**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Samsung Note 10 / S10 MCOC graphics glitching / crash / black screen

sfsiliconsfsilicon Posts: 109
edited April 2020 in Bugs and Known Issues
Sharing a bug I have been seeing for a while now on my TMO Note 10+. Basically graphics glitches, most frequent on the floating asteroid screen that starts with flashing then leads to either a lockup, crash or black screen with the game still active in the background. I have to kill the app and restart to fix this. See youtube videos below on what I am seeing. I submitted this as a bug to Kabam today (case id 05458939). This has been confirmed by two ally members that use US carrier Galaxy S10s. I'm posting here to see if others are seeing this problem (trying to narrow down to either an App issue or Samsung hardware). Don't think this is happening on IOS (would like to get confirmation). Please share screenshots or videos if possible.TIA!

---

Game shows graphix glitches when playing then eventually locks up and crashes.

I've also seen it show glitches and then the screen goes black while you can hear game playing. I have to kill app and restart.

This happens on the latest game version. Normally when the background screen shows the floating Asteroids. I took a video this morning to show this. I was able to capture my running 3dmark and riptide3d which should be more GFX intensive games with no errors. My phone was not warm at all when this happened. After killing the app the game is fine again for quite a while.

I've attached links to two other video I took from April 19th.

https://youtu.be/WFapBga7-iE
https://youtu.be/2jw4qvgK-fs

This has been happening for a couple of months now (im guessing 2+ for me). Prior to the last server maintenance (and/or last version pushed maybe about a month ago) I saw texture errors in addition to the black screen / game crashing. I don't have screenshots of these but they seem to be fixed. Examples would be ground texture turning pink or black or fuzzy. Think I saw character textures effected too. I was able to play until a crash / black screen or I kill the app and restart.

From my PC experience this looks like GPU defects. Like when overclocking the GPU. Thats why I ran other games and 3Dmark. I completed 3Dmark w/o any errors and no issues with games like riptide and callofduty. I ran the games and benchmarks on their own and after I start seeing glitching and no errors.

The note 10+ (from TMO) is last years phone and very powerful so it doesnt get hot. I have at least 2 alliance members who have seen the same errors (showed them my 4/19 videos) on their Galaxy S10s (both US carriers, so maybe Qualcomm related). I don't know Android well, but I was trying to narrow the problem down and maybe this is related to how MCOC / Android manages memory and that getting corrupted (more on that below).

I am an arena grinder (10.5m in 5* featured, max rewards in both 4* and 3* arenas) so I use the game a lot. One of the two is also a heavy grinder. The other one does arena but more on the 5m points level. I have one S10 alliance member who does not grind and has not seen this issue. I believe there might be some correlation to more frequent usage to seeing this bug as per above, but my phone and the two others I asked does not get hot at all. Since this is MCOC and I play in an ally I switch between LINE and other apps a lot while playing. Maybe memory is being corrupted slowly till the glitching happens. For my most recent crash (1st video), I woke up and started playing when it happened. I was playing the previous night and not sure how Android managed the game overnight. I have run Samsungs optimizer (as recommended by their forum support for intermitant gaming issues).

I did do a couple of searches for note 10+ gpu glitching and could not find anything hardware related or MCOC specific. I will be posting this on the MCOC forum to see if I can find more users who are seeing this problem. Hope this help to reproduce and fix this problem.

Comments

• sfsiliconsfsilicon Posts: 109
    Forgot to post:
    Ingame = sfsilicon,
    MCOC ver 1012370,
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ (SM-975U1),
    Android 10 + One UI 2.06
  • MoosetiptronicMoosetiptronic Posts: 2,073 ★★★★
    Happening every other day for the last two weeks or so. Have to force stop mcoc, then restart.

OnePlus 6t

Happening every other day for the last two weeks or so. Have to force stop mcoc, then restart.

OnePlus 6t

Interesting. Thought this was limited to Samsung Note 10 and S10. Can you please confirm you are seeing the same as in the youtube videos above? I believe the 1+ 6t is a qualcomm processor too. Do you grind arena and switch between apps while playing?
  • MoosetiptronicMoosetiptronic Posts: 2,073 ★★★★
    sfsilicon said:

OnePlus 6t

Interesting. Thought this was limited to Samsung Note 10 and S10. Can you please confirm you are seeing the same as in the youtube videos above? I believe the 1+ 6t is a qualcomm processor too. Do you grind arena and switch between apps while playing?
    Hi @sfsilicon , I am seeing exactly the same and yes, frequently switch between apps with the game open. Don't hugely grind arena, but play it often.
    Thank you Moosetiptronic.

Confirmed cases 4/24:

Android OS
    - 2x Samsung Galaxy S10 (Qualcomm)
    - 1x Samsung Galaxy Note 10 (Qualcomm)
    - 1x OnePlus 6t (Qualcomm)
  • GrieferMadnessGrieferMadness Posts: 109
    edited April 2020
    This has been happening for about a month on my Note 9 (USA - Sprint version). I noticed it began occurring shortly after my phone software updated to Android 10, which could be a coincidence but I suspect not.

I've had the crashes occur during multiple modes, including AW, arena, and incursions.

This has been happening for about a month on my Note 9 (USA - Sprint version). I noticed it began occurring shortly after my phone software updated to Android 10, which could be a coincidence but I suspect not.

I've had the crashes occur during multiple modes, including AW, arena, and incursions.

Thanks buddy. Mine note 10 was on android 10 so cant tell. The more folks that post here and the range of different phones seem to point to a App issue vs Hardware. Maybe something to do with how memory and switch/sleep is handled. Dont know if Kabam uses standard routines that should be very robust or maybe customized for security that can be error prone.

Do you grind arena?

Will start tracking android 10 vs other.
    Android OS
    - 2x Samsung Galaxy S10 (Qualcomm)
    - 1x Samsung Galaxy Note 10 (Qualcomm, Android 10)
    - 1x Samsung Galaxy Note 9 (Qualcom, Android 10)
    - 1x OnePlus 6t (Qualcomm)
  • Hey there, I would first recommend going through our Android trouleshooting steps. If that doesn't resolve the issue, you can share the information requested in the Android performance issues thread or get in contact with our Support Team here. You may also want to consider getting in contact with the support team for either Android or the device itself.
This discussion has been closed.