**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Who should I R4 first? Nick OR Doom?

VIRTUOSO47VIRTUOSO47 Posts: 35
edited April 2020 in Strategy and Tips
As luck would have it, I pulled a 5* Dr. Doom the other day. Awakened him with a mystic gem and R3ed him. Later that day, I finished exploring Act 5.3 and pulled a 5* skill awakening gem. I had pulled Nick Fury a very long time ago and finally awakened him with the gem and R3ed him. Now, I wonder, who should I R4 first? I will eventually R4 both but the confusion is killing me. Fury does have ridiculous damage but only in his final phase. I am a bit of a scrub so I have reservations about ranking him up, since his final phase needs skill to pull off. Doom on the other hand is very scrub friendly(hehehe) because of his high block prof, armor and crit resistance. What do you guys think? Should I R4 Doom or Fury? If I get a bit more confident with Fury, my preference would be him but any advice on how to master him would also be appreciated. My champs already at R4 are Sparky and Havok.

Comments

• Options
    Suman_sahASuman_sahA Posts: 417
    nick is also good in his first phase, u can shred any champ who bleeds including the evade/miss champs. i would r4 first nick then doom.

u can do dooms work with a sym supreme or black widow cv even as 4*. i have problems in fighting evade champs rather than hyperion etc cause in case of evade i m not sure when they will evade & instantly counter me into the oblivion. power gain fights are a bit easier than evade fights. thats why i would like nick over doom...
  • Options
    edited April 2020

nick is also good in his first phase, u can shred any champ who bleeds including the evade/miss champs. i would r4 first nick then doom.

u can do dooms work with a sym supreme or black widow cv even as 4*. i have problems in fighting evade champs rather than hyperion etc cause in case of evade i m not sure when they will evade & instantly counter me into the oblivion. power gain fights are a bit easier than evade fights. thats why i would like nick over doom...

For Nick Fury to be a reliable evade counter, he needs to lose his LMD, bro.In his normal phase, he has to fire off two SP1s back to back to get enough charges, which is not viable in most cases. For evade countering, again, I will have to play at his high skill second phase. If I am to use him as an evade counter, I need the advice of a hardcore NF veteran.
    Thanks for taking the time to reply.

• Options
    4dlai4dlai Posts: 250
    Nick is good but tbh he doesnt rly need that ag but i would probably still go doom hes a beast
  • Options
    4dlai said:

Nick is good but tbh he doesnt rly need that ag but i would probably still go doom hes a beast

Yes, Doom doesn't need the AG but it was a mystic AG and it was lying around for ages, so I just decided to chuck it in and be done with it. Doom is really a beast. Completely shuts down champs with RIDICULOUS power gain.
  • Options
    Need help guys, someone please.
  • Options
    The content that I need champs to clear right now is Act 5.4 (haven't started) and UC event quest (started completing 4 months ago but any extra help would be great). Need to know which champ is better for these two pieces.
  • Options
    EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★

The content that I need champs to clear right now is Act 5.4 (haven't started) and UC event quest (started completing 4 months ago but any extra help would be great). Need to know which champ is better for these two pieces.

Nick
  • Options
    Etjama said:

Nick
    Wow. That was concise. May I ask why, please?
  • Options
    EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★

Etjama said:

Nick
    Miss counter, evade counter, insane damage, fully unlockable, ability accuracy reduction, stun immune, don't have to worry about dying in the first phase cause it just makes you stronger, amazing synergies that benefit everyone.

These 2 character are my favorite in the game and I'm super jealous, but Doom doesn't have quite as much to bring to the table. Plus if you're looking clear 5.4 and UC EQ's, Nick's damage makes those fights go by in a second. Plus he counters most bosses to come to the UC EQ.
  • Options
    Sidd777Sidd777 Posts: 166
    You probably want to rank up nick first since his bleeds will hit harder and etc. Doom will still have his insane power control at r3, and nick gains a lot more from the extra damage imo so awaken nick and r4 him first
  • Options
    H3t3rH3t3r Posts: 2,879 Guardian
    If you need to do 5.4 then nick very easy choice.
  • Options
    DarkEternityDarkEternity Posts: 784 ★★★★
    You are asking a question that you seem to have decided already.

