**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Deadpool's Spring Cleaning Discussion

Comments

• Crumb3307Crumb3307 Posts: 339 ★★
    RogerRabs said:

Story time:
    A man named bob walks into the apple store. He came because his good friend Joe gave him a free 30 dollar visa gift card. Bob is looking around when he realizes everything is quite expensive. He finally sees that weird dark little corner where they sell useless little accessories and overpriced phone cases. He sees that he can afford one of those trendy little pop-sockets, but he wants an iphone11 pro max. He goes to the manager and complains that he can't buy anything.
    If you were the manager, what would you do? Would you give the guy a free iphone? NO.
    Think about it this way. It would make no sense for kabam to give us anything more.
    I know that it is a bad story, but it's the best I could do in 5 minutes

I don't expect FTP players to get the same level of treatment as spenders. But I think the event is a little tone deaf during a global pandemic.

If someone was selling $15 Kale smoothies next to a soup kitchen I'd think they were tone deaf too. Doesn't mean I think I deserve to get a free smoothie.
    This analogy was spot on. That scenario is exactly the same as a free game offering some purchasable items.
  • BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,280 ★★★★★
    Crumb3307 said:

RogerRabs said:

Story time:
    A man named bob walks into the apple store. He came because his good friend Joe gave him a free 30 dollar visa gift card. Bob is looking around when he realizes everything is quite expensive. He finally sees that weird dark little corner where they sell useless little accessories and overpriced phone cases. He sees that he can afford one of those trendy little pop-sockets, but he wants an iphone11 pro max. He goes to the manager and complains that he can't buy anything.
    If you were the manager, what would you do? Would you give the guy a free iphone? NO.
    Think about it this way. It would make no sense for kabam to give us anything more.
    I know that it is a bad story, but it's the best I could do in 5 minutes

I don't expect FTP players to get the same level of treatment as spenders. But I think the event is a little tone deaf during a global pandemic.

If someone was selling $15 Kale smoothies next to a soup kitchen I'd think they were tone deaf too. Doesn't mean I think I deserve to get a free smoothie.
    This analogy was spot on. That scenario is exactly the same as a free game offering some purchasable items.
    It would have worked if the free soup kitchen also sold $15 kale smoothies.
  • John757John757 Posts: 1,085 ★★★
    I want all of y’all to bring this same energy on 4th of July. And ya ya ya I know there are deals you can get with units but the other stuff you have to purchase. This is exactly like 4th of July except it is more customizable in what you can get instead of being locked into buying something you don’t want
  • H3t3rH3t3r Posts: 2,879 Guardian
    edited April 2020

There have been Arenas only accessible by purchase.

I'm assuming your referring to the Gold pool arena . Or is there another arena.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,239 ★★★★★
    H3t3r said:

There have been Arenas only accessible by purchase.

I'm assuming your referring to the Gold pool arena . Or is there another arena.
    The Deadpool Arena.
  • SolswerdSolswerd Posts: 1,860 ★★★★

Since when is a 5 star champ worth 100 this is a joke every way they put these deals it all ways leads 99.99 for a five star champ they are not worth that if you want to get me to buy this let me choose the champ I get I couldent sell 10 5 star champs for 100 done spending on this game

I'm not buying it, but to be fair it is a 5* crystal AND 3100 units....not just a 5* for 100 bucks...
  • SupremeWarlordSupremeWarlord Posts: 293
    Deadpool's spring cleaning moneygrab event, Red Room Rifts with a ton of work for a crystal with **** rewards and drop-rates as usual
    , and another moneygrab deadpool with the same **** move set. Thanks KABAM. I think I'm taking May off from this clownfiesta. I really feel like they're trying to get people to stop playing the game.
  • shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 3,243 ★★★★★

Deadpool's spring cleaning moneygrab event, Red Room Rifts with a ton of work for a crystal with **** rewards and drop-rates as usual
    , and another moneygrab deadpool with the same **** move set. Thanks KABAM. I think I'm taking May off from this clownfiesta. I really feel like they're trying to get people to stop playing the game.

Dude stop being such an ungrateful whiner good god
    If that's your reaction, a break is probably the best idea.
  • slackerslacker Posts: 772 ★★★★
    edited April 2020
    I don't understand why everytime kabam make some offers, people always complain about cash grab bla bla and bla. It like people want to get good stuff without giving anything or doing something. Like lazy people want to equal with hard-working people.
    And yet this time, kabam still give something to ftp and some people still not satisfied.

