**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Quake's ability clarification

simolazsimolaz Posts: 418 ★★
Hi everyone,
Even if I am a "senior" player, I still don't have a 5-star Quake. Please, forgive my ignorance, but I'm designing my alliance AW defense, and since I'm running flow, I'm trying to design a map which limits Quake abilities. In order to do that, I need some clarifications about her abilities.
I have alliance mates who successfully play with Quake against debuff immune nodes in war and they report me that Quake always evades the incoming attack while she is charging the heavy. Where can I find this ability in her description?
In fact, her description says that she evades all the incoming attacks while the opponent is suffering a Trauma, which from my knowledge is a debuff. Now, if the opponent is debuff immune, why can she evade incoming attacks while charging the heavy?
My alliance mates say that the against debuff immune opponents, the trauma debuff doesn't pop up, but Quake evades the incoming attack anyway while charging her heavy attack. Have I to assume that the Trauma linked with Quake's evasion is embedded in the passive seismic scale counter?
If so, may we have a better description of her abilities? Because I think that in the way they are actually written they are misleading.

Thank you.

Comments

• Options
    SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,805 ★★★★★
    Well, in her abilities, she will evade all basic attacks against opponents with concussion, but yeah she’ll generally evade all the basic attacks. Some good counters are evade counters like IMIW.
  • Options
    SentryPillowSentryPillow Posts: 307 ★★★
    @Spicyslicer Are you specifically talking about AW? If so, then yeah that list is accurate. If not your list is kind of inaccurate. Quake can easily destroy korg, unblockable, and unstoppable nodes with quake ane shake. Heimdall only gets TS if he throws his l1, so it’s perfectly safe to quake him. Karnak needs the special 1 for TS and PM need certain conditions met to get it. Champs like Hyperion, iceman, and vision aarkus are some of the best quake counters
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    When charging a Heavy, she inflicts Concussion, reducing AAR by 100%, and she is able to Evade Basic Attacks when Concussion is active.
  • Options
    MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,366 ★★★★★
    IMIW is by far the best counter for Quake since she can't evade his medium attacks. Ergo, no "Quake & Bake".
  • Options

IMIW is by far the best counter for Quake since she can't evade his medium attacks. Ergo, no "Quake & Bake".

.....or any Champ immune to Concussion.
  • Options
    Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    edited April 2020

I just quaked thing boss in our aw. And all the minis on one side. You sir. Are mean. I hope I don’t run into your alliance.

Imiw
    Domino
    Kill monger if true strike
    Heimdale if true strike
    Korg
    Mordo sometimes. Power gain
    Karnak one of the few times he’s good
    Proxima

Unblockable and unstoppable and power gain champs.

How did you quake a boss? Do they not have true strike lower down?
    Also the only 3 that stop quake on that list are the first 3, unstoppable and unblockable mean 0 to a good quake player and true strike has to be accessed without any hits or specials you counter her
  • Options
    Dsc0721Dsc0721 Posts: 83
    There have been threads on this before and mods haven’t ever chimed in, if anything were to change it would be her description. Quick note you can’t quake style black widow (og) it agent venom because of aar and evade counter respectively
  • Options
    StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    @GroundedWisdom There are exactly two champs who are concussion immune: AA and Emma Frost
  • Options
    Also quake can take dominos pretty easily with her synergy with black widow
  • Options

@GroundedWisdom There are exactly two champs who are concussion immune: AA and Emma Frost

So there's two options right there. There are others who bypass her Evade. She's on my Attack Team at all times. There's a reason she's a go-to, but certainly not unstoppable.
  • Options
    @StevieManWonder and you can quake them both, which is where the confusion comes in, they need to update her description and threads like this wouldn’t exist,
  • Options
    It’s clearly that she evades all attacks while charging heavy, if they change her description to reflect that there is no more confusion.
  • Options
    AlienatedAlienated Posts: 19
    @simolaz is "senior" kabam CEO
  • Options
    You can manually Evade and keep charging Heavy. That's the same with any Champ. You need a Champ that shrugs off Debuffs or is Stun Immune to counter her efficiently. You'll get some Damage from the Aftershock, but a good Player is a good Player with her.
  • Options
    She auto evades against debuff immune. That shouldn’t happen based on her description. So the description is wrong because it states she only evades when the Opponent is under concussion, or she isn’t working as intended, personally as old as she is I think it’s an issue with her description.
  • Options
    I use my r5 quake to counter debuff immune nodes regularly.
  • Options
    The Evade is a Passive. So as long as the Concussion applies, she will Evade.
  • Options
    StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    @Dsc0721 I know
    @GroundedWisdom Except they aren't counters since she can still evade
  • Options
    Anyone know an Emma DP I can test it?
  • Options
    Also, True Strike might be a good counter.
  • Options
    A l p h aA l p h a Posts: 540 ★★★

Incorrect, theres also mysterio!
  • Options
    ThatGuy214ThatGuy214 Posts: 303 ★★
    The evade passive linked to concussion allow her to evade all attacks regardless of using heavy this ability is most noted after an after shock expires. Quakes heavy evade is a different mechanism.
  • Options
    A l p h a said:

I just realized that. Pulled him recently, still getting to exploring him. Lol.
  • Options
    A l p h aA l p h a Posts: 540 ★★★

A l p h a said:

I just realized that. Pulled him recently, still getting to exploring him. Lol.
    Theres also another... Old man logan after his buff