**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

In lieu of the recent rewards exploit and the actions taken to rectify the mistakes

WOKWOK Posts: 468 ★★
edited September 2017 in Suggestions and Requests
I was one of the undisclosed number of players that had received extra rewards from the recent "game exploit". A term Im not very comfortable being casually branded on to those that were the recipients of extra rewards, especially before any valid evidence was gathered and examined to determine whether or not a player had truly acted egregiously to gain underhanded benefits by blatantly abusing the flaw in game to obtain them, or whether the evidence proved that a player happened to be in a situation which was unavoidable given that the issue was discovered after the fact and Kabam had not given any notice or announcement to avoid certain game content until further notice. I am also uncomfortable with the actions that were taken by "administration" to rectify the mistaken issuance of rewards. I have not made a formal complaint, and see no substantial benefit in contacting "support" for compensation of some " lost items", and also do not feel there is a need to post a detailed explanation to defend myself of any wrongdoing because the truth is already known, but I cannot condone or defend what took place during the "fix". I never found it an issue when it was announced that it will be investigated and any mistakenly issued rewards would be confiscated. But on an unannounced, unspecified day or days, unbeknownst to me, admin had accessed my acct inventory and taken whatever they had taken but it was very noticable that they took more than what they rightfully should have. There was no prior contact with me, there was no explanation of the results of the investigation, and there was no itemized description list of what they were going to take. Its one thing to say kabam is the owner of the the acct and the digital assets within it, but its another when no consideration is given to the user of the acct. Whom Kabam had granted rights to use it as their own, and linked to their personal email address and password. I would have thought a more acceptable way to handle such a situation would be to #1 send correspondence to me explaining the results of the investigation, #2 given me an inventory list of items they found were received by mistake and the intention to recover those items along with an opportunity for me to dispute any item reversal and provide evidence supporting it. #3 apologized for the inconvenience the error in game had caused and the fact I was involuntarily subjected to be entangled in the mess with no prior warning on how to have avoided it altogether. And lastly given me a specific timeframe when these actions would take place. None of that happened, and the only thing I received was a msg that expressed to a certain degree that I was not found to have intentionally abused the "exploit" and lucky to have avoided being banned. I sincerely suggest that Kabam administration reevaluate their protocols for situations that require taking action, and if they have no protocols, take the time to immediately create them with a focus on proper provider/user service relations. Thank you

Comments

• Options
    Jon8299Jon8299 Posts: 1,067 ★★★
    They'll never let you defend yourself. I'm sorry but it's true. They do their investigation, which never involves questioning the people thwy investigate and what ever result they arrive at is final.

Even after they won't tell you why you've been banned or what you did wrong to recieve any punishement.
  • Options
    @Jon8299 I dont agree fully with that type of Judge/jury/executioner, but respect and accept it if they choose to have it that way. In my particular situation, I'm actually not too concerned about defending myself as I had stated, but much more concerned with the idea that at the very least we the player/users should be given prior notice of when/what/where/how that some sort of action is going to be taken on our accts and the contents within them. TBH, I personally would have been ok(dissapointed yes, but ok) with them contacting me and informed me thst they will be removing such and such items on moday afternoon. And that would have been the end of it really. Its Just that the current "status quo" screams of non conformity to me in an environment that I believe somewhat demands it. I failed to mention this, but something else that reinforced this idea for me was that the 1st day I noticed the changes, I noted down what I had left. I periodically checked my inventory through the course of a few days, and the numbers kept shifting back and forth on maybe 75% of my catalyst inventory. I cant understand why that would be the case if solid evidence was found and determined. It salmost as if there was some uncertainty as to exactly how much was in error and was being calculates/guestimated "on the fly". Its my honest intention for this post to have something positive to surface that will help strengthen the relationship and build better communication between the community and Kabam. From the majority of posts I've read since joining in, it seems that its a strained relationship at best currently and something should be done to try and repair it rather than pointing fingers or just looking past everything. I have no doubt in my mind that situations like mine can only hurt everyone involved and we need to be diligent in finding a reasonable solution before its too late.
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    It is too late, they would rather change some visuals in the game rather than upgrade champs to be useful in the current version of the game.