I have no complaints about the Event. Lol.
  • NeotwismNeotwism Posts: 1,803 ★★★★★
    Every year kabam has a 4th of July Sales Event and this past year they advertised a Black Friday/cyber Monday weekend sales event. Do I need to pull up the email on the cyber weekend sales event? They specifically called it an event. You had to spend cash for the deals. Kabam also gave everyone some free doubloons. That allowed everyone including f2p to take part without having to spend a dime. Since everyone could participate I don't see the problem. The acorn event has been referenced in the thread. This is just the same. IN the acorn event certain players weren't able to access all the items. In this event ppl who choose not to spend can't access all the items. It's the same difference.
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    I have to say that I disagree on this one. They gave everyone 15k doubloons and they didn't have to. It just like any other offer. I really don't feel like if they removed the word event than it would make the FTP players happy. Depending on your level this store doesn't offer anything ground breaking.
  • NOOOOOOOOPEEEEENOOOOOOOOPEEEEE Posts: 2,803 ★★★★★

I have to say that I disagree on this one. They gave everyone 15k doubloons and they didn't have to. It just like any other offer. I really don't feel like if they removed the word event than it would make the FTP players happy. Depending on your level this store doesn't offer anything ground breaking.

Did you ready literally any other comment on this post at all. Or even when this post was made. It was made before they even confirmed we got free doubloons which was confirmed in this forum. But after they confirmed we got free doubloons I had no beef at all with the event. It was gone. And now I want this post to be gone so comments like this stop **** showing up and this thread can just be done with.
  • SkyLord7000SkyLord7000 Posts: 3,999 ★★★★★
    I see it for F2P as a thousand free 6* shards
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★

Did you ready literally any other comment on this post at all. Or even when this post was made. It was made before they even confirmed we got free doubloons which was confirmed in this forum. But after they confirmed we got free doubloons I had no beef at all with the event. It was gone. And now I want this post to be gone so comments like this stop **** showing up and this thread can just be done with.
    Kabam Mike confirmed that we would be getting free doubloons before the event came out. So your entire premise is false.

Kabam Mike confirmed that we would be getting free doubloons before the event came out. So your entire premise is false.
    On this thread. That I made before the event came out and he confirmed we'd get free doubloons so your entire rebuttal is false
  • OneMast3rOneMast3r Posts: 331 ★★
    You were given a free sigil and free dabloons and your complaining you don't get enough for free? Seriously? The game is f2p because people spend money and that money is used for more ftp events. Your saying that people who spend money shouldn't get something for doing it?
  • andrade5184andrade5184 Posts: 285 ★★
    will there be a unit offer to get more debloons before the store closes?
    I feel like people are intentionally coming into this thread acting like it's new and then making competely trash hot takes now.
  • THRobinsonTHRobinson Posts: 37
    How long was this? The currency showed up, the saw the spring cleaning in the store, and 1 day later it vanished in the store before I spent anything... Was it a 1 day event?
  • OneMast3rOneMast3r Posts: 331 ★★
    Some people get stuff for free and then complain they didn't get enough free stuff. Say thank you for the freebies and move on.
  • NeotwismNeotwism Posts: 1,803 ★★★★★

How long was this? The currency showed up, the saw the spring cleaning in the store, and 1 day later it vanished in the store before I spent anything... Was it a 1 day event?

It was just a 48 hour sales event
    OneMast3r said:

Some people get stuff for free and then complain they didn't get enough free stuff. Say thank you for the freebies and move on.

Okay if you are gonna be referencing a specific person please quote the person you are referencing because guess what MOST OF THE PEOPLE WHO ORIGINALLY SUPPORTED THIS THREAD LIKE ME AFTER LEARNING WE GOT FREE DOUBLOONS ACCEPTED THEM.
  • THRobinsonTHRobinson Posts: 37
    Neotwism said:

Bummer... when it started my doubloons were 0, and the Deadpool icon was a white square... wasn't loading properly. Eventually it was showing the amount and Deadpool, but was around 1am so went to bed.

Next day the items were gone. :s

Neotwism said:

Bummer... when it started my doubloons were 0, and the Deadpool icon was a white square... wasn't loading properly. Eventually it was showing the amount and Deadpool, but was around 1am so went to bed.

Next day the items were gone. :s
    You are telling me you somehow managed to not be able to do anything for this event for a solid 48 hours straight