**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Ability Accuracy Synergies

SavageSavage Posts: 621 ★★★
So I've been a bit confused for a while now regarding synergies like these. What I don't understand is if these synergies add flat percentages of ability accuracy to the champions or multiply their percentage by said amount. I want to know if these synergies are actually useful or just minor bonuses.

Comments

• Options
    Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★
    add 15% to the set percent
  • Options
    FenicoFenico Posts: 306 ★★★
    If it is flat increase, it is stated in the description. Everything else is just multiply by set percentage.
  • Options
    MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,367 ★★★★★
    edited April 2020
    Really? Kabam isn't exactly renowned for the clarity of these descriptions, y'know.

Try experimenting in ROL with the Cable/Warlock example, and see what numbers you get. A bit of experimenting tells me that it's a flat increase, even if it doesn't say so in the description.

• Options
    edited April 2020
    Can any of the mods give some insight on this? I'm still not sure if these synergies in particular are useful or not.
  • Options
    Monto_Carlos28Monto_Carlos28 Posts: 246
    They add not multiple as stated in the description.
    An example is when I took Quake again Domino. Since Quake's syn is 100% and Domino reduces AA by 15%, I wasn't able to Quake and Bake her.(100-15=85%)
    But adding BW for the syn makes her AA 100%. (100+15-15=100%).
    It helps.
  • Options
    winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,782 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Destroyer said:

I was checking out Sunspot's Champion Spotlight and the A.I.M Technology synergy with RH or Modok gives science champs up to +40% Duration and Ability Accuracy of various debuffs. Sometimes percentages are stated as being increased or decreased by a "flat" percentage or "by" a certain percentage. Is this wording consistent?

For example, with that synergy Luke Cage would either increase his base chance (30%) to place an exhaustion debuff by up to 42% if "by x%" is a percentage of his base chance or 70% if it's added to his base chance. I assume in this case that it would be 42% based on what I think is the proper reading of this particular synergy. I would also imagine that it would increase LC's base exhaustion duration (10s) to 14s if stated either way (by x% or by a flat x%).

I seem to recall some confusion with how percentages were calculated post 12.0 and I'm unclear as to whether this was ever cleared up. My question is:

With regard to a base percentages being adjusted up or down, is the terminology for percentage based increases or decreases across all of the champion's ability and synergy descriptions consistent and differentiated by either stating "by a flat x%", meaning it's added to an existing percentage or "by x%" meaning it's a percentage of an existing percentage? Thanks.

Usually when the game says "flat percentage" they mean percentage points. When they say "percent" they usually mean percent of base.

In other words, if you have a 40% chance to do something, increasing that by a "flat ten percent" increases it to 50%. Increasing that by "ten percent" increases that to 44% (10% of 40 is 4). However, the game doesn't describe things consistently or accurately in all cases, so players often have to infer which one is actually the case. Often, but not always, one of the two will make more sense in context.
  • Options
    edited April 2020

An example is when I took Quake again Domino. Since Quake's syn is 100% and Domino reduces AA by 15%, I wasn't able to Quake and Bake her.(100-15=85%)
    It helps.

Are you sure that's the case? I saw a thread from a few weeks back that she actually got crit failure against Domino. So confusing! If this is the case then can Black Widow not get up to 100% AAR at max sig with synergies?

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/190253/quake-gets-critical-failure-against-domino-with-hawkeye-synergy
  • Options

It helps.

Not saying it’s one way vs the other, BUT you do realize you probably picked the WORST EXAMPLE you could use to justify your argument one way or the other.

No matter whether you go by the “Addition/Subtraction” or by the “Multiplication” method, the (reduces Quake's 100% AA by 15%) would come out to 85% no matter which method is correct.

And then even with worst case of mathematical “ordering”, applying BW's extra 15% back in might at worst become 97.75% (or if different ordering, would be 100% either way too). Which the 97.75 is basically indistinguishable from 100% unless you take a large enough sample size of trials.
  • Options
    Is there any info on this Kabam Team? Are these ability accuracy synergies flat or not? I want to know so I can use these synergies if I want to.
  • Options