**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Morningstar Life Steal Bug Fix

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,244 ★★★★★

Rasilover said:

Imagine thinking that it’s a nerf. Lmao

Anything that several ppl have benefited from and that has been common knowledge since either the content or the champ has been released that is now “fixed” is most definitely a nerf!!
    There are two (possibly more) uses for the term nerf. Commonly, you can use it to mean anything that has been changed to be made less effective, really. The more literal use would be Nerf, and that's any change to the intended design of a Champ. Bug fixes do not fall under that term. No matter how long they've been in existence. A bug is a bug no matter how long it takes to fix.
  • Maddog0894Maddog0894 Posts: 24
    edited April 2020

Rasilover said:

Anything that several ppl have benefited from and that has been common knowledge since either the content or the champ has been released that is now “fixed” is most definitely a nerf!!
    There are two (possibly more) uses for the term nerf. Commonly, you can use it to mean anything that has been changed to be made less effective, really. The more literal use would be Nerf, and that's any change to the intended design of a Champ. Bug fixes do not fall under that term. No matter how long they've been in existence. A bug is a bug no matter how long it takes to fix.
    I could understand if this has been something going for a month or hell even a few months and they announced that it’s gonna be fixed. But this has been going since the content/champ was released and clearly documented with several videos. Not obscure videos. But videos with thousands upon thousands of views. This is nothing less than a nerf. If it wasnt then why would be hearing about it now. If this was such a big deal it should’ve been dealt with when it was happening. Not let half the community benefit and screw the rest that weren’t lucky enough to land these champs.

Rasilover said:

I could understand if this has been something going for a month or hell even a few months and they announced that it’s gonna be fixed. But this has been going since the content/champ was released and clearly documented with several videos. Not obscure videos. But videos with thousands upon thousands of views. This is nothing less than a nerf. If it was fix why would be hearing about it now. If this was such a big deal it should’ve been dealt with when it was happening. Not let half the community benefit and screw the rest that weren’t lucky enough to land these champs.
    I'm unaware of the habits of the Devs, but I'm willing to bet seashells they don't spend their time watching every YouTube video. They're most likely doing their job and dealing with things as they present problems within the design.
  • RasiloverRasilover Posts: 1,456 ★★★★

Rasilover said:

Not an intended ability so it’s a bug fix.
    Not even supposed to be healing while no damage is being dealt anyways

• Marvel2289Marvel2289 Posts: 1,008 ★★★

Rasilover said:

Oh Don't forget it can also mean toy gun
    Black Widow (CV) and Morning Star are bieng Nerfed, now they will use foam bullets in their attacks

Rasilover said:

I could understand if this has been something going for a month or hell even a few months and they announced that it’s gonna be fixed. But this has been going since the content/champ was released and clearly documented with several videos. Not obscure videos. But videos with thousands upon thousands of views. This is nothing less than a nerf. If it wasnt then why would be hearing about it now. If this was such a big deal it should’ve been dealt with when it was happening. Not let half the community benefit and screw the rest that weren’t lucky enough to land these champs.
    You clearly didn't understand what Grounded Wisdom said
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,045 ★★★★★

For all the people who defend this bug fix how about we finally get back drafts fixed after like two years? Getting specials when hitting the block? The AI getting frame advantage now? Any fixes for the players now?

Yeah that is nothing new and I agree that they take more action towards beneficial bugs but calling this a Nerf is overselling it
    Calling it a nerf is not overselling, it's outright lying.
  • shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 3,243 ★★★★★

For all the people who defend this bug fix how about we finally get back drafts fixed after like two years? Getting specials when hitting the block? The AI getting frame advantage now? Any fixes for the players now?

Yeah that is nothing new and I agree that they take more action towards beneficial bugs but calling this a Nerf is overselling it
    Yeah but I was going easy on him
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,045 ★★★★★

Yeah but I was going easy on him
    Honestly, just don't even engage/feed the trolls.
  • slackerslacker Posts: 772 ★★★★
    edited April 2020
    This post is some people denied the reality, and hugh lack of common sense between nerf and fix, other gaming community doesn't take seriously about this (some even understand that this thing should be fix or nerf), but this ones took into a whole new level
  • OkaythenOkaythen Posts: 590 ★★★
    edited April 2020
    Skkc said:

I R5ed my MS for this. Surely many people did too. We better get compensated for this. And im not even gonna proceed with 6.2 exploration.

I ranked mine up because I see her usefulness and like her
    Not for some niche
    It’s getting fixed get over it I’m not happy about it either
    If you spend resources to r5 a champ for one fight than that’s on you and no one else
    Decide if you want to proceed or not but think about it if you do 100% chapter 2 now you have a useless MS at rank 5 since you no longer need her for the champ boss
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,021 ★★★★★

Rasilover said:

Black Widow (CV) and Morning Star are bieng Nerfed, now they will use foam bullets in their attacks
    How can you Nerf something that isn't working in the first place?

Rasilover said:

I could understand if this has been something going for a month or hell even a few months and they announced that it’s gonna be fixed. But this has been going since the content/champ was released and clearly documented with several videos. Not obscure videos. But videos with thousands upon thousands of views. This is nothing less than a nerf. If it was fix why would be hearing about it now. If this was such a big deal it should’ve been dealt with when it was happening. Not let half the community benefit and screw the rest that weren’t lucky enough to land these champs.
    I'm unaware of the habits of the Devs, but I'm willing to bet seashells they don't spend their time watching every YouTube video. They're most likely doing their job and dealing with things as they present problems within the design.
    Dealing with problems in the design? So they don’t even bother with looking at two of the best nullify/regen champs in the game vs the hardest buff dependent boss in the game?? You’re arguments are completely illogical. If they’re spending so much time with design problems then this bs shouldn’t even be talked about then right??
    Did you read what I said?

