfed-She Hulk but stronger and he can do it again anyone.

Let's put it this way. If Kabam release this beta Hulk Buster I will not rank him up because they will definitely nerf him as they did with She Hulk, Cull Obsidian and Namor. It's all written on his face.

• Options
    Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,185 ★★★★★

You can't do this at all are you kidding. It's a 3 second power lock, he's no Magik. It's basically useless

If you do it correctly it completely drains the defender’s power as well. That’s when you spam heavies.
  • Options
    Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,185 ★★★★★
    I am in the Beta, for the first time, and I want to suggest that future betas include a quest with the buffed champ on defense, so we can test how to fight it.
  • Options
    SpaddictedSpaddicted Posts: 222 ★★

I’m confused... How do you nerf something that hasn’t been released yet?

I mean if they release this beta version they will nerf him later. Don't get high hope.
  • Options
    lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Posts: 4,292 ★★★★★
    edited April 2020
    have you seen doom? He can stun and heavy too. How about quake? If played correctly, she grants the opponent no power and does not even have to make any contact whatsoever with the opponent
  • Options

Lol useless? He does the rotation twice and ROL Winter Soldier would be dead already. And I said the mechanic, it's pretty much like before-nerfed-She Hulk but stronger and he can do it again anyone.

Let's put it this way. If Kabam release this beta Hulk Buster I will not rank him up because they will definitely nerf him as they did with She Hulk, Cull Obsidian and Namor. It's all written on his face.

Do you even know why they nerfed shehulk? I dont think so.
    They didnt nerfed her bc she can heavy chain in the corner. She can still do that. Its bc her heavy was so fast you could do MLLL heavy combo and not get hit. So heavy without a parry or SP punish.

She could always do it but they updated her kit so that it actuly made sense to use it (slow debuff).

They found it too strong. So they changed all heavy speeds in the game. This also means some got faster (for ex hyperion) you can now heavy chain with him as well.
    Magik can do it as well. And its actuly very good bc you can powerlock for a long time.

This is not broken or OP. Without it HB would not be that good to be honest.