Auto Block

It is widely seen that iron man infinity war and modok has very high auto block proficiency an it is nearly impossible to defeat them especially iron man infinity war in aw.Are there any champs who can defeat them easily

Comments

• Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Member Posts: 4,498 ★★★★★
    yes many, bring true strike champs, Corvus destroys them both, Proxima, Medusa, CMM, Venom and some others destroy imiw. AA, KM, Ghost, Quake, Hype and some others destroy Modok
  • Sidd777Sidd777 Member Posts: 185
    I usually just parry and medium light medium modok and heavy counter iron man infinity war, but champs with true strike would be the best options
  • ZanthropicZanthropic Member Posts: 99
    Venom is my go to for IMIW but havok works pretty good also, sp3 when he is autoblock phase. U can also purposefully eat an sp1 to gain charges fast if you want to kamekaze it
  • 4dlai4dlai Member Posts: 250
    Corvus is great plus you get another charge once they die so if you go against imiw you get 3 charges and your attack goes up incredibly high
  • SupperHero4SalesSupperHero4Sales Member Posts: 85
    What about Block Penetration? DarkHawk has powerful Light/Medium/Heavy Attacks that have built-in Block Penetration amongst others. Unblockable Special Attacks would seem like an obvious Counter-Ability too.
  • Artic_ToweryArtic_Towery Member Posts: 44
    Yeah, I had the same question about IMIW, and one of the best pieces of advise I received is to watch his armor buff count. When he reaches 4 stacks, he has a 100% chance to autoblock and parry. How you avoid that is up to you though. I would suggest backing off for a bit and wait it out.

I don't know much about MODOK, so I can't really help you there, sorry. In my experience though, I would say to try and parry as many of his attacks as possible. I fight him by using only medium attacks: Parry, MM. Parry, MM ...etc. This way, you can get in the most possible damage within the stun time.

Hope this helps mate, good luck.

• PantherusNZPantherusNZ Member Posts: 2,038 ★★★★★
    In addition to specific counters, both are manageable if you understand their mechanic - because neither of them ALWAYS auto-blocks.

As said above, IMIW has a chance based on his armour stacks, so you can usually wait them out, so long as you can be patient. There are certain nodes that can take that option away of course, but they're generally only in places where you really should be bringing specific counters (i.e. True Strike)

MODOK works on a sort of timer - once you trigger his auto-block shield, it goes down for a few seconds, so you have a window to get some hits in before it comes back up and you have to rince & repeat. If you can stun him you can also use that window to wear him down. Finally his Block Proficiency is rubbish so just smacking away at him while he blocks will get him down quicker than many others.