It's not easy what we ask for, but if they stopped coming out with new event quests and instead focused on what we already have and change the rewards and refresh everything, people would be happy.
  • Options
    @Jon8299 I can't say I disagree with your thoughts. I have witnessed with my own eyes and experienced in gameplay a number of issues that for the most part seem to have gone unanswered to a degree and I share in the frustrations as well. But that is in all honesty my personal assumption based on an idea of what I think is the norm. And speaking objectively, that is one of the handful of reason why I feel that certain protocols should be adhered to and also made transparent to the community so that we have something to go by and help us help each other instead of the all to commonplace assumption as if we actually know what takes place or needs to be done and how long it takes in house to find a solution to an issue.
  • Options
    Similar happened to me. got the message on aug30 that I wasnt an exploiter but did benefit. I had been close to completing my 5* so when it formed i opened and took to R2. Kabam took champ away and i noticed on Aug23 my 4 and 5* shards were both at zero which seemed odd but must have been from that too. So i lost those shards, the almost 10k 5* shards I already had and resources used to R2 the champ. Moral of the story is share the experience with the community and DONT SPEND MONEY ON THE GAME UNLESS KABAM CORRECT THEIR EGREGIOUS EXCESSIVE actions. I have put in a ticket asking them to review my account for this but they just reply with what seems like a generic response for this incident because this is a common complaint and thats theor solution, lazy and poor customer service.
  • Options
    BlueDevilsBlueDevils Posts: 18
    The same thing happened to my wife's account no.brainer. She lost 10k 5 star shards and a tier 4 class catalysts. She has submitted tickets showing receipts of purchasing July 4th deals that include 5 star shards and the tier 4 class catalysts deals with screenshots and an accounting to show that they got it wrong. All she received back is the standard reply about the exploit, without anyone actually taking a close look. If CASH PURCHASES aren't honored, then I think this sets a bad precedent about players making purchases in the future. Why pay if we don't know they won't just remove the items at a future date?
  • Options
    Dave_the_destroyerDave_the_destroyer Posts: 981 ★★
    edited September 2017
    And doing all that you ask for EVERY player that benefited unfairly as you did would literally take so many resources and man-hours and costs therefore for Kabam that it would be impossible!

Then how long do you give each and every affected account to reply to the 1st message to disagree (coz none will agree im sure) with the items to be taken?

Then once the effect accounts actually reply and say they disagree what do you do next? Take more time and more members of staff to look into every case AGAIN to see if the 1st decision was fair or too much. Again, all the time the players are still gaining more in-game from resources they should not have had. Then you want them to contact each account again with their decision and proofs listed for the accounts to check and see if they agree now

Then even if they don't agree and Kabam take what they say, I guarantee literally everyone will raise a ticket to say they disagree again, and they will all have to be looked into again, with numerous messages on each claim

Then a lot will come on the forums and start complaining yet again

Then while you waiting for this to happen, what about the extra benefits the accounts are still getting in-game by using characters they shouldn't have or should have ranked up by using the unfairly received awards? Do you then have to work out that as well, contact the accounts again and start the process all over again for these rewards?

So everything else in-game would be put on hold to help all the people such as you that helped themselves in the first place? The rest of the players suffer again just for you and your kind????

None of the players that benefited such as you ever seem to work into what should be taken off you the extra rewards and benefits you got by using the unfair resources you choose to take. You want only the exact number of items taken from you for the glitch, that is unfair and you should lose EVERYTHING the glitch allowed you to gain on that day and the days after as well

And as to the apology??? What for exactly? You know approx the rewards you get for in-game events. You would have realised that getting 2 years (or even just 2 whole months worth) of rewards in 1 day was not right. You then decided to carry on anyway. You and the others made that decision so you could benefit. You didnt do it to help anyone else apart from yourselves, you didnt consider the rest of the players, but now you come on here asking us to offer you sympathy and Kabam apologise for a decision YOU made?

• Options
    edited September 2017
    WOK wrote: »
    @Jon8299 something else that reinforced this idea for me was that the 1st day I noticed the changes, I noted down what I had left. I periodically checked my inventory through the course of a few days,.

