Odds of getting bad champs from the 5* crystal

the_eradicatorthe_eradicator Member Posts: 379 ★★★
So I have been pulling cyclops ,karnak ,civil warrior and magneto dupes for the past 2 months straight. Like what the hell. When there are so many champs in the reel . The distribution should be even. It does not seem that there is equal probability of pulling each champ from the crystal. Imagine doing incursions for the 5* crystal and all you get is 20 more levels on cyclops. There should be more ways to get 5* crystal . If the odds are bad you should increase ways to get them . And at this stage in the game it just looks awful to get such bad luck. I really feel like leaving. AW season rewards duped my karnak and 6* crystal duped punisher 2099. I am not even mentioning 6* cos its okay....6* is in its early stages. But we need more ways to get 5* champs atleast. The uncollected gives like 1 shot at it. You pull a trash champ you are done.

Comments

• the_eradicatorthe_eradicator Member Posts: 379 ★★★
    That's exactly what I am trying to say.
    When you work so hard towards getting AW rewards , getting into platinum 3 and higher . You need to have some kind of control over what you get. At-least hand us the nexus crystal so we have 3 chances at our fate. Especially during the flow tactics when so much of coordination is needed and items get used up .

All I am saying is Kabam needs to hear this out , there should be something to work towards . If people pull stuff like this , they will not be motivated to pay for stuff or grind events or anything.
    Or,
    The other solution -- Buff all the old champs who have become ir-relevant. They just do not hold up in this game at the moment .
    I mean cyclops , magneto and all they are so powerful in the comics. And absolute dudds in the game .
  • winterthurwinterthur Member Posts: 8,058 ★★★★★
    Is it viable to receive only 1 crystal which the alliance leader will pop and everyone in the alliance get that same champ?
  • X_ScottX_Scott Member Posts: 732 ★★★
    Just curious. I got one of those choose from 3 champs crystals, and all 3 sucked. Since that was my only one, has anyone else had the same experience or different? I'm wondering if those crystals are still good and bad, just that you get 3 to choose from. Like how bad do you like your terrible.
  • EarthEliteEarthElite Member Posts: 879 ★★★
    Lmfao you guys think the drop rates are "rigged". The reason why you keeping sh*t champs is that there is a small minority of them that are actually good.
  • Ngoalong711Ngoalong711 Member Posts: 308 ★★
    my 5 star loki is sig 60 . and here how i got him there.
    1. first from dungeon crystal.
    2. duped from another dungeon crystal
    3. variant 1 100% reward got me another duped
    4. last duped from incursion crystal
    all dungeon and incursion crystal were the 27k shards one.
    red cyclop> rocket raccon > punisher 2099 > blue cyclop were my last 6 star pulls btw
  • Ravenrob_33Ravenrob_33 Member Posts: 120
    I have been pulled for saying this before the rng is rigged so certain champions you will never get well maybe in 12 months when they are not as great. You will not believe this but it took my nearly 3 years to get a 4* gamora and as for a 5* blade probably never most of my best champions have come from the arena
  • MauledMauled Member, Guardian Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    The odds are not cumulative. Each crystal is a 1/170 roll. If you are targeting one specific champion, you will likely be disappointed.

Each successive roll does not increase your chance of pulling said champion, it still remains an individual 1/170.

I’m afraid that’s just how the maths works. Eventually you will pull the champion you wanted, but it doesn’t become more likely with each successive crystal.

There should be more shards in game though with such a huge pool.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Member Posts: 5,825 ★★★★★
    It's not rigged guys - unfortunately, with the majority of champions having relatively few End-game applications, it doesn't have to be.

The primary problem is that there are a lot more champions who have little or no value; so you pull them more often. So you're probably going to get disappointed 60-80% off the time, depending on your existing roster. And the more advanced you get, the more disappointments you experience.

Add to that the facts that recall bias and selection bias are such that people who pull 5*Loki four times out of a dozen crystals (and that's a shame mate, sorry) are more likely to remember it (and way more likely to post about it on the forums) than people who pull Domino four times from a dozen crystals are.

Bear in mind this game is played by hundreds of thousands of people, and statistical abnormalities are to be expected. But if the only people who wrote posts are the statistical outliers, it's very easy to perceive a bias that isn't really there.

With that in mind: I keep track of my pulls - my last twenty 5* champions are:
    1. Captain Marvel Movie (woo-hoo!)
    2. Havok (woo-hoo!)
    3. Groot (reality check!)
    4. Killmonger (yay!)
    5. Magik (Dupe - wahey!)
    6. Hood
    7. Cable
    8. Symbiote Spiderman
    9. Captain Marvel Classic
    10. Cable (Awakened him)
    11. Colossus (Hmmm. He's good now, right?...)
    12. Ghost Rider (+20 Sig)
    13. Black Panther Civil War
    14. Beast
    15. Groot (Awakened him - oh well...)
    16. Falcon
    17. Man-Thing
    18. Domino (Oooooooh....)
    19. Crossbones
    20. Iceman (Mmm. This would have been a great pull two years ago...)
    So I've pulled and Awakened both Groot and Cable in those twenty; and the majority of them are champions with little application in Act 6 or requirement game areas. On the other hand I've also drawn six or seven really solid champions; including a couple of candidates for R5. But if my twenty-first champion is Groot or Cable again, it would be easy to perceive a bias that isn't really there. It's just bad luck.
  • GiuliameijGiuliameij Member Posts: 1,849 ★★★★
    With RNG you will always feel you pull trash most. That is also because of the champs we consider trash.
    If there are 170 champs in the game, and only 15 are considered great, 25 or so are considered decent. And the rest are considered bad pulls that makes a lot of sense.
    Great: ~8.8%
    Decent: ~14.7%
    Bad: ~76.4%

