**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Why Magneto makes more sense as a Cosmic Champion rather than mutant

Marvel2289Marvel2289 Posts: 1,008 ★★★
I know what you are thinking. WHAT? MAGNETO IS A MUTANT!!!!! But hear me out, Magneto is most effective when fighting Metal opponents, most of the Metal Champions on this game are in the Tech class which has class advantage over Mutant. So to put it into perspective Magneto( a character most effective against metal opponents) has a disadvantage when fighting most metal champions. The change to Cosmic would allow Magneto to have class advantage over most of the games metal champs rather than class disadvantage.

Comments

• Options
    It's a crazy suggestion, but does have a point to it
  • Options
    Okaythen said:

That’s like saying
    She hulk should be skill because she can purify science champs debuffs

Not really, the main concern on this was the class disadvantage
  • Options

No it doesn't. You'd be better off suggesting that if Magneto gets buffed, he ignores class disadvantages instead of that whirlwind of an explanation of why he should be cosmic. He's a mutant, there's no way around that. He was born with powers on earth. That's mutant.
    That is a better suggestion honestly, the one I made was admittedly far fetched
  • Options
    OkaythenOkaythen Posts: 590 ★★★

Okaythen said:

That’s like saying

She hulk gets class disadvantage against skill so my point still stands
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    Okaythen said:

Okaythen said:

That’s like saying

She hulk gets class disadvantage against skill so my point still stands
    Yeah but she purifies debuffs from Science champs, not Skill, anyhow I have an alternative suggestion above
  • Options
    RookiieRookiie Posts: 4,772 ★★★★★

No it doesn't. You'd be better off suggesting that if Magneto gets buffed, he ignores class disadvantages instead of that whirlwind of an explanation of why he should be cosmic. He's a mutant, there's no way around that. He was born with powers on earth. That's mutant.
    Don't get discouraged OP. It's nice to think outside of the box. Plus, the topic is thought provoking, even if the method / approach is incorrect.
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    RockyXCII said:

Don't get discouraged OP. It's nice to think outside of the box. Plus, the topic is thought provoking, even if the method / approach is incorrect.
    Yeah, but the idea I'll even admit myself was far fetched from the beginning because there is nothing about Magneto in the comics that suggests he could be Cosmic. I think my alternative is a better idea, thanks for the optimism though. I already knew this post would be controversial
  • Options
    RookiieRookiie Posts: 4,772 ★★★★★
    edited April 2020

RockyXCII said:

Yeah, but the idea I'll even admit myself was far fetched from the beginning because there is nothing about Magneto in the comics that suggests he could be Cosmic. I think my alternative is a better idea
    I wouldn't go with 'ignore class disadvantage'. I would go with something a little more similar to Blade's Danger Sense but for #Metal champs. Then have that ability ramp up charges, deal Armor shatter on every parry or maybe substantially higher SP attack damage. Something along those lines.
  • Options
    RockyXCII said:

RockyXCII said:

Yeah, but the idea I'll even admit myself was far fetched from the beginning because there is nothing about Magneto in the comics that suggests he could be Cosmic. I think my alternative is a better idea
    I wouldn't go with 'ignore class disadvantage'. I would go with something a little more similar to Blade's Danger Sense but for #Metal champs. Then have that ability ramp up charges, deal Armor shatter on every parry or maybe substantially higher SP attack damage. Something along those lines.
    That's a nice suggestion
  • Options

How about this instead, give Magneto a buff where he ignores class advantage from #Metal Champions

Way better, but as suggested above, if we're talking buffing magneto this should go beyond class advantage. There are genuinely more non-tech #metal champs (26) in this game than tech #metal champs (25).
    Guess I haven't kept count on the #Metal champs, but your right Magneto needs a rework in general
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,038 ★★★★★

RockyXCII said:

Yeah, but the idea I'll even admit myself was far fetched from the beginning because there is nothing about Magneto in the comics that suggests he could be Cosmic. I think my alternative is a better idea, thanks for the optimism though. I already knew this post would be controversial
    Your alternative idea huh.... You're welcome.
  • Options

RockyXCII said:

Your alternative idea huh.... You're welcome.
    Well the ignoring class advantage was your idea, but I made the #Metal specification
  • Options
    Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★
    Magneto is a mutant his omega power is metal manipulation, he should be mutant NOT comsic
  • Options

Magneto is a mutant his omega power is metal manipulation, he should be mutant NOT comsic

Yeah I know, we have pretty much already established that and are discussing other methods to make him more effective against #Metal champs. You are welcome to present ideas if you wish.
  • Options
    StellarStellar Posts: 1,069 ★★★★
    Nope !
    As a Cosmic Magneto would have an advantage over al tech, even those without metal....
    He is a mutant and as such as a natural advantage over skill champions. as master of magnetism he also have an advantage over metal opponents... Even if, for now the Magneto we can play is just a joke compare to what it should be as one of the most powerful mutant on earth ;)
  • Options
    11825121182512 Posts: 126
    Squirrel Girl should be mystic because squirrels live in trees and Groot is cosmic.
  • Options
    1182512 said:

Squirrel Girl should be mystic because squirrels live in trees and Groot is cosmic.

Human Torch should be a Mystic because fire burns trees and Groot is Cosmic 🙂
  • Options
    KpatrixKpatrix Posts: 1,055 ★★★
    He has a magnetize that affects metal, giving him a bonus when fighting them. Class advantage is great and all, but it’s not an automatic win. If you are picking your champs based on class for each fight you are missing out. I gave up on that tactic long ago, it’s just a change in attack stats and may make a fight longer but pre 12.0 switch was great against science champs for the willpower extra healing, and mags was good against techs by stopping their armor and regen.
    Just don’t pay thst much attention to it and you’ll be fine
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    Kpatrix said:

He has a magnetize that affects metal, giving him a bonus when fighting them. Class advantage is great and all, but it’s not an automatic win. If you are picking your champs based on class for each fight you are missing out. I gave up on that tactic long ago, it’s just a change in attack stats and may make a fight longer but pre 12.0 switch was great against science champs for the willpower extra healing, and mags was good against techs by stopping their armor and regen.
    Just don’t pay thst much attention to it and you’ll be fine

Yeah I win fights with class disadvantage all the time, I guess the notion that Magneto has a disadvantage against some Metal champs kinda bothers me even though it really shouldn't
  • Options
    shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 3,243 ★★★★★

My face right now
  • Options
    shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 3,243 ★★★★★

How about this instead, give Magneto a buff where he ignores class advantage from #Metal Champions

Well that is better