This to me shows that you knew that the rewards you got were achieved unfairly, or else why do it? You did it so if Kabam said you had taken advantage of the glitch (which you did) you could then tell them "well I only gained these items, so thats all you can take back"

There is literally no other reason at all why on this occasion you chose to note these items, a sure admission of guilt whatever you come back with. You write it as something you ONLY chose to do on this occasion, why would you do that if you were completely innocent and had no idea that this was a glitch as you keep claiming?

• Options
    WOK wrote: »
    @Jon8299 I have no doubt in my mind that situations like mine can only hurt everyone involved and we need to be diligent in finding a reasonable solution before its too late.

Then we have this beauty as well!

The only people hurt as you claim was actually not even one person? People who benefitted lost what they got unfairly, that's not causing hurt, that's fixing a wrong

No-one who didn't abuse the glitch got hurt, but they got hurt by you actions in the first place

There is no other solution needed for this, never mind the dramatic "too late" claim!! You benefited unfairly, you then lost those unfair advantages, story over

• Options
    edited September 2017
    Moral of the story is share the experience with the community and DONT SPEND MONEY ON THE GAME UNLESS KABAM CORRECT THEIR EGREGIOUS EXCESSIVE actions

DISAGREE, moral of the story is actually keep to the in-game rules and don try to get an unfair advantage over EVERY OTHER PLAYER IN THE GAME by abusing a glitch. Another moral could be, don't think you deserve sympathy for basically cheating at the game to the detriment of everyone else

Never mind the extra rewards you got using this character at a level you shouldnt of had, what happens to those, you just keep them? But you also want Kabam to go into every account and count what was used etc and take it back to what it was before you used an unfair advantage. To do that on the tens of thousands of accounts separately would take so many resources and time just to help people who cheated the game in the first place?

• Options
    KpatrixKpatrix Posts: 1,055 ★★★
    We should all know by now that Kabam plays by one set of rules; those that benefit them. They are never wrong, never make mistakes that hurt players, (at least not accidentally), and never apologize for their mistakes. They are the government you are warned about and the greedy corporation you read about, and we are all their enablers.
  • Options
    Kpatrix wrote: »
    We should all know by now that Kabam plays by one set of rules; those that benefit them. They are never wrong, never make mistakes that hurt players, (at least not accidentally), and never apologize for their mistakes. They are the government you are warned about and the greedy corporation you read about, and we are all their enablers.

Take it you're another that benefited by abusing the glitch then? Was that not a self-centered greedy-grab by you then?
  • Options
    BlueDevils wrote: »
    The same thing happened to my wife's account no.brainer. She lost 10k 5 star shards and a tier 4 class catalysts. She has submitted tickets showing receipts of purchasing July 4th deals that include 5 star shards and the tier 4 class catalysts deals with screenshots and an accounting to show that they got it wrong. All she received back is the standard reply about the exploit, without anyone actually taking a close look. If CASH PURCHASES aren't honored, then I think this sets a bad precedent about players making purchases in the future. Why pay if we don't know they won't just remove the items at a future date?

If what you say is true, then you should try and get a refund from the app store.
  • Options
    HailTheGreat1HailTheGreat1 Posts: 40
    edited September 2017
    Blue Devil I agree with John and your wife should be refunded for the purchase. She purchased shards and cats, not energy refills to exploit the Kabam created glitch.

Dave the D - the game essentially trains you to tap through game reward screen to push through content (legend time runs and arena) rarely do I bother looking at those screens. I was close to completing a 5* so when I did it wasnt anything unusual and finally my 7th 5* was a decent one. I grinded and won 4* Gwenpool and 4* Dormamu in arena as well as others and play the game straight. We are the customers not the programmers. When Kabam stated we were not exploiters and takes more that they gave thats the problem. I said id have no problem paying the EXTRA rewards back going foward but Kabam was egregious in what they took. I and others didnt create the problem. I wouldve bought the cat card but Im not spending anymore money on this BUYER BEWARE game climate Kabam has created. I explored heroic and Master completing every path ONCE and Kabam acknowledged I was not an exploiter so Dave your wrong. And like I said i almost had another fully formed 5* anyway. Kabam created the problem and fixed it the wrong way when they stated they could differentiate who abused it and did not. They should either not penalize those who didnt exploit it or correct the right way. not take more than what they rewarded to peope they identified as NONEXPLOITERS.
  • Options
    i42ehopuubi7.png
  • Options
    edited September 2017

Dave the D - the game essentially trains you to tap through game reward screen to push through content (legend time runs and arena) rarely do I bother looking at those screens. .

