**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Hunting for 5* AG with Rift Detector: sure and not sure

ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
In short, so far what I’m sure are:
1. Obtain keycard by defeating specific target champ (hint to be released per day)
2. Use that keycard to fight in Epic red room and obtain 258 intel per path completion (9030 Intel in total if complete all epic during the month)
3. Use that intel to exchange “Rift Detector”, or a bundle of “Rift Detector+Chorometer”, T4 Rift Detector cost 500 intel (limit to 18) and the bundle cost 3000 intel (limit to 1)
4. Enter and complete T4 Rift, player can obtain reward by chance based on the following chart:

5. If you use the chronometer, you can choose the path/reward by yourself

What I’m not sure are:
1. Whether the class AG are the same for everyone per day (I.e. all get the same class AG on particular day) or it’s random
2. Player who entered the Rift can “go out” and exchange the chronometer, then back to the Rift

Strategy (depends on unsure part)
1. Save 3500 intel first, then use 500 intel to enter T4 Rift and see whether the class AG you want are in the path (if AG class is the same for everyone each day then chronometer might be meaningless)
2. If you find the class AG you want, go out of Rift (not exit the Rift) and then buy the bundle and apply that chronometer to select the path you like.

Am I correct above? Anything to add? Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    You should be able to go out of the rift(not leave) and buy the chronometer and use it. The strategy you wrote is the one I've also thought if and the one in probably gonna use
  • Options

You should be able to go out of the rift(not leave) and buy the chronometer and use it. The strategy you wrote is the one I've also thought if and the one in probably gonna use

Yeah coz I saw many posts with explanation like an essay. I thought it should be that simple.
  • Options
    GinjabredMonstaGinjabredMonsta Posts: 6,454 Guardian
    edited May 2020
    Cant you just buy the chronometer and then enter the rift? If you dont wanna use it then you take the random path
  • Options
    winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,785 ★★★★★
    edited May 2020
    The class AG is randomised, what you see is not what I will see.

I don't see the advantage to not have the chronometer when entering the rift. Is it not better to have it when entering the rift rather than switch 'window' to purchase it.
  • Options
    hawk34hawk34 Posts: 41
    edited May 2020
    For 1) the AGs are randomized each rift.
    For 2) according to this-

As long as you don't Quit the Quest, yes you can! The Chronometer is just a key that opens a gate to a Portal that allows you to choose a Path.

You should be able to.

I don't see the advantage to not have the chronometer when entering the rift. Is it not better to have it when entering the rift rather than switch 'window' to purchase it.

One possible advantage could be not having to buy the chronometer early. Say I want a skill ag and in my first rift, before I've bought the chronometer I luck out and get the ag. Now I don't have any reason to buy the chronometer and can instead get the 5 extra random rewards.

• Options
    winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,785 ★★★★★
    The difference is really the wait.

I wait and don't enter rift till I have the chronometer.
    So, I have a couple runs to hope the correct class appear.

If don't wait, there are a number of tries till the wait comes. Now, there is no choice and still having the risk of not having the right class.

Meanwhile, it is the chance to gamble.
    I remember in last rift, also every single run was sig stones.
  • Options
    OneMast3rOneMast3r Posts: 331 ★★
    So we can keep a party locked to the quest until we buy the item to pick our path?
  • Options
    OneMast3r said:

So we can keep a party locked to the quest until we buy the item to pick our path?

Or you can buy it first and then go in. You don't need to use it right away, but if you see an item you want to use it on or nees, the you take the chrono path. If not, take the random path.
  • Options
    edited May 2020

Cant you just buy the chronometer and then enter the rift? If you dont wanna use it then you take the random path

Chronometer+Rift Detector bundle cost 3000 intel = 6 trial to T4 Rift. Chronometer is NOT a must to buy if you obtain the AG you want by chance. You buy the bundle earlier meaning you give up additional 5 trials (I.e. 18 - 5 = 13).
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    Some discussions between few players in another post, which last for over few pages with over 1000 words, are just focused on ONE debate:

“Why not acquire the chronometer in advance? No harm!”

As stated by @hawk34 , The answer is: it is a trade-off of 5 T4 Rift trial. You trade-off something certain (ie chronometer) with more chances (ie 5 additional T4 Rift Detectors). That’s the basis of strategy in post No.1.
  • Options
    SparkfistSparkfist Posts: 13
    Buy the chronometer first. It comes with a detector. When you go into your rift look at the reward and you can choose to use the chronometer or not. It’s best to get it ASAP to increase the randomized options.
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    Sparkfist said:

Buy the chronometer first. It comes with a detector. When you go into your rift look at the reward and you can choose to use the chronometer or not. It’s best to get it ASAP to increase the randomized options.

To buy chronometer, you need to save 3000 intel. Why not saving extra 500 intel in 2 more days? You can enter T4 Red Rift many times within one day as the quest reset itself, and class AG is random as well.
  • Options
    SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 10,649 Guardian
    Original questions in these 3 new threads today have each been answered for their “asker”.

Above and beyond that is basically turning these new ones into the exact same discussions already taking place in the earlier one.
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,549 ★★★★★
    edited May 2020
    There is also the possibility that you (a) save intel and buy the chronometer before you run a single rift and (b) you then run all 13 rifts and never see that one special thing you want.

My math may be off, but I believe there’s approximately an 11% chance that happens, assuming normal stat distribution.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    ẞlооdẞlооd Posts: 2,005 ★★★★
    DrZola said:

There is also the possibility that you (a) save intel and buy the chronometer before you run a single rift and (b) you then run all 13 rifts and never see that one special thing you want.

My math may be off, but I believe there’s approximately an 11% chance that happens, assuming normal stat distribution.

Dr. Zola

That's I'm going to do. There might be a better way, but I'm not gonna rack my brain any further on this equation of an event quest..
  • Options
    AleorAleor Posts: 3,055 ★★★★★
    Best strategy, if you need a specific gem:
    Start rift you can buy chronometer later
    Buy it, if you see a gem you're looking for
    If you didn't find it up to latest rift with 3k rift currency, you can then still run 6 more rifts to get the gem you want
  • Options
    ẞlооd said:

DrZola said:

Dr. Zola

That's I'm going to do. There might be a better way, but I'm not gonna rack my brain any further on this equation of an event quest..
    Same, ima just save up for the rift. I ran the first one just to try, but I like the thought of controlling destiny, plus it is the easier method
  • Options

Original questions in these 3 new threads today have each been answered for their “asker”.

Above and beyond that is basically turning these new ones into the exact same discussions already taking place in the earlier one.

Nope, the purpose of this post is to clarify the unsure points and unite thoughts on the best strategy in approaching this EQ, in order to get the AG you want. No long essay, no value at risk, no Ito lemma and no poisson distribution.