**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Champions that need to be buffed.

There is a few issues I have with some of the power sets for champs in this game so they align better with the Marvel comics.

1) Phoenix- One of the most powerful characters in the Marvel Universe. It is sad when Nick Fury can easily defeat her.

2) Silver Surfer - Like Phoenix, he was a huge disappointment and should be "Beyond God Tier"

3) Juggaurnaut- He can rival some of the most powerful Marvel characters. If Colossus was worth a buff, Juggaurnaut should have to except even more damage.

4) Blackbolt - He whispers in the comics and destroys entire buildings. Definitely needs a buff!

5) Dr Strange - Once upon a time he was the most powerful champ in the game. Should have been buffed when they changed the entire game.

Who else would be good candidates?

Comments

• OkaythenOkaythen Posts: 590 ★★★
    I wonder how many times people are going to beat this dead horse
  • Mercury79Mercury79 Posts: 551 ★★
    edited April 2020
    I prefer sentry your list is worth too
  • Marvel2289Marvel2289 Posts: 1,008 ★★★
    edited April 2020
    Parfanity said:

There is a few issues I have with some of the power sets for champs in this game so they align better with the Marvel comics.

1) Phoenix- One of the most powerful characters in the Marvel Universe. It is sad when Nick Fury can easily defeat her.

2) Silver Surfer - Like Phoenix, he was a huge disappointment and should be "Beyond God Tier"

3) Juggaurnaut- He can rival some of the most powerful Marvel characters. If Colossus was worth a buff, Juggaurnaut should have to except even more damage.

4) Blackbolt - He whispers in the comics and destroys entire buildings. Definitely needs a buff!

5) Dr Strange - Once upon a time he was the most powerful champ in the game. Should have been buffed when they changed the entire game.

Magneto
  • ParfanityParfanity Posts: 330

Parfanity said:

Magneto
    Magneto 😍😍😍😍 Yes another good one.
  • ParfanityParfanity Posts: 330
    RookieXX said:

This is never going to end.

1) If you want a character to be buffed to the Beyond God tier to align better with the comics, then would you agree to nerf Nick Fury, Corvus Glaive and CAIW for the same purposes?

2) There are characters in the game that have MUCH less usability than the ones you mentioned. And that's where the focus should be. Usability. Not alignment to comics.

3) Kabam's interpretation of the characters, their utilities, and how those utilities interact with each other is SO MUCH better than some uniform, linear understanding of who's more powerful than who in the Marvel comics.

1) Yes I would.
    2) Unless you take any of tbe champs I mentioned to R5 and to play end game content with. You have no room to make that kind of statement.
    3) Disagree, it's a Marvel game and should follow that same alignment as the comics.

• RookiieRookiie Posts: 4,769 ★★★★★
    Parfanity said:

RookieXX said:

This is never going to end.

1) If you want a character to be buffed to the Beyond God tier to align better with the comics, then would you agree to nerf Nick Fury, Corvus Glaive and CAIW for the same purposes?

2) There are characters in the game that have MUCH less usability than the ones you mentioned. And that's where the focus should be. Usability. Not alignment to comics.

3) Kabam's interpretation of the characters, their utilities, and how those utilities interact with each other is SO MUCH better than some uniform, linear understanding of who's more powerful than who in the Marvel comics.

1) Yes I would.
    2) Unless you take any of tbe champs I mentioned to R5 and to play end game content with. You have no room to make that kind of statement.
    3) Disagree, it's a Marvel game and should follow that same alignment as the comics.

1) Fair enough, as long as you stand by your point.
    2) Your response is not relevant to my point. My point is that there are champions that are much less usable than the ones you mentioned. Like Magneto and Groot. Wouldn't you say they deserve buffs over Phoenix and Silver Surfer?
    3) Then what do you think of Kabam original characters, like Aegon, Guillotine 2099, Morningstar and Sym Supreme? Who are not only highly sought after characters but also in the God & Beyond God tier? Still think we should strictly stick to the comics?
  • MushtaqMushtaq Posts: 14
    Daredevil netflix should be buffed
  • Superchampion_Superchampion_ Posts: 172 ★★★
    Kabam has made this very clear already. This game is essentially their universe and the power scale doesn’t reflect the comics. They even mocked it in the mojo motion comic. Kabam buffs champs, not because of how strong they are in comics, but based on how much they need it in game.

With the exception of juggernaut, all of those characters are much better than the worst champs in game.

Silver surfer is certain not living up to potential, however he is not a bad champion. There is act 6 gameplay of him and he’s not terrible (though he would benefit for a rebalance giving him bigger numbers).

Nearly all 2015 champs are outdated, overly basic and useful for all endgame content. They should be the focus of reworks, not a 2019 champ Who is still better than half of the cosmic class