**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Snow/Rain background issue/bug - slow motion [Under Investigation]

StljabStljab Posts: 4
edited May 2017 in Bugs and Known Issues
Any time the snow/rain background animation appears the entire fight is in slow motion. Very difficult to block and evade. Can you please look into this.
Post edited by Kabam Wolf on

Comments

• Options
    Grimm wrote: »
    Yes. All matches with weather effects are laggy. It's been reported a few times already. Haven't seen a real response from Kabam.

just started happening to me after the update today!
  • Options
    Jackrabbit629Jackrabbit629 Posts: 1
    In act 4 chapter 6. There's a node with a question mark (5 star) that is not charge and has1%regeneration 10730 pi which is impossible to defeat because of regeneration
  • Options
    VortenusVortenus Posts: 26
    Same here. Also iPad Air.
    Maps with weather effects are unplayable.
  • Options
    MissyMissy Posts: 16
    Same here ipad air after update
  • Options
    Viz_NorvisViz_Norvis Posts: 25
    Have the same issue iPad Air 2, game is unplayable , is there a way to disable this animation?
  • Options
    I'm on an iPhone 6. It's unbearable.
  • Options
    MounirosMouniros Posts: 1
    Hello this is my first time here but this bug is just too costly to keep experiencing in game and if its happen in AQ or AW or tough arena or quest matches its instant death plz fix it asap thx
  • Options
    LinkWink10LinkWink10 Posts: 7
    I also use an iPad Air, and man of all the things that could have gone wrong, why'd it have to be this? The game is nearly impossible for me to play now because of the insane lag and input delay. I sincerely hope this gets addressed right away. This is borderline game-breaking.
  • Options
    DannyDanny Posts: 42
    Yep same here,didn't really expect anything less than a game to get worse after update...
  • Options
    RjekRjek Posts: 3
    i cant even move on snow field.
  • Options
    rudyhartrudyhart Posts: 4
    dear @Kabam Miike Im having same issue with snow field. Using iphone 6 plus. Fps is drop like hell hard to move or hit and block. Plz fix this asap or my suggest is to remove snow effect will make game run smooth. Thx
  • Options
    PaddiePaddie Posts: 28
    Same issue for me in iPad

Looking through posts for an acknowledgement
  • Options
    andyafcoandyafco Posts: 1
    Same for me on iPad air. Snow makes the game unplayable.
  • Options
    BigMoBigMo Posts: 175
    I'm over 300K rating and yet to see ANY weather ever. Not that I want to, wondering if it's due to a low end phone

I believe that Android does not have the snow/rain. I am on Android and have never had snow/rain either.
  • Options
    Kabam WolfKabam Wolf Posts: 1,277 ★★★
    Hey everyone. I'm really sorry that you all are seeing these frame rate drops with the weather effects. I'm taking this to the team right now, and I'll get back to you as soon as I have an update. Thanks so much for bearing with us on this.
  • Options
    hk_tnhk_tn Posts: 5
    I mainly play on an IPad Air aswell and i have the same lag problem with the weather. Had to go back to my IPhone 5s for now but it's good to know the problem has been recognized.
  • Options
    RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,505 ★★★★★
    Kabam Wolf wrote: »
    Hey everyone. I'm really sorry that you all are seeing these frame rate drops with the weather effects. I'm taking this to the team right now, and I'll get back to you as soon as I have an update. Thanks so much for bearing with us on this.

Thanks Wolf!
  • Options
    AEG93AEG93 Posts: 69

Thank you, hope you solve it before AQ starts again.
  • Options
    BioHaZarD007BioHaZarD007 Posts: 58

Thanks Wolf
  • Options
    BrutalDLXBrutalDLX Posts: 21
    Not sure if it's possible to disable the weather effects while this is under investigation. But, sure would be nice. Winter weather is unplayable on iPad/iPhone.
  • Options
    Drummer16Drummer16 Posts: 324 ★★
    Thanks Wolf for responding to the issue quickly and acknowledging my thread. Can't you guys just release a hotfix release that disables weather effects for the time being? I'm sure it's just a configuration value somewhere (e.g. "enableWeatherEffects=true")...have the devs set it to "false" for now and release a new build. It's much faster to just disable the effect for now than to try to figure out the root issue. No one will miss the weather effects. :)

The overall game feels faster overall except it's literally unplayable when these levels are generated. The only way to avoid complete death is to close the game and take the half-HP penalty, which is really going to suck in AQ/AW.
  • Options
    PaddiePaddie Posts: 28
    Thanks for picking up!

Will be a hard job staying alive in AW and AQ if we get unlucky on levels, and we're gonna get those levels several times every time.
  • Options
    Dmonster69Dmonster69 Posts: 15
    I also play on iPad Air 2 and levels with weather effects are completely unplayable right now!
  • Options
    silvy696silvy696 Posts: 1
    Please add an option to disable weather effects. They run fine on my device, but I find them to be a nuisance. ;) Thanks!
  • Options
    SMRkaSMRka Posts: 10
    I'm over 300K rating and yet to see ANY weather ever. Not that I want to, wondering if it's due to a low end phone
    No, I play on my iPad Air 2...
    Stljab wrote: »
    Any time the snow/rain background animation appears the entire fight is in slow motion. Very difficult to block and evade. Can you please look into this.
    The same happens to me.
  • Options
    DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,875 ★★★★★
    Really weird...using iPhone 5s and my fights in the snow have all been fine.

Not had any lag at all, playing master quests.
  • Options
    RjekRjek Posts: 3
    i also
  • Options
    Ipad air, same issues since the update, unplayable lag on any map with weather features.
    Has this been confirmed by the team to fix? Very popular arena starting tomorrow