**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Act 7 Beta thoughts

SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★
As someone who isn’t in the beta, what’s it’s like? Fun, not fun?

Comments

• TheInfintyTheInfinty Posts: 1,382 ★★★★

Looks sick from watching seatins stream

Too many paths for my liking
    Well there are only 3 quests in total but there are 9 paths compared to 6 quests and 6 paths I think it’s a fair trade off it’s now 27 paths vs 36 paths. Which means less time.
  • TheInfintyTheInfinty Posts: 1,382 ★★★★

Well there are only 3 quests in total but there are 9 paths compared to 6 quests and 6 paths I think it’s a fair trade off it’s now 27 paths vs 36 paths. Which means less time.
    But that’s also assuming the other 2 quests are 9 paths

• StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★

Also assuming that the chapter really is only 3 quests, which I think would be nice, especially if each quest is 9 paths. I think it'd be a really nice change up
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★

Also assuming that the chapter really is only 3 quests, which I think would be nice, especially if each quest is 9 paths. I think it'd be a really nice change up
    Pretty sure they’ll release levels 4-6 in a few days. Or a different beta all together.

Similar to how they did 6.4 beta.
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Looks like more ghost fiesta, not complaining as the owner of a rank 2 ghost planning on going for legends
  • Beta Testers: The Beta Test Forum is open. Go take a look for important information on this Act and Chapter, including the number of Quests and Paths.
  • RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,399 ★★★★★
    Jaded said:

Pretty sure they’ll release levels 4-6 in a few days. Or a different beta all together.

Similar to how they did 6.4 beta.
    Nope beta lasts till 11th...wednesday modok quest opens and friday GP so overall cant move forward till wednesday
  • ThebgjThebgj Posts: 635 ★★
    edited May 2020
    Jaded said:

Honestly I logged into it, joined the quest, checked out the map and logged out. Quality of life to the game is bad right now, the amount of lanes makes me think twice about doing it. Just my opinion.

I did the exact same thing. I read one of the nodes and then quit. I don’t want to think when I fight, I don’t want to put anymore thought into my every fight, every path...no thanks.

And I agree, too long and too many lanes.

Me
  • RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,399 ★★★★★

That is what i am wondering as well, like every beta for Act 6 had 6 boss quests but we have 3 bosses so if this is true then its a nice change indeed and sorta like similar format for the first 2 variants
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Thebgj said:

Jaded said:

Honestly I logged into it, joined the quest, checked out the map and logged out. Quality of life to the game is bad right now, the amount of lanes makes me think twice about doing it. Just my opinion.

I did the exact same thing. I read one of the nodes and then quit. I don’t want to think when I fight, I don’t want to put anymore thought into my every fight, every path...no thanks.

And I agree, too long and too many lanes.

Me
    I’m assuming having 3 quests is meant to make up for the large amount of lanes, but from the streams I’ve watched it doesn’t look like an improvement on act 6 at all
  • Frivolousz21Frivolousz21 Posts: 438 ★★★
    I was really hoping for something special like secondary awakened abilities.

Just the same old same old
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★
    If they keep it at three quests, then the amount (and length) of paths will be fine. But if it’s six, then I won’t think about exploring it when I get there.
  • SuperiorSveeSuperiorSvee Posts: 51
    It’s only 3 quests. So 27 paths total. It’s a good step. Good job Kabam. I take back my above post. You learned and I’m very happy.
  • DalBotDalBot Posts: 1,616 ★★★★★
    edited May 2020

It’s only 3 quests. So 27 paths total. It’s a good step. Good job Kabam. I take back my above post. You learned and I’m very happy.

Just because it only shows three quests now doesn't mean it'll be three quests when it's released
  • ChriissRChriissR Posts: 650 ★★★★
    DalBot said:

Just because it only shows three quests now doesn't mean it'll be three quests when it's released
    They confirmed it's only 3 quests on the Beta forums.
  • ThatGuyYouSaw235ThatGuyYouSaw235 Posts: 3,145 ★★★★★
    I just find it interesting that we have a MODOK champion fusion as a boss, I remember playing the original MODOK quest but I was on hiatus during the second MODOK quest.
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★

I just find it interesting that we have a MODOK champion fusion as a boss, I remember playing the original MODOK quest but I was on hiatus during the second MODOK quest.

Here’s hoping it’s not a filler
  • AmonthirAmonthir Posts: 754 ★★★
    Nakuul said:

Beta Testers: The Beta Test Forum is open. Go take a look for important information on this Act and Chapter, including the number of Quests and Paths.

I'm not seeing the Beta Forum. To confirm, I am in the beta test.

Same here. Is this common for betas?