AGAIN! If this is the case, WHY on this occasion did you feel the need to log your resources and keep an eye on them then??? You can't have it both ways. We all know why you felt like you should do this, we aren't stupid, but you won't admit it will you and continue playing the victim!

Kabams message: Not CLEAR evidence is all it says. That shows there was evidence of cheating, but they have decided to give you the benefit of the doubt and not ban you as well. The fact they were considering banning you in the 1st place shows how serious a breach of the rules it was that you committed. Kabam didnt create the problem. They caused a glitch in the game. You caused YOUR problem by choosing to abuse that glitch and benefit without deserving to. And then you say that people who in YOUR opinion didnt abuse it (but you did that's why they took it all back) should be allowed to keep what they cheated to get! Even if that was agreed (its not, only by you as you would gain) we go back to how they would do this?? Please read my message, would cost a lot of time and money to do this for all accounts, and even then people who cheated re the glitch would still say it was unfair

You also completely ignore re what you originally asked: "they should allocate resources and man-hours to make sure only what you received unfairly was taken back"?? Your opinion on how (and why) they should do that to basically help people who broke the rules and tried to gain an unfair advantage on the rest of the players? Who would pay for this?

You also ignore what I asked re the EXTRA rewards you gained from using the unfair resources you got? How would you deal with that in a way that wouldn't mean kabam spending hours and money looking into it?

At the end of the day, you cheated the game (that is what it was, cheating) and you then got punished. You CHOSE to do that, your decision and your choice, no-one else. For some reason you think you shouldn't have been punished (ie lose the resources you gained that you shouldnt have) and expect others to agree with you. They don't. You won't get anything back and you shouldn't

End of

• Options
    edited September 2017
    Jon8299 wrote: »

If what you say is true, then you should try and get a refund from the app store.

YES, please do that

1 - You broke the T+Cs, so Google and/or Apple would say no anyway (thats what T+Cs are for)

2 - Kabam would then ban you for ever for trying (again) to defraud them for something your not entitled to
  • Options
    edited September 2017

YES, please do that

1 - You broke the T+Cs, so Google and/or Apple would say no anyway (thats what T+Cs are for)

2 - Kabam would then ban you for ever for trying (again) to defraud them for something your not entitled to

WOK said they wrote down the exploited rewards when he noticed he got them.

As for the others, kinda hard to read with no spacing.

You won't get banned if you make a case that you should get a refund. At least you shouldn't. If someone can find where Kabam says that please post it.

You have the right to ask for a refund even if you could be in the wrong. Still they may find they are entitled to a refund.
  • Options

YES, please do that

WOK said they wrote down the exploited rewards when he noticed he got them.

As for the others, kinda hard to read with no spacing.

You won't get banned if you make a case that you should get a refund. At least you shouldn't. If someone can find where Kabam says that please post it. You have the right to ask for a refund even if you're in the wrong. Still they may find they are entitled to a refund.

I always use spacing mate, so hope you're not meaning my posts?

But they will get banned, as what right would they have for a refund? They purchased certain items in-game, thats correct. But to do so they agreed to abide to that games T+Cs. They then used those items they paid for. BUT then they broke the games T+Cs, and that is why the resources they paid for were taken back along with the other items they cheated to get. Neither Google or Apple would expect Kabam to spend money/hours looking into each item used, when, where, why etc, they would just see that the claim-back of items was fair according to the games terms

So to then claim the cost of these items they paid for back would be a case of trying to defraud Kabam. It was the person's actions that lost the items, not Kabams, so why should Kabam suffer a loss?

