**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Should I get a class awakening gem for Sentinel or Night Thrasher from this months rifts?

I have both of them as 5 stars and heard good things about them, but quite a few people said they're better awakened so I wanted to know which one was worth it more.

Should I get a class awakening gem for Sentinel or Night Thrasher from this months rifts? 15 votes

Sentinel
33%
ThatGuyYouSaw235RazeStrikeBonzodavidLollapaloozaLil_Lasagna 5 votes
Night Thrasher
66%
Magrailothosege999menStarKillerVIIKDSuperFlash10Crazy_JamieZeezoosAlexAvalonddomUmbertoDelRioYcats 10 votes

Comments

• Kevo9513Kevo9513 Posts: 356 ★★
    Sentinel and Nightthrasher are two different classes. Do you have both a skill gem and tech?

• LOGAN1738LOGAN1738 Posts: 19
    @Kevo9513 I could because I'm planning on getting a chronometer for this month's rifts, so I can choose which class awakening gem I want. That's why I'm asking which one is better, because I want to know which class awakening gem I should go for. But I probably should've made that more clear, sorry about that I don't use the forums often.
    It’s fine!

Tbh I wouldn’t awaken any of them unless the top class champs were awakened.

Tech: ghost
    Skill: Aegon nickfury stealthy

Night monkey needs very high sig.

@Kevo9513 thank you for the advice! I've been trying to pull one of the top tier champs for a while but no luck haha. Here's hoping in the next one!
  • Monto_Carlos28Monto_Carlos28 Posts: 246
    Yeah don't use the gems on any of them. If you don't have anyone good, it's probably better to go for that Skill gem.
    Showing your roster would help too!

There’s my 5* roster I don’t think I missed anybody who’s good but let me know if I did please!
  • MikeyBoi69MikeyBoi69 Posts: 139
    edited May 2020
    If you do get a gem id suggest rather saving it for a god tier of that class. Even late game gems are pretty rare
    Skill would be much better used on a future aegon or nick and tech should be saved for ghost or SL
    If I were you, I’d take a mutant gem. A lot of the top mutant champs benefit from being awakened and you’ll have a higher chance of using it early. Still RNG based, but better chances.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,346 ★★★★★
    Night Thrasher
    Night Thrasher is more than good enough to justify being Awakened.

So is Sentinel, but NT gains more from it; with a major offensive upgrade.

Choosing a gem for a future champ you may never pull isn't really sensible. Pull a skill Gem for Nick Fury? It won't help when you pull CAIW. Pull a mutant gem for Omega Red? That isn't going to help when you pull Ghost.

Even if you pull the champ of your dreams in two years time, imagine what that Awakened Sentinel/NT could achieve in that time!
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Kevo9513 said:

It’s fine!

Tbh I wouldn’t awaken any of them unless the top class champs were awakened.

Tech: ghost
    Skill: Aegon nickfury stealthy

Night monkey needs very high sig.

Night monkey doesn’t need his sig
  • Player1994Player1994 Posts: 793 ★★★
    none of them booth are a waste of AG specially night thrasher he hits like a puppy
  • Tru100Tru100 Posts: 260 ★★
    Doesn't NT need more stones/sig level than Sentinel? He's kinda high maintenance imo, especially if one of your first awakened 5*.

Sentinel is a cheat code for one of the Variants, and I think a little more immediately useful/versatile. But they're both probably similar tier/level of champion. Maybe just pick who you have more fun playing.