Options

The best Phone for MCOC?

Comments

• Options
    ms_5707983ms_5707983 Posts: 93
    Using a Samsung LK51 and ever is flawless. Top notch HD. Zero lag with any of the "glitchy" champs like Vision Aark, Darkhawk, Nova, Guardian. Everything looks great.
  • Options
    DoonxDoonx Posts: 182
    Im an average player when using iphone. Im a trash player when using android. Btw im playing on iPhone X.
  • Options
    MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,466 ★★★★★
    Any IPhone product
  • Options
    Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    Can someone just recommend a phone that loads fights at about 4 seconds or lower please? I watch Brian Grant's videos on YouTube, and his phone doesn't even seem to take up to 3 seconds to load fights!
  • Options
    I'm pretty annoyed with my phone taking just under 10 seconds to load arena fights. Not easy being a grinder on that one...
  • Options
    laxthelaxthe Posts: 51
    I use an iPhone XS and unfortunately would not recommend it for this game, sometimes it runs on 10 FPS sometimes it is very smooth. I have used an iphone 8+ before and it was honestly working smoother. Even though I dont know if it is a general problem with XS or it’s just my phone, that’s what i experience. Might be something with the A12 chip if it is a general problem. Anybody else with XS experience this ?
  • Options
    TopShagger69TopShagger69 Posts: 33
    Apple might be a bit better for this game but if you're gonna drop 1000$+ on a phone dont base it off this game. Any top or mid tier phones run this game fine.
  • Options
    ThecurlerThecurler Posts: 860 ★★★★
    OnePlus phones are good.

I've got a OnePlus 7t and it runs the game much better than the iPad mini I bought last year.

• Options
    DaddriedaDaddrieda Posts: 1,568 ★★★★
    ROG phone 2 is supposed to be the newest android gaming phone with cooler, charger at the middle instead of the usually side charger, an program to change the whole phone into an gaming mode to raise another level and all that, but I haven’t seen a promised YouTube video of anyone using that phone for mcoc so far.
  • Options
    DarthPhalDarthPhal Posts: 1,064 ★★★★

Bump.

Lol, it's funny how this comment got a disagree when I'm just trying to help people access an important post like this easier 😂

• Options
    MaxGamingMaxGaming Posts: 3,204 ★★★★★
    My phone is only 3 years old I think I'm good for a few more years
  • Options
    CLFCLF Posts: 9
    edited July 2020
    Daddrieda said:

ROG phone 2 is supposed to be the newest android gaming phone with cooler, charger at the middle instead of the usually side charger, an program to change the whole phone into an gaming mode to raise another level and all that, but I haven’t seen a promised YouTube video of anyone using that phone for mcoc so far.

I play MCoC on a ROG 2. It runs very well with the default settings. When I first got the phone, I turned on all of the gaming enhancements - touch sensitivity, refresh rate at 120hz, etc. The refresh rate, in particular, caused lots of performance issues for me - the screen display was out of sync with the touch input. After a long period of trial and error I ended up resetting everything to factory defaults in the MCoC gaming profile and it worked the way it's supposed to.

The 6000 Ma battery and cooling accessory work wonderfully for long sessions, or arena grinds. This phone has insane battery life ... I can play MCoC for a good hour when the batter hits 20%, and it takes me down to about 10%. I never have any issues with performance, heat or throttling even without the fan attached. The additional charge port is also awesome because you can play while charging without the cable interfering with your touch inputs.
  • Options
    CLF said:

Daddrieda said:

I play MCoC on a ROG 2. It runs very well with the default settings. When I first got the phone, I turned on all of the gaming enhancements - touch sensitivity, refresh rate at 120hz, etc. The refresh rate, in particular, caused lots of performance issues for me - the screen display was out of sync with the touch input. After a long period of trial and error I ended up resetting everything to factory defaults in the MCoC gaming profile and it worked the way it's supposed to.

The 6000 Ma battery and cooling accessory work wonderfully for long sessions, or arena grinds. This phone has insane battery life ... I can play MCoC for a good hour when the batter hits 20%, and it takes me down to about 10%. I never have any issues with performance, heat or throttling even without the fan attached. The additional charge port is also awesome because you can play while charging without the cable interfering with your touch inputs.