Rasilover said:

My comment was a joke, I agree that this is not a nerf
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,021 ★★★★★

Rasilover said:

My comment was a joke, I agree that this is not a nerf
    Oh ok. My bad.
  • OkaythenOkaythen Posts: 590 ★★★
    edited April 2020
    Skkc said:

Okaythen said:

Skkc said:

I R5ed my MS for this. Surely many people did too. We better get compensated for this. And im not even gonna proceed with 6.2 exploration.

I ranked mine up because I see her usefulness and like her
    Not for some niche
    It’s getting fixed get over it I’m not happy about it either
    If you spend resources to r5 a champ for one fight than that’s on you and no one else
    Decide if you want to proceed or not but think about it if you do 100% chapter 2 now you have a useless MS at rank 5 since you no longer need her for the champ boss
    Thats not on me. Thats on kabam for leaving the issue for months and months and not even giving up a heads up that they are looking into it. This game is about specific champs to counter specific fights. If you don’t understand that, perhaps you should play a different game
    Haha haha if I don’t understand haha hahah
    It’s in you
    No one is saying use resources to r5 a champ for one fight
    Like I said I ranked her up because I liked her but you only ranked her up because of one fight
    You’re not getting compensation for your own choices she’s been out for years I believe and has proven her worth for some people like myself if you really want to be petty and cry out like a kid than that’s on you
    Kabam did not put a warrant on your life if you didn’t r 5 her
    I did no retreat with a r4 so r5 isn’t necessary
    The game is not about specific champs for speecific counters
    Most fights it makes it a lot easier but are not essential 6.2.6 is the outlier along with 6.2.2 and even then you don’t need to r5 champs for it
    Does grandmaster require a specific champ of course not does act 1-4 require specific champions in very littl circumstances that are insignificant compared to the overall content
    Act 6 only has a few fights most of which are not required to complete
    But what do I know about the champion boss fight it’s not like I’ve done it with she hulk pre and post nerf, BWCV, MS and a solo with hood Obviously I’m not as well educated as you sir because I don’t follow your narrow perspective of this game
    This is no different from when Archangel got "Nerfed" and people blew up the Forums with Rank down ticket requests, meanwhile Archangel continues to be beyond God tier.

That me how you see it but... A lot of ppl said the shehulk “fix” wasn’t a nerf also. But it clearly was. Something that tons of players are benefiting from since the content dropped and now all of a sudden is a problem. This should’ve been fixed from the get. Not let half the community benefit from it then all of a sudden decide it’s a problem that must be fixed.
    The She Hulk debate is completely different from this though
    How is it completely different? She hulk performed the same function since her release or more importantly since her buff. Morningstar has performed the same function since 6.2 dropped. Bwcv has performed the same function since she was released. So what’s different man? It’s not like this went on for days or weeks. This has went on since the release and has been clearly documented.
    Because She Hulk actually got changed. Morningstar and BWCV did not their description is the same and the ability was not altered all that happened was fixing a discrepancy with a certain fight
  • YofaYofa Posts: 11
    Hypocritical community just like these be saying late game players ... the guys they worked with the champions and the bugs now we who come behind we have to play with less option and you find its normal .... i n don't have cap america iw i have that morningstar. it is really frustrating especially that those who are not done with 6.2 do not want to understand the problem why this is saying bug now I think I saw that kt1 to be indignant ....
    Yofa said:

Hypocritical community just like these be saying late game players ... the guys they worked with the champions and the bugs now we who come behind we have to play with less option and you find its normal .... i n don't have cap america iw i have that morningstar. it is really frustrating especially that those who are not done with 6.2 do not want to understand the problem why this is saying bug now I think I saw that kt1 to be indignant ....

So because one person got to exploit a bug means you should too?
  • MoosetiptronicMoosetiptronic Posts: 2,108 ★★★★
    Thousands upon thousands have used MS for this fight. Not one YouTuber.

• SavageSavage Posts: 621 ★★★
    edited April 2020
    I just wish that people were more rational and thought before they wrote or reacted on this thread. I got about 50 disagrees from this post alone which is unfair because I gave logical, level-headed opinions towards the topic opposed to many others.

This is all just a minor community outrage that we will all move on from anyways. You may take it as shady or greedy but end of the day you're still going to be using said champions in your endgame contents.
  • Agentk100Agentk100 Posts: 35
    Greekhit said:

That is totally unfair to those haven’t done The Champion fight yet. Many people have taken advantage of those champions for beating this fight and now the rest have to do it without these assets. In my opinion the very least Kabam needs to do to compensate for this and restore balance is to tone down this toxic fight and reduce The Champion indestructible charges to 3 instead of 5. The no retreat path is close to undoable now.

To be honest I don’t think that’d be a horrible idea but only for the no retreat path
  • DarthHaasDarthHaas Posts: 385 ★★
    I cleared my first run through abyss with the AEgon heavy bug (no cool down) that was very nice!

I am not sure if this is a bug (variant 4 thing removes unblockable with special 2) makes that Deadpool a cake walk! Nowhere in his description does it say he should be able to do that.

I have a rank 5 MS but actually used SS / capiw for that champion fight in 6.2

For all those who are saying they took MS UP TO RANK 5 for the champion fight. I would say.... either you have already done the fight. Nice! Or you should go ahead and do the fight prior to it being fixed.

There are plenty of bugs that make certain things easier and it is a good idea to exploit those while you can. Same goes for vision arkus he was a beast for a month or two prior to him getting fixed.