4dlai said:

Yes, Doom doesn't need the AG but it was a mystic AG and it was lying around for ages, so I just decided to chuck it in and be done with it. Doom is really a beast. Completely shuts down champs with RIDICULOUS power gain.
    You clearly favor Doom, so why not go for him? I'm speaking from experience, I have a 3* NF that I used to knock RoL Captain Marvel in 400 hits (very impressive for a max 3*). My 5* Doom isn't especially fun for me to play and I don't enjoy him as much as I do NF. I have a 3* Doom I practiced with before getting my 5* he took around 600-700 hits to kill RoL Captain Marvel. On top of that, I've taken my 3* NF into 5.4 to pair with my 5* Sparkles and he actually destroys many of the matchups in there, no questions asked. With a 5* even at R3 you should be able to see that NF has more overall utility and damage than any Doom. 5.4 and even 6.1 would be arguably easier with NF. NF will also be able to demolish many of the challenging matchups in UC EQ. If you enjoy Doom, by all means, rank him. Just a forewarning that Doom is not as effective in content as Nick Fury imho.
  • Options
    Etjama said:

Etjama said:

Nick
    Miss counter, evade counter, insane damage, fully unlockable, ability accuracy reduction, stun immune, don't have to worry about dying in the first phase cause it just makes you stronger, amazing synergies that benefit everyone.

These 2 character are my favorite in the game and I'm super jealous, but Doom doesn't have quite as much to bring to the table. Plus if you're looking clear 5.4 and UC EQ's, Nick's damage makes those fights go by in a second. Plus he counters most bosses to come to the UC EQ.
    That makes sense. Just concerned my scrub a** will be able to maintain him long enough to defeat the boss. We'll have to see, I guess. NF, it is. Thanks, mate.
  • Options
    Sidd777 said:

You probably want to rank up nick first since his bleeds will hit harder and etc. Doom will still have his insane power control at r3, and nick gains a lot more from the extra damage imo so awaken nick and r4 him first

That is a VERY valid point. Doom will be able to do his job fine, even at R3, that is, power control. Fury gets better at his job of dealing damage when at R4. Thank you, my friend.
  • Options
    H3t3r said:

If you need to do 5.4 then nick very easy choice.

Nick, it is, then. Thanks bro
  • Options

You are asking a question that you seem to have decided already.

4dlai said:

You clearly favor Doom, so why not go for him? I'm speaking from experience, I have a 3* NF that I used to knock RoL Captain Marvel in 400 hits (very impressive for a max 3*). My 5* Doom isn't especially fun for me to play and I don't enjoy him as much as I do NF. I have a 3* Doom I practiced with before getting my 5* he took around 600-700 hits to kill RoL Captain Marvel. On top of that, I've taken my 3* NF into 5.4 to pair with my 5* Sparkles and he actually destroys many of the matchups in there, no questions asked. With a 5* even at R3 you should be able to see that NF has more overall utility and damage than any Doom. 5.4 and even 6.1 would be arguably easier with NF. NF will also be able to demolish many of the challenging matchups in UC EQ. If you enjoy Doom, by all means, rank him. Just a forewarning that Doom is not as effective in content as Nick Fury imho.
    First of all, I would like to thank you very much for taking the time to give me a comprehensive analysis from your experience playing both champions. Now, I genuinely like playing NF more. Not saying that I don't like Doom, he is a beast. My only concern was that with NF's on the edge play style, I would not be able to utilize him to the fullest. Some argue that NF can also be played in that first phase but all of his utility comes in at that second phase and attaining and sustaining it in the first phase is bothersome, to say the least. At my stage of progression, R4 is a big deal and I don't want to rank him up only to find he is not viable later on (due to my being a scrubby dub dub). Like you mentioned, when I play him at R3, in monthly EQ UC final chapter, he is only good for a limited number of fights in that second phase. Maybe I am a scrub? That should change when I R4 him, because I will have more health in second phase once he is R4, right? And also, saying I am a scrub and choosing the easy option instead of going for the harder, better option does not sound like what I should do. Guess I will have to learn how to play NF better. Any tips I may find handy? Again, thank you so much for your insightful reply.
  • Options
    KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★
    Both are great, Doctor Doom imo.
  • Options

Again, very concise bro. I don't do concise. Do you mind telling me why I should go for Doom?
  • Options
    DarkEternityDarkEternity Posts: 784 ★★★★

Again, very concise bro. I don't do concise. Do you mind telling me why I should go for Doom?
    Do you know... what concise means? lmao. Obviously you must do concise since you want so much information when you have plenty in this thread .-.
  • Options

Here is a screenshot of my 5* roster. Before you say anything, I do not plan on doing any content that requires him, any time soon so Aegon sits on the bench. Planning on awakening him this month, though, just in case.
  • Options

Do you know... what concise means? lmao. Obviously you must do concise since you want so much information when you have plenty in this thread .-.
    Oops. My bad. I meant that the reply has LESS info. Should have known the meaning before I used the word. Hehehe.