So Kabam would quite rightly ban the account
  • Options
    Dave if you shouldnt get allbworkedbup and upset if you are unable to comprehend the issue here. I dont log my items but i know i was close to completing another 5* and it was my 7th so i remmber the chunk of gold it took from my inventory. Remember even monthly events dont reward much gold. It seems like there could be posters who try to duel discussions rhe wrong way to lure honest players into making inappropriate comments to rry to get them banned. Dont fall for it. This is all computer generated. If programmed correctly it would not be so labor intensive.
  • Options
    Last paragraph, it sounds to me like they consider exploiting the bug running the same path 100+ over and over again.
  • Options
    I dont log my items.

This quote from you says HI!!

" I noted down what I had left. I periodically checked my inventory through the course of a few days"

I'm not getting worked up at all matey, please continue trying to sound like a victim and not the cheat you are

Makes no difference in the slightest to me, I'm not the one who lost a whole lot of characters and resources!!

They ain't being given back, move in
  • Options

Dave the D - the game essentially trains you to tap through game reward screen to push through content (legend time runs and arena) rarely do I bother looking at those screens. .

AGAIN! If this is the case, WHY on this occasion did you feel the need to log your resources and keep an eye on them then??? You can't have it both ways. We all know why you felt like you should do this, we aren't stupid, but you won't admit it will you and continue playing the victim!

Kabams message: Not CLEAR evidence is all it says. That shows there was evidence of cheating, but they have decided to give you the benefit of the doubt and not ban you as well. The fact they were considering banning you in the 1st place shows how serious a breach of the rules it was that you committed. Kabam didnt create the problem. They caused a glitch in the game. You caused YOUR problem by choosing to abuse that glitch and benefit without deserving to. And then you say that people who in YOUR opinion didnt abuse it (but you did that's why they took it all back) should be allowed to keep what they cheated to get! Even if that was agreed (its not, only by you as you would gain) we go back to how they would do this?? Please read my message, would cost a lot of time and money to do this for all accounts, and even then people who cheated re the glitch would still say it was unfair

You also completely ignore re what you originally asked: "they should allocate resources and man-hours to make sure only what you received unfairly was taken back"?? Your opinion on how (and why) they should do that to basically help people who broke the rules and tried to gain an unfair advantage on the rest of the players? Who would pay for this?

You also ignore what I asked re the EXTRA rewards you gained from using the unfair resources you got? How would you deal with that in a way that wouldn't mean kabam spending hours and money looking into it?

At the end of the day, you cheated the game (that is what it was, cheating) and you then got punished. You CHOSE to do that, your decision and your choice, no-one else. For some reason you think you shouldn't have been punished (ie lose the resources you gained that you shouldnt have) and expect others to agree with you. They don't. You won't get anything back and you shouldn't

End of

Dave, every post I see u in forums, which is almost every subject, ur always so angry with everyone, ur ever think of anger managem entry classes instead being a forums bully?
  • Options
    Wow, lots of comments since I last checked in. As I had mentioned in my original post, I don't feel the need to have to go into detail to defend myself. Those of you who would rather call me or those who have a similar situation as a "cheat", without having any firsthand knowledge of what transpired, I would say only this. Its my view that accusing someone of anything without having all the proper information and details, causes more unecessary negativity and really doesn't add anything positive for the community.
    I feel like the main point I was attempting to highlight got lost here. That point was the fact that in my particular situation, it was very clear that some protocol and communication were clearly amiss, and other situations that have nothing to do with "exploits" could suffer the same results if not addressed. Lets just take this hypothetical to ponder. Let's say Kabam recieved some data or info that alerted them to someone having used a "mod" during an AQ or AW match, and decided that they would remove all rewards earned from it and did so without giving prior knowledge of it to those involved. One day took x amount of resources, and placed some back and took some again. Later an email is sent, stating that there was no clear evidence that a "mod" had been used, and they will not be permanently banning the acct. Having used or not used a "mod" is not the concern here for me. The concern is that There was no communication whatsoever. And that is what is more important to me than any lost rewards whether is was justified or not. And others may have a differing opinion of it, which I can totally respect.
  • Options
    @Dave_the_destroyer , this excerpt from your post is a misstatement, "Kabam didnt create the problem. They caused a glitch in the game. You caused YOUR problem by choosing to abuse that glitch and benefit without deserving to. And then you say that people who in YOUR opinion didnt abuse it (but you did that's why they took it all back) should be allowed to keep what they cheated to get!"
    There, was no part in my post where I stated or even somewhat suggested that those who didnt abuse the exploit deserved to keep any extra rewards.....I would suggest that you proofread before you decide make a comment and paraphrase someone as well as get all the facts before you label anyone of anything. Would probably serve you best to do so and cause you less grief of someone labeling you a "so and so" because of it.
  • Options
    I dont log my items.

