**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Quake gets critical failure against domino with Hawkeye synergy

GiomeGiome Posts: 170 ★★
Hawkeye synergy should prevent quake from getting critical failure but this happened to me in variant 4:
https://youtu.be/rupBdIlxFS4

Any idea why?

Comments

• bloodyCainbloodyCain Posts: 910 ★★★
    Domino's critical failure will not ignore anyone's ability unless that champion is specifically has "ability accuracy cannot be reduced" i.e., Mysterio and Archangel.
  • OkaythenOkaythen Posts: 590 ★★★

Domino's critical failure will not ignore anyone's ability unless that champion is specifically has "ability accuracy cannot be reduced" i.e., Mysterio and Archangel.

No it doesn’t she has a 15% AAR at the start of the fight
    The synergy is supposed to counter that
    Crit failure can apply to ALL champs if the ability does not have 100% to proc
    If sparky is getting hit he will be crit failed unless he evades
    I think it might have to do that the BW one also increases AA potency
  • BenQcSlayerBenQcSlayer Posts: 867 ★★★
    15% ability reduction might not be enough...?
  • GiomeGiome Posts: 170 ★★
    zZayTtay said:

Yeah that definitely should not be happening.

I agree if your read her description and the synergy description there should be no critical failure. Maybe I am missing something but this looks like a bug
  • noldnold Posts: 30
    edited April 2020
    It could be the order of operations....

If Domino's -15% AA is applied first, you will have 85% AA.

If the synergy is then applied, and adds it's 15% to 85%, then you have 97.75% AA

edit: Actually this works both ways, regardless of which is applied first - you always end up with 97.75%, as long as the second modifier is applied to the result of the first...
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    nold said:

If the synergy is then applied, and adds it's 15% to 85%, then you have 97.75% AA

edit: Actually this works both ways, regardless of which is applied first - you always end up with 97.75%, as long as the second modifier is applied to the result of the first...

They typically operate on the base value. Domino would take 15/100 and HE would add 15/100.

Wouldn’t be surprised if HE is actually giving +15% offensive/defensive AA instead of AA given how they have explained his contribution in the past.

“Meanwhile, Hawkeye's synergy works for the entire team that you bring. That one just affects the accuracy of status effects. That means abilities like Hawkeye's Hemorrhage also status effects like Black Panther's CW Armor ups will trigger more often. Hope you guys have fun with this new synergy!”

• TheBestinTuakauTheBestinTuakau Posts: 955 ★★★
    You get critical failure if one of your abilities fail to trigger. When you first held heavy, your concussion didn't apply on Domino hence why you got critical failure
  • Amadeo01Amadeo01 Posts: 212 ★★★

You get critical failure if one of your abilities fail to trigger. When you first held heavy, your concussion didn't apply on Domino hence why you got critical failure

Right but with Hawkeye synergy, it should offset Domino's ability accuracy reduction so abilities shouldn't fail.
  • GiomeGiome Posts: 170 ★★
    nold said:

This sounds like a reasonable explanation. Only thing I don't get though should this be the case for BW synergy too? I have never seen any crit failure against her.