**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

You are being contacted on behalf of the Red Room Academy

Comments

• TP33TP33 Posts: 1,595 ★★★★
    When we use the chronometer can we use one on t3, and one on t4 or will we only get to use it on one difficulty
  • TP33 said:

When we use the chronometer can we use one on t3, and one on t4 or will we only get to use it on one difficulty

You can purchase one for each Tier.
  • KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★
    If we become uncollected somewhere in the middle of this event, will this event be updated for me to allow me to do T4 Rifts? Or do we have to be uncollected before the start of this event?
  • GhostOfYostGhostOfYost Posts: 59
    Will the class awakening gems that appear be completely random, or will they cycle “fairly”?

Assuming you’re always going for epic and always successful in getting the intel, if you buy the chronometer for 3000 intel, you have just over 6000 left for rifts. At 500 intel per rift, you get 13 tries for a gem (one rift access is included with the chronometer). If the gems appear each rift and the class is random, you have a ~9.3% chance of never seeing the class you want if you only want one class. Or, in a 30 person alliance, 3 of you can’t awaken the champ you really need to.

If the gems cycle more “fairly,” then that obviously goes out the window.
  • ThebgjThebgj Posts: 635 ★★
    edited April 2020
    So only 9030 for the month

Max 18 entries for uncollected/cavalier

That’s 9000 intel. Doesn’t leave us enough to buy the detector thing.

Question-

We have to decide if we want the detector and sacrifice a few runs of uncollected?

Me
  • MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    To clarify, can I wait until I see a mutant AG in the map, then use the chronometer?
  • Mercury79Mercury79 Posts: 551 ★★

Summoners, your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to defeat certain targets, and recover valuable Intel stolen by our enemies. If you can do this for us, we will reward you with Rift Detectors or our fabled Digital Chronometer!

Your Target

Each day, you will be assigned a Target in a Special Objective that is in possession of a special Keycard. The intelligence is limited, so we will give you as much information as we can but it will be up to you to discover the identity of the Target.

Our first target is codenamed DESTROYER. He was last seen in Black Widow: Red by Dawn, Chapter 1, Quest 1. Target was heading northeast. Defeat the Target in a Quest, Arena, Incursion or Duel.

Defeat the target, and obtain his Keycard. You’ll need it for the next step in your mission.

Gather Intel in Red Room Ops

After you have defeated the Target, you can use the Keycard to enter a Red Room Ops Quest, where you will gather the important Intel that has been stolen from us. To avoid detection, it's imperative that you only bring 2-Star Champions into these quests.

Red Room Ops are available in 4 different difficulties and require a Keycard to enter. You can use a Keycard to enter any of these Difficulties, but it will be destroyed upon entry. The higher difficulty you complete, the more Intel that you will return to us.

Normal: 43 Intel per Completion (1505 available over the course of the event)
    Heroic: 95 Intel per Completion (3325 available over the course of the event)
    Master: 220 Intel per Completion (7700 available over the course of the event)
    Epic: 258 Intel per Completion (9030 available over the course of the event)

Remember, all difficulties use the same keycard, so choose your difficulty level wisely. The maximum Intel that can be gathered over the course of the event is 9030.

The more Intel you return, the more opportunities to utilize our technology…

Intel Store

In exchange for this important Intel, we will offer you the chance to purchase Rift Detectors or a Dimensional Chronometer.

Rift Detectors come in 4 tiers, and are a technology that will allow you to access special Red Rift Quests, while a Dimensional Chronometer, will allow you to choose your own reward in a Rift! Choose carefully though, as we only have 1 Dimensional Chronometer for each Tier of Rift available.

The prices vary depending on the Tier of Rift Detector that you want to purchase, and there will be a limited amount in stock:

Tier 1 Rift Detector: 60 Intel (limit 25)
    Tier 2 Rift Detector: 150 Intel (limit 22)
    Tier 3 Rift Detector: 350 Intel (limit 22) (Must be Proven or above to purchase this item)
    Tier 4 Rift Detector: 500 Intel (limit 18) (Must be Uncollected or above to purchase this item)

We also have a special bundle in each tier that includes a Rift Detector, and a Digital Chronometer. Limit of 1 per agent for the entire month!