This quote from you says HI!!

" I noted down what I had left. I periodically checked my inventory through the course of a few days"

I'm not getting worked up at all matey, please continue trying to sound like a victim and not the cheat you are

Makes no difference in the slightest to me, I'm not the one who lost a whole lot of characters and resources!!

They ain't being given back, move in

@Dave_the_destroyer , And this "beauty". You again mistakenly accuse @HailTheGreat1 for making contradicting statements, when in fact it was I and not @HailTheGreat1 who had stated, " I noted down what I had left......"
    Really should work on proofreading, quoting, and paraphrasing. Just a suggestion.
  • Options

End of

Dave, every post I see u in forums, which is almost every subject, ur always so angry with everyone, ur ever think of anger managem entry classes instead being a forums bully?

Err, a bit of a stalker then are you matey? Never mind that all your posts are just claims for compo, every single time!!!

Enjoy following in my wake
  • Options
    Im loving this thread!!

Whatever happens you cheats will never get back the items taken from you for cheating!!

I really think you all need to have a good think about what you keep claiming here? You cheated to gain an advantage, when you were found out to have cheated that advantage was taken back off you. While using the advantage you cheated for, you gained more advantages unfairly. These were also taken back off you

You then actually want the company you try to fraud (Kabam) to spend more of their resources (ie people and time) to look into why you lost the items you cheated for to get in the first place!!

Yet you actually feel you were the victims and are hard done by! This is the point which you actually cant see at all, you really do think you have the moral hgh ground on this

I could keep pointing this out to your forever but you entitles sense of worth just can't allow yourself to see the actual facts, ie you are not the victim in any way at all, and if you hadn't caused the situation YOURSELF then you wouldn't then this problem wouldn't have even been created

Please carry on posting, I bet you havent even noticed that there are only 2 types of people posting here? 1 lot, you the cheats, and the other lot, me taking the piss out of you

No-one else is bothered at all in any way, and im enjoying the fun!!
  • Options
    HailTheGreat1HailTheGreat1 Posts: 40
    edited September 2017
    Dave we'll all be good. Kabam keeps showing more and more players how they are willing to let glitches run amok in various ways throughout the game and take away from players they have identified as noncheaters. At the end of the day I'll keep playing but wont spend any money on the game unless they fix their mistake. End of the day not having what they took doesnt affect any aspect of real life, more players deciding to stop spending on this game does affect them in real terms.
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    Just wanted to chime in about the latest issue regarding extra gold rewards. Luckily for me and our alliance members, the news and announcements broke out a couple hrs before we had completed our AW match(which we won, yay!) I'm also glad to report that no one in our ally has been affected by this latest incident. Reason for wanting to chime in about this is to highlight the fact of the series of communications and fairly detailed explanation of intended course of actions that were made today, along with two seperate iterations by @KabamMike of "we're very sorry for this inconvenience...", of which I also felt were expressed with true sincerity.

TBH, I'm a little saddened that it was another "glitch/error" in rewards that sprung up so soon after the last one, but the communication today by Kabam was exactly the type of thing that I felt was completely missing from the recent events of the "quest rewards exploit". I actually felt a bit of comfort and security when I first read the initial announcment but was immediately set to ease when the 2nd announcement came soon after with a few things for us to avoid doing in order to not get tangled up in it. And surprisingly, because of that follow-up, I didnt even once have a thought pop in my head to the usual tune of "great, another issue, another snafu thats going to screw a bunch of unknowing players". I hope this type of communication/response from Kabam continues ( albeit, not in connection with more glitches hopefully), because today for me at least, it made accepting and understanding the issues much more favorable than it has been previously.