**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

I don't get it. Why?

Lot of announcements made in the game use PST/PDT. Why?. I don't get it. You do realize that there are players all around the world right kabam? Why not use GMT/ UTD? If you care even littlebit about your playerbase then you would have done this in the first place. We don't need to keep up with your daylight saving ####. For God's sake PLEASE please convert and announce so that we don't need to.

PS: I'm not a new player. Playing this game for years and whenever I see PST/ PDT, I get triggered but this is the first time I'm talking about it. I'm sure many people feel the same!

Comments

• Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    What do you want them to do? Post it in every single time zone?
  • xLunatiXxxLunatiXx Posts: 1,122 ★★★★
    He just said it. International time, GMT/UTD
  • CaptainPollCaptainPoll Posts: 901 ★★★
    And how would that help?
    Players worldeide would still have to convert it
  • vertiGovertiGo Posts: 84
    Because most times are presented around the world as GMT/UTD + or - a figure, not PDT + or - a figure.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,760 ★★★★★
    You can just google it and find what time will be on your region.
  • lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Posts: 4,292 ★★★★★
    xLunatiXx said:

He just said it. International time, GMT/UTD

how many people use GMT? Whenever I see GMT, i look up a conversion in google. Why does kabam have to do something to serve you? I'm going to take a wild guess and say that you have internet access. If you tell me you don't know how to use a computer or don't have internet access, then there's nothing we can do to help you
  • Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    Unless you just downloaded the game a week ago, you should know what time everything starts for you whether it’s during day light savings or not. I’m not in Pacific timezone and still know when everything will begin.

Smh this is why the revolution happened. Selfish
  • Sundance_2099Sundance_2099 Posts: 2,794 ★★★★★
    I'm triggered at everyone calling it UTD when it's UTC.
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    If you aren’t a new player, why is this an issue? The only resets are around midnight for daily catalyst quests, around noon for EQ and loyalty resets (most other stuff as well) and an hour or two after supper for the calendar.

That’s three times to be aware of that only change for daylight saving, if you are even in a part of the world that observes it. Really not that hard.
  • lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Posts: 4,292 ★★★★★

I'm triggered at everyone calling it UTD when it's UTC.

i just realized that people were calling it utd lol
  • BeekeeperBeekeeper Posts: 81
    Lot of people are saying why kabam should change something just for me. Let me make this very clear, many people across the world use Line app to communicate. And everyone knows by how much their local time leads GMT. I'm not telling Kabam to change their workhours to GMT. They can just convert whatever the #### time they use to GMT. So we, thousands of players, don't have to open their browser in middle of the game and google it when the employer who puts out these can simply do this one time.

Lot of negative reaction to this post. I don't know why. Maybe I phrased the post wrong or hey maybe a bunch of MURICAN crybabies. We never know. ;)

This is not an american centric game and hence use GMT. Lot of people who think this is completely fine are bunch of babies who lack some serious self respect. There, I said it. Peace.
  • DshuDshu Posts: 1,503 ★★★★
    Beekeeper said:

Lot of people are saying why kabam should change something just for me. Let me make this very clear, many people across the world use Line app to communicate. And everyone knows by how much their local time leads GMT. I'm not telling Kabam to change their workhours to GMT. They can just convert whatever the #### time they use to GMT. So we, thousands of players, don't have to open their browser in middle of the game and google it when the employer who puts out these can simply do this one time.

Lot of negative reaction to this post. I don't know why. Maybe I phrased the post wrong or hey maybe a bunch of MURICAN crybabies. We never know. ;)

This is not an american centric game and hence use GMT. Lot of people who think this is completely fine are bunch of babies who lack some serious self respect. There, I said it. Peace.

Or maybe it's you? Yes lots of Americans and canadians play this game and they aren't all in the same time zone. This may be news to you since you feel the need to group everyone there together. The company is based out of Vancouver has someone stated. The events always start at the same time as someone else stated. You stated you have been playing for years so this should not be new to you. The announcement with a time is for newer players who may not know this. If having the company use the time zone they are in triggers you maybe consider a game created and based in your time zone. Kids now days are so easily upset by the little things. Sorry time zones are so upsetting. Hope the apology there makes you feel better.
  • PsyLifePsyLife Posts: 399 ★★
    The majority of players in this game are American.
  • TaintmanTaintman Posts: 32
    This is a real thread.., now that everyone's home they have time to really ask for really s***id s***.
  • Using a Time Reference for a certain part of the world that has Daylight Savings built-in (as in the generic PST, US/Canada Pacific coast time, and using the generic PST Pacific and not breaking it out into different PST and PDT daylight identifying varieties), lets you reference a time of day consistently throughout the whole year.

AQ is 12 Noon US/Canada Pacific Time, all year round.
    And your local time is then a consistent difference to this (except during small windows where your Daylight Saving may not line up on the same dates between you and US/Canada, or in small cases where you don’t do any clock changes)

If Kabam specified things as GMT (or the newer terminology UTC) then they would be saying (for example) AQ is 8pm UTC in Winter, but 7pm UTC in Summer (even though it starts at the “same time” all year). So seeing it listed differently in summer/winter would mess more people up than what it would potentially help.

Beekeeper said:

I don't even look at the time of events now because I know when it drops in my time. It's called paying attention.

WOW I didn't know you can predict future and know exactly when emergency maintenance happens.You should teach us some of your divine power.
  • Beekeeper said:

Beekeeper said:

I don't even look at the time of events now because I know when it drops in my time. It's called paying attention.

WOW I didn't know you can predict future and know exactly when emergency maintenance happens.You should teach us some of your divine power.
    No one predicts that nor did I say that. Once again paying attention comes into play. It is emergency maintenance for a reason which means it happens when it needs to happen. If it is general maintenance then it is usually on Tuesdays when the ingame mail says it is.

Calls everyone who disagrees with you crybabies when you're the one throwing a temper tantrum?

I'm just bored dude. Aren't you?

But for real tho, I was just suggesting some "quality of life improvements"
    Unfortunately due to my bad phrasing lot of people got triggered. LOL. Guess this includes you.
  • Beekeeper said:

And everyone knows by “how much” their local time leads GMT.

Actually, most people probably just know what their time difference normally is to “ENGLAND” itself, without worrying what time it is relative to GMT/UTC (even though that is meant to be based in England).
    Just like yourself probably, England changes for Winter/Summer and so during summer they are actually 1 hour different from official GMT/UTC.

If Kabam specified things as GMT (or the newer terminology UTC) then they would be saying (for example) AQ is 8pm UTC in Winter, but 7pm UTC in Summer (even though it starts at the “same time” all year).

Am I missing something or are you? GMT doesn't change. It is your time that changes. If it is 8PM GMT then it is 8PM summer or winter. I might be wrong.

Actually, most people probably just know what their time difference normally is to “ENGLAND” itself, without worrying what time it is relative to GMT/UTC (even though that is meant to be based in England).
    Just like yourself probably, England changes for Winter/Summer and so during summer they are actually 1 hour different from official GMT/UTC.

Actually bro/sis most people know their time difference relative to GMT. If you have been in an multi national alliance which uses LINE app as their main app of communication, then you would know that everyone is requested or required to put their GMT Relative Time in their name itself (For eg. John Doe GMT +7) so that the officers and leader can coordinate easily.
  • H3t3rH3t3r Posts: 2,879 Guardian
    Why would kabam change this after this long. It just doesnt make sense. Just get over it
This discussion has been closed.