Tier 1 Digital Chronometer and Rift Detector: 300 Intel
    Tier 2 Digital Chronometer and Rift Detector: 900 Intel
    Tier 3 Digital Chronometer and Rift Detector: 2100 Intel (Must be Proven or above to purchase this item)
    Tier 4 Digital Chronometer and Rift Detector: 3000 Intel (Must be Uncollected or above to purchase this item)

Use your Rift Detectors to open Red Rifts, and find your reward!

Red Rifts

Once you have obtained your Rift Detector, you will be able to open a Rift, and obtain your reward!

Rifts are short, low energy quests where you will be randomly transported to a path that contains a valuable reward, and some Champions that stand in your way. Defeat your enemies, claim your reward, and teleport ahead to fight the Boss!

Now, unlike before, you will also have one opportunity during this event to choose exactly which reward you want! Use the Digital Chronometer to open a gate to a special Portal that will allow you to decide which path you would like to be transported to! You only have access to one this month, so choose wisely!

Possible Rewards

As a reminder, the path you choose will be randomly selected, unless you use the Digital Chronometer. Here are the possible rewards you could obtain from each tier of Rift:

Junior and Senior Red Room Recruit Crystals

During this event, special Junior and Senior Red Room Recruit Crystals will be available. These special 2 Star Crystals contain a wide variety of Champions, including many that are not regularly available as 2-Star Champions.

Junior Red Room Recruit Crystals will be available to all Summoners that have achieved the designation of Contender. Senior Red Room Recruit Crystals are only available to Summoners that are Conqueror or above.

The difference between the Crystals is the selection of Champions they contain. You’ll be able to see which Champions are in each crystal when they go live.

Your mission will start on April 29th, and will conclude on June 3rd. Should any member of your team be caught, the Red Room Academy will disavow all knowledge of your actions. Good luck, Summoners.

R3 red rift rewards are awful who wants 4* if there is race to 5* rankup really not so impressive rewards...
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,241 ★★★★★
    Mauled said:

To clarify, can I wait until I see a mutant AG in the map, then use the chronometer?

Yes.
  • ThebgjThebgj Posts: 635 ★★

Thebgj said:

Question-

We have to decide if we want the detector and sacrifice a few runs of uncollected?

Me

Apparently so. It could be worth it, though.

You can either have 18 entries with random rewards or you can have 13 entries with one of them allowing you to choose your reward.
    Well...now I have another question.

The detector is supposed to work on every run as long as you have it...right?

Me
  • doctorbdoctorb Posts: 1,724 ★★★
    No T5CC shards as rewards???

I think they've been out long enough to start offering shards here and there. 😊
  • Arham1Arham1 Posts: 435 ★★

Should any member of your team be caught, the Red Room Academy will disavow all knowledge of your actions. Good luck, Summoners.

What does this mean? If our champion dies, we lose?
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Arham1 said:

Should any member of your team be caught, the Red Room Academy will disavow all knowledge of your actions. Good luck, Summoners.

It's just black ops speak. They won't admit any knowledge of our actions so don't expect a rescue mission.
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    Arham1 said:

I'm hoping it's more flavor text, instead of actual relevance in game
  • KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★

black widow BOOOOOOOOOOOO

shut
  • Arham1 said:

It's just black ops speak. They won't admit any knowledge of our actions so don't expect a rescue mission.
    ^^^ Exactly this. It's all flavor text.
  • doctorb said:

No T5CC shards as rewards???

I think they've been out long enough to start offering shards here and there. 😊

Not even close yet!
  • NamikazeMinakaNamikazeMinaka Posts: 74
    I'm still trying to figure out, how the heck can we do a Red Room Ops in epic difficulty with a 2 star.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian

Thebgj said:

Thebgj said:

Question-

Me

Apparently so. It could be worth it, though.

