**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

AW - Surprise Surprise

AburaeesAburaees Posts: 514 ★★★
AW - Surprise Surprise

No this is not another matchmaking post, but an amusing little story.

Decided to take the top right path with two hidden nodes, as having scouted the summoners’ profiles they seemed likely to be tough defenders.

Noticed one of the summoners had a duped 5* rank 5 level 65 Medusa in their profile - and had not put her on any visible nodes nor used her in attack.

So with my Spongebob smug face on I opted to take Dr Voodoo (4/55) instead of CAIW (5/65). Yes I know Medusa is poison immune, but Voodoo’s SP1 can nullify her fury buffs which makes for an easier fight.

My Spongebob smug face instantly melted away when I discovered I was facing....Human Torch. Geez, can anyone skill their way to victory under those circumstances?

I’m not salty about it, but man, the way I felt taking a wooden staff to a flamethrower fight is kinda how I imagined I should feel taking a #Metal champ to a Magneto fight (please give him a “Mag and Frag” buff ;)).

Anyway, what other matchups can you think of that can go so horribly wrong for an attacker?

Comments

• SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★
    edited April 2020
    I brought a Sunspot against Void expecting to breeze right on through.
  • MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    Literally anything that's not a mutant vs Suicide Elsa on Path 7
    Ghost/CG vs Sinister or Maw.

As a rule if you're on Path 7 bring highly ranked mutant - I suppose there's a lot less chance of coming up against an Elsa with suicides if you're in a lower tier as she's relatively new but I've found that bringing someone like Domino or Colossus as my main champ for path 7 has been the safest option to cover all grounds.
  • mgj0630mgj0630 Posts: 992 ★★★★
    @Mauled called the one I was doing for a while. Placing Ebony Maw on a hidden node and watching people go in with Corvus.

Folks seemed to have caught on to that now though, and smart players will never take Corvus against a hidden node for just that reason.
  • StewmanStewman Posts: 735 ★★★
    Once in war a few months ago, I thought I would try Sunspot vs Korg. because ya know class advantage, surely it would be ok.

It was NOT ok.
  • lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Posts: 4,292 ★★★★★
    anything vs korg because I suck
  • Deadpool87Deadpool87 Posts: 573 ★★★
    Stewman said:

Once in war a few months ago, I thought I would try Sunspot vs Korg. because ya know class advantage, surely it would be ok.

It was NOT ok.

Ironically Human Torch is a great champ to use against Korg.
  • AburaeesAburaees Posts: 514 ★★★
    I find Havok to be decent against Korg thanks to:

1. Non-contact attacks.
    2. Korg’s SP1 giving me plasma charges.

Make sure rock shield is down before wasting an SP2/SP3 however.
  • Aryl_HaminAryl_Hamin Posts: 13
    That's definitely a force close situation.
  • AburaeesAburaees Posts: 514 ★★★

I’ll have to remember that!

• Aryl_HaminAryl_Hamin Posts: 13
    Aburaees said:

I’ll have to remember that!

Yeah, you give them a kill, but you were already going to die. This way you only take a half health hit.
  • StewmanStewman Posts: 735 ★★★
    edited April 2020

Stewman said:

It was NOT ok.

I know, isn't that somethin'

• OrdalcaOrdalca Posts: 543 ★★★

walkerdog said:

Stewman said:

It was NOT ok.

Why is Sunspot bad against Korg?
    Thinl its got to do with if you have any buffs or if you place any debuffs you end up taking some of that damage.

I use Domino or KM for Korg very easy fight x

It's because every time you place a debuff on him, he has a chance to remove it and gain another rock stack, or whatever his thorn thing is called. Sunspot places a debuff every hit, so you basically never will get the thorns down.