Even if you consider 70 champs to decent pulls you have a 50/50 chance of pulling trash.
    I would not complain if I even got semi-good champs who are fun to play with good animations like diablo or ebony-maw or even I won't mind a black panther civil war and also new champs are welcome.
    I mean like dupes of the champs I already have like cyclops dupe level 100 like thats heart-breaking.
    Saw a post in the forums where a guy had a good view on why players were leaving the game - cos of one element of the game where our hard work yields rewards which are out of our control. Isn't that wrong ?
    Like after completing Act 6 and getting daredevil or black panther or cyclops from the 6* crystal or the nexus crystals that would permanently make you so un-satisfied as if you were receiving punishment for completion of the hardest content in the game.
    I really do hope Kabam does try to make this aspect less luck based , the featured crystals are fine cos you need to buy them . But these crystals are from the hard work and grinding of the summoners.
    How about splitting the champs into a teir list and increasing the number of shards to get them to get a guaranteed shot at them , idk but something like this which makes players comfortable while opening and not leave them dead inside after AW season rewards or Act completion. Cos I have a lot of players who just left cos they cannot take it.
  • samalasravansamalasravan Member Posts: 163
    All these champs saying god tier/beyond god tier all are based on the quest the kabam introduce specifically for them usually for new champs ,if they start making some quest/act for which the old champs will benefits then that would be really nice and no more feeling bad I guess

All these champs saying god tier/beyond god tier all are based on the quest the kabam introduce specifically for them usually for new champs ,if they start making some quest/act for which the old champs will benefits then that would be really nice and no more feeling bad I guess

old champs have little or no mechanic , therefore there is not much you can do with them. Unless you are talking about champion specific gates, lol.
  • Manup456Manup456 Member Posts: 891 ★★★★
    Did Kabam change how the crystals work since the game came out? I honestly think people look for anything to complain about because I have had funks with pulling not so great champs or meme tier champs and have had runs of pulling great champs.
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Member Posts: 7,403 ★★★★★
    My RNG has been average. I sometimes pull a 5s Killmonger, sometimes a 5s Iron Patriot. I've pulled 3 stars from cav crystals and a 6s Corvus from them.

The more you open, the more likely you are to get something you want. If you are on the Sigil and are an active player, you can get 3K 5s shards a week. Without the sigil, iff you grind the 5s arena twice/week for shards, you can get 2-4K 5s shards a week. If you do Incursions you can get both 5s shards and artifacts that you can spend on 5s crystals. And then there is AW, SA, and the monthly EQ that rewards 5s shards.
  • GizGiz Member Posts: 155
    I think drop rates for each champ in basic 5*/6* should be listed...e.g.

4.20% Warlock
    4.20% Groot
    4.20% Ghost
    4.20% Cable
    4.20% Aegon
    4.20% Karnak
    etc.

That would put my mind at ease when I pull another garbage champ the 10th time in a row!
  • cartman_braa2cartman_braa2 Member Posts: 107
    edited May 2020
    I really agree with you , i have been playing this game for 4 years now i still dont have those chaps which were out on 2016 like hyperion , archangle , star lord ,as a 5* and NOT TO TELL ABOUT OTHER GOD TEIR I DONT HAVE . This sucks. Kabam always talk about that the crystals and its pulls are based on algorithms. Well the algorithm sucks. Let me tell you why . So there is a friend of mine who's in the same level around as me, but he has all the god tier except for ghost and doom . In 5/6* range. And never even been on 10% on the basic arena . Where as me from basic 4* arena i grinded blade , arc angle , crovus , star lord, nick furry , aegon , hyperion gullotine 2099 and many more but I NEVER GOT THOSE CHAMPS ON 5* CRYSTALS . So what good is ur algorithm for, If it cant determines what the champions we should give to a players according to which 4* he uses and giving him that champions
    as a 5* after 6-10 crystals pop out.So that he can progress in the game. it is somtimes INSULTING, when you see ppl who never even came 10% on a 4* basic arena have those champions as 5* just by opening a random crystals. Its a big joke on our face. And yes hes also cavalier as me so there is no progression difference . Nd my last few pulls 30k shards wasted on twice duped hela, ryhno, nd iron man(2015).
    30k shards on bin 30k!!
    Can i show a middle finger? No i cant !