You can either have 18 entries with random rewards or you can have 13 entries with one of them allowing you to choose your reward.
    Well...now I have another question.

The detector is supposed to work on every run as long as you have it...right?

Me
    The detector is what you need to enter the rifts. You can get up to 18 tier 4 detectors.

The chronomegatrometerthing is what you can use to choose the exact rewards you want in one of those rifts. You can get up to one package per difficulty tier containing one detector for the respective tier and one chronomatriculator. Those can apparently be used whenever you enter one of the rifts and see for example exactly the type of class ag you want.

All of those can only be used once, though.

Hope that makes sense, it's just how I understand this event so far.
    That's my understanding as well. Detectors are basically Rift keys and open a Rift; they can only use used once. Like previous Rifts, if you exit you probably don't get your key back.

The Chronometer is a path selector. It can only be used once as well. When you are inside of a Rift, you can choose to use the Chronometer if you want to; this will allow you to jump to any of the Rift paths you want which means you can select which ever reward on the map you want. Once you use it, its gone. I will also presume that if you use a Detector to enter a Rift, then use a Chronometer to choose a path, then deliberately exit the map before completing it then both of those things are still just gone: you don't get them back.

So you can enter Rifts as often as you can buy keys (Detectors) to unlock them. Rifts have random rewards just like previous Rifts. Optionally, you can buy a path selector (Chronometer). The path selector costs as much as five rift keys, so that's five Rifts you can't run (for every tier except tier 1: the Chronometer for tier 1 costs as much as four tier 1 Detectors, not five). You will only be allowed to buy one path selector per tier, max. After you're inside a Rift and have a chance to look around, you can choose whether you use a path selector if you bought one. If you do, you pick the path - and thus the reward - you get for completing that Rift.

The subtlety of the path selector (Chronometer) is that while most rewards are the same every time you enter, class-based rewards like awakening gems are randomized every time you enter a Rift. So if you want certain classes of awakening gem but on this run the class is not one you want, you just hang on to the path selector and wait for the next run, where hopefully the class that pops up is one you want. If on the other hand you want 1000 6* shards, say, you might as well use the path selector on the first run you see that reward in, because it won't get better on successive runs.

Also possible: if the map defenders are also randomized, you might want to use the path selector on maps where you're sure you can defeat the boss. If you're not sure, don't waste the path selector if you might not be able to finish.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    Veer4_0 said:

Hold onn.
    You start with one thing, that gets you into second thing, where you play to get third thing, which helps you enter the forth thing to get rewards and buy the fifth thing, which you can use in the forth thing to get the reward of your choice only one time. .

Yeah, not that confusing. 🤔🤔

I think that's a huge exaggeration, especially compared to previous content. You are told to go kill something. When you kill it you get their key. You use the key to run a mission that earns currency X. You use currency X to buy Rift keys. Rifts work basically the way they always worked, except once per Rift tier you can buy a special prayer card that lets you tell RNGesus which path in the Rift you want, and there you go.

Previous Rifts required you to earn currency to buy keys to open the Rift, so that's not different. The difference is the TARGET mechanism which kick starts the process. One more key. But otherwise, we've already had to do content to earn currency to buy Rift keys several times already. The only major difference is the path selector which is a completely new addition, and I think a welcome one. But if it is too complicated, you can simply ignore it. You can run these Rifts exactly like the old ones, just with all of your rewards equally random.

I suspect most players will gladly take the time to figure out how the path selector works, in order to get the choice of reward.
  • K12pK12p Posts: 7
    Maybe a dumb question, will the clue for target in solo objectives different for everyone or same ? I hope it’s different else there would be post/you tubers posting what the target is and taking out some fun :)
  • Skillful_starSkillful_star Posts: 756 ★★★
    So basically if we're talking about the tier 4 stuff,if we get the chronometer we can get a max of 12 rifts the entire month right?