**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Unintended Interaction with IMIW and node 23 - AW Tier 5

I just saw some crazy interaction here and seemed like a bug/exploit to me, so let me elaborate:

I'm at AW right now, we're doing Tier 5. My attack team is Corvus, Quake and Claire Voyant, and just attempted IMIW (6* rank 1 not duped) defender at node 23 (he was also nodded from node 22, gaining extra 40% armor strenght) and the node 23 itself has pessimist and agression armor.

When I started the fight all the buffs were at him, and then I parry with to break his armor, all fun and games, but then... He didn't lose any armor!

I got 3 armor breaks, he kept the 3 armor and got another from agression and then he went full invincible mode! I tried to parry again, and again, all I got was a humongous amount of armor broken (11 armor break and he was with 12, 23 armor break and he was with 24), he didnt lose any, when I tried to hit him he was instantly autoblocking me, I got cornered and all went to ****, so... yeah.

I didn't screenshot or film anything cuz I wasn't expecting to do or suffer from crazy stuff.

Second try, I went more agressive in the beginning and managed to parry him on the first hit, before pessimist buff load (it takes 1-2 sec to show up, thank god) and managed to combo him down below 75%, and the fight when normal, he was gaining armor from agression node but armor break was working as intended, so I think that somehow the pessimist node persistent armor buff was preventing all armor from being broken since they all stack.

I don't know if this is intended and our adversary outsmarted me by knowing this and using IMIW who went god mode after 4 armor stacks, but it surely felt like an exploit, i think that since I broke all the armor by Corvus ability all but one armor (the pessimist persistent buff) should be removed from the enemy...!

Thanks for the attention and sorry for the english.

Comments

• HalasterHalaster Posts: 27
    It's Syphon 2 (Villain defenders)... thanks for asking
  • Patchie93Patchie93 Posts: 1,898 ★★★★
    Corvus armor break wont remove aggression armor effects. You have to hit him to do that
    Huh, could be this... if so, without true strike this fight comes down to the RNG of AI agression on the first 4 seconds... IM starts with one armor, gain another from pessimist, so it gives you 4 seconds before he goes full autoblock. If he starts defensively like on my first try, you're pretty much done!

• GamerGamer Posts: 10,170 ★★★★★
    Halaster said:

Huh, could be this... if so, without true strike this fight comes down to the RNG of AI agression on the first 4 seconds... IM starts with one armor, gain another from pessimist, so it gives you 4 seconds before he goes full autoblock. If he starts defensively like on my first try, you're pretty much done!

Or u can just counter he heavy with your own

I did search a bit for before doing this post, but didn't check youtube extensively, and now I saw those:

https://youtu.be/OKn2nVjkkZQ (it's a different node but the same concept applies and verifies what Patchie said)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpQgXRDDs3E (that's the correct way to tackle him)

And bonus video - CMM don't have this issue at all: https://youtu.be/DobS970FnGs

ffs
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,763 ★★★★★
    It was already answered, but I'll try to do it again in other words.

Corvus ability doesn't work tge same way as Cap Marvel ability.

Upon well-timed blocks, Corvus applies an armor break debuff for each armor up effect on the opponent. Notice, that nowhere in his description says he is able to remove armor up effects this way.
    Naturally, armor break debuffs will remove armor up BUFFS, because that's how those effects interact with each other across the game. Whoever, armor break debuffs aren't able to remove passive armor's provided by the "agressive:armor" node, or by any other node or ability that gives the champion a passive armor, unless stated otherwise.
    And that is why you can apply multiple armor breaks against agressive armor node, but not be able to remove any passive armor from the opponent..

For Captain Marvel, her ability is different. She directly removes armor up effects from the opponents. This includes armor up buffs and passive armor's.
  • Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★
    Halaster said:

Not at all. As long as IMIW is not on a stun/debuff immune node, you can always "re-parry" him. That is to block his first medium and parry his light attack, which will stun him. At this point, he's wide open for a 3-hit heavy attack from Corvus, which removes 3 aggression armor stacks.

Or, as someone mentioned, you can always bait the heavy and then counter his heavy with yours.