I really agree with you , i have been playing this game for 4 years now i still dont have those chaps which were out on 2016 like hyperion , archangle , star lord ,as a 5* and NOT TO TELL ABOUT OTHER GOD TEIR I DONT HAVE . This sucks. Kabam always talk about that the crystals and its pulls are based on algorithms. Well the algorithm sucks. Let me tell you why . So there is a friend of mine who's in the same level around as me, but he has all the god tier except for ghost and doom . In 5/6* range. And never even been on 10% on the basic arena . Where as me from basic 4* arena i grinded blade , arc angle , crovus , star lord, nick furry , aegon , hyperion gullotine 2099 and many more but I NEVER GOT THOSE CHAMPS ON 5* CRYSTALS . So what good is ur algorithm for, If it cant determines what the champions we should give to a players according to which 4* he uses and giving him that champions
    as a 5* after 6-10 crystals pop out.So that he can progress in the game. it is somtimes INSULTING, when you see ppl who never even came 10% on a 4* basic arena have those champions as 5* just by opening a random crystals. Its a big joke on our face. And yes hes also cavalier as me so there is no progression difference . Nd my last few pulls 30k shards wasted on twice duped hela, ryhno, nd iron man(2015).
    30k shards on bin 30k!!
    Can i show a middle finger? No i cant !

Understand your anger man. Exactly what is happening with a lot of dedicated people . Achieving big feats but the luck from the pulls are trash level and does not add any value to your roster.
  • MauledMauled Member, Guardian Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    The algorithm is 1/170 or whatever is in the basic pool and 1/24 for the featured. There is no giant conspiracy where Kabam have hacked your line ID when you say to your alliance mates I could do with X or Y.
    There is no sneaky person in Kabam HQ cackling evil as they hide certain champions from you..

These rigged crystals posts are getting tedious now.
    Mauled said:

The algorithm is 1/170 or whatever is in the basic pool and 1/24 for the featured. There is no giant conspiracy where Kabam have hacked your line ID when you say to your alliance mates I could do with X or Y.
    There is no sneaky person in Kabam HQ cackling evil as they hide certain champions from you..

Well i never said kabam is doing on perpose, but why is it that if someone get bad champions and keep getting bad there is no other way. It shouldnt be like this been playong for 4 years its not a joke
    Mauled said:

And also the fact u have a 6* ghost and 5* hyperion on your sleev so definently u dont have bad pulls , so since you dont have ,i really dint think this post is relatable to you morally
    Mauled said:

What would kabam do with my line ID mate ? They have all the data they need from my account . If they see I am not buying crystals they could force me to do it by pushing bad odds towards the 5* pulls. I am not saying they are doing
    it right now , just one of the hundred possibilities . The algorithm is smart and it knows all the activities and what you need in your account to be done with the game. But that does not matter.
    Maybe you have not experienced it yet , but there are a lot (trust me when I say a lot) of people with really really bad luck and great skill , who play map 6 and get loads of 5* dupes of worthless champs.
    There is no balance in this ,just expecting to get something good after putting all the hard work in . Is in the end it is just expecting.
    I am only raising this point now cos maybe its time in the game now to remove some aspect of RNG from the big rewards , not the uncollected shards or anything. Just the big ones like Act 6 or Act 7 upcoming. That way we know we will get someone good , or make it like a 2019 or 2020 crystals cos they are atleast new.
  • xNigxNig Member Posts: 7,329 ★★★★★
    Geez.

“Good” and “bad” are subjective.

Look at the basic pool, count the number of champs you feel that are “good”. Then count the total number of champs.

Take the first number divided by the second number then multiply it by 100%. That’s the odds of a “good” champ.
  • DrPITDrPIT Member Posts: 4
    As part of the changes, Kabam could lower the purchase price of their crystals. For example, 5000 five star shards for a basic crystal. It would still be profitable and players would have more chances to get desirable champions or at least more shards from duplicates.
  • Omega007HazeOmega007Haze Member Posts: 60
    We really need to do a global wide boycott on spending with Kabam. They arent getting it. The more you give us, the more we will enjoy playing and spending with you. Give us trash to prolong our spending while never really going anywhere is going to have the crazies literally at your headquarters ready to slay. When you take care of those taking care of you, everyone wins. Im no where near end game and have felt much as the end gamers who recently shared their feelings on the matter. I have put money in the game, and still feel cheated on the value ive been given back. Mainly on the ability to progress. Not everyone is as skilled as these YouTubers on here. We need Save progress option on Story and Quests, and a helping hand on what it takes in rewards and earned materials enough to complete content in reasonable time with reasonable difficulty levels at unquestionably reasonable vale for our time and money... whether that takes better crystal averages, better rewards in revives potions catalysts and gold, and reasonable difficulty inside the game.
  • SGT_M9SGT_M9 Member Posts: 98
    This algorithm is horrendous. Kabam knows what they’re doing is criminal and garbage. They care about money and that’s it. Facts. My last 5* pulls were blue cyclops red cyclops and 3 red skull pulls. I’ve grinder for my 4* champs. Mostly cosmic. Yet I have 15 t4 science , mystic, tech, 9 skill, and 4 mutant. No cosmic. Funny how I need cosmic all the time yet can never seem to pull any! Coincidence, I think not. They’re screwing us hard and laughing hard as people keep dumping money into their servers. They should be ashamed of themselves