That’s crazy!
  • Options
    Katzastrophe_Od1nKatzastrophe_Od1n Posts: 223 ★★

Can someone just recommend a phone that loads fights at about 4 seconds or lower please? I watch Brian Grant's videos on YouTube, and his phone doesn't even seem to take up to 3 seconds to load fights!

he still uses an iphone 8+ as far as im aware of
  • Options
    So for mcoc, it seems it's to get a device with a snapdragon processor, or bust?
  • Options
    LordTenzenLordTenzen Posts: 136
    I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S20. Out of the 5 phones I've previously ran through, this one plays absolutely fantastic. Rarely overheats, plays smooth and fast.
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    In the end of the day, it’s actually hard to find a perfect phone that have the processor and all that for running mcoc. Much easier if kabam can tell us it's the requirements so we can look for the real deal
  • Options
    JokepoolJokepool Posts: 401
    arsjum said:

Arps said:

I grabbed SE as I don’t like a huge tablet size phone. I get it Friday, I’ll try to let people know how it runs MCOC.

It'll run the game like a champ, probably better than any other phone out there. But the screen is too small. Fingers are on the way all the time. If you can deal with it, you'll love it.
    What is the battery behaviour?
    It handles the game well.
    Thinking about getting one next week,but the small battery is quite scary.
    There is no video on YouTube about iphone se 2 playing mcoc
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    Thecurler said:

OnePlus phones are good.

I've got a OnePlus 7t and it runs the game much better than the iPad mini I bought last year.

The quoted post is no longer true with regards to MCOC. It runs bad as of v27.2.5.
    Thought I'd better update this post in case anyone considering OnePlus for this game searched here.
  • Options
    Tiger360Tiger360 Posts: 1,696 ★★★★

For this game? Zero doubt the iPhone. Android even for flagship phones is riddled with bugs and performance related issues. Look at the number of mcoc youtubers who have iphone vs android. Fight load times are not even comparable. I have an s10 and screen just stops taking inputs mid fight, so you just stand there like an idiot while your opponent kills you in one 5 hit combo.

s10 is not flagship anymore. You need the s20 or the galaxy note 20, which is not out yet. Both will preform pretty well
    Are you serious? What a **** argument.
    s10 was on of the best phone in its category until 1 month ago. And let us not pretend that this is a recent issue.
    Yeah that was a questionable argument, it may not be the newest Samsung anymore but its specs are still great
  • Options
    Anyone using a Samsung Galaxy S20?
  • Options
    Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    Jokepool said:

arsjum said:

Arps said:

I grabbed SE as I don’t like a huge tablet size phone. I get it Friday, I’ll try to let people know how it runs MCOC.

It'll run the game like a champ, probably better than any other phone out there. But the screen is too small. Fingers are on the way all the time. If you can deal with it, you'll love it.
    What is the battery behaviour?
    It handles the game well.
    Thinking about getting one next week,but the small battery is quite scary.
    There is no video on YouTube about iphone se 2 playing mcoc
    Don’t suppose you ever went through with getting the SE 2020?
    Considering getting it myself, phone size won’t be a problem considering I’m using the old SE currently, just 2 years of heavy use, especially trough the past few months have started to really kill off the battery.
  • Options
    KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,748 ★★★★★
    Try RoG phone if we're talking about games. If else, I cant decide for you. I am a serious Apple hater, but it depends on you only
  • Options
    The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    I use a Samsung Tab A 10.1 inches of 2019 and unfortunately, it contains the Exynos processor. Its fine for general playing, etc. But it crashes from time to time and freezes a bit when a large number of particle effects are involved. Wouldn't recommend for a competitive player going for legends runs, etc.
  • Options
    MaxGamingMaxGaming Posts: 3,204 ★★★★★
    edited September 2020
    I use a samsung galaxy 9
  • Options
    Anybody use a Samsung Galaxy S8+?
  • Options
    Kill_Grey said:

Anybody use a Samsung Galaxy S8+?

I just upgraded form that at the start of the year. It is good but I had lag and delays with loading. I use the S20 now and it works wonders, at least when the servers allow for it to
  • Options
    Katzastrophe_Od1nKatzastrophe_Od1n Posts: 223 ★★
    edited September 2020
    redmi note 8 pro. huge battery with 4500mAh, playing like 2 hours arena takes 10% from your battery and really fast loading times. between eq fights less than 2 seconds. and for a great price round about 200 bucks