**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.

New game content but older champs under-utilized

@Kabam Miike i understand you need to add new game content & make it difficult for your big spenders $$$... I have watched the YouTube videos of SEATIN & KT1... what I have found disconcerning is KT1’s video on your act7 beta & the “sabertooth” multiple node fight... in this y’all have apparently made it to where only new champs that either have already been introduced or are going to be introduced into the game are the only options for any chance at a 1shot KO

Why is that older champs like Phoenix, Groot, Rocket Raccon, Dare Devil “either classic or Netflix”, Captain American OG, & Cable just to name a few are so under-utilized??? Why is that these champs & so many others like them have no more purpose in newer game content except to do arena runs??? I know that these champs I have named are not considered top notch but still these are just a reference for my point...

Months ago I told friends in my old alliance that the game had reached a new progression of “champ specific node counters” & by the looks of what is to come I am right... this does bring my question to the for front of why the older champs are becoming more useless... the RNG factor with crystals is something I have learned to live with but you do have to realize that a majority of your player base don’t spend thousands of $$$ just to open more crystals so that they get these 5* & 6* champs that are introduced... when will you actually put some in-game content that will have us use these older champs that sit idly by in our rosters untill we do some arena runs & actually use them in something worthwhile???

Comments

• drakeWARLORDdrakeWARLORD Posts: 21

@Kabam Miike i understand you need to add new game content & make it difficult for your big spenders $$$... I have watched the YouTube videos of SEATIN & KT1... what I have found disconcerning is KT1’s video on your act7 beta & the “sabertooth” multiple node fight... in this y’all have apparently made it to where only new champs that either have already been introduced or are going to be introduced into the game are the only options for any chance at a 1shot KO

Why is that older champs like Phoenix, Groot, Rocket Raccon, Dare Devil “either classic or Netflix”, Captain American OG, & Cable just to name a few are so under-utilized??? Why is that these champs & so many others like them have no more purpose in newer game content except to do arena runs??? I know that these champs I have named are not considered top notch but still these are just a reference for my point...

Months ago I told friends in my old alliance that the game had reached a new progression of “champ specific node counters” & by the looks of what is to come I am right... this does bring my question to the for front of why the older champs are becoming more useless... the RNG factor with crystals is something I have learned to live with but you do have to realize that a majority of your player base don’t spend thousands of $$$ just to open more crystals so that they get these 5* & 6* champs that are introduced... when will you actually put some in-game content that will have us use these older champs that sit idly by in our rosters untill we do some arena runs & actually use them in something worthwhile???

Definitely I made the discussion yesterday stating - Maybe stop introducing newer champs for a while and start reworking older champs every month
  • gage201205gage201205 Posts: 568 ★★★
    I can see it now Variant 5
    The old, the unforgotten, and resented
    Chapter 1.1 2015 champs only
    Chapter 1.2 2016 champs only
    Chapter 2.1 2017 champs only
    Chapter 2.2 2018 champs only
    Chapter 3.1 2019 champs only
    Chapter 3.2 2020 champs only
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,629 ★★★★★

I can see it now Variant 5
    The old, the unforgotten, and resented
    Chapter 1.1 2015 champs only
    Chapter 1.2 2016 champs only
    Chapter 2.1 2017 champs only
    Chapter 2.2 2018 champs only
    Chapter 3.1 2019 champs only
    Chapter 3.2 2020 champs only

That would actually be cool tho and I totally think its possible within the next couple variants lol.
  • Samdingo75Samdingo75 Posts: 65
    It’s only a thought but to make a variant for the under utilized champs to me is nothing more than a waste... intstead incorporating them into story act or even uncollected EQ gameplay could be interesting
  • SupremeWarlordSupremeWarlord Posts: 293
    It's all part of Kabam's money machine. If the older champs were as good as the new ones people wouldn't be dropping a ton of money to buy crystals and try to get them or buy units and try to win them from arena. It's business. Kabam's profits come first and fairness and fun comes last.
    Did you ever notice how all of the old champions need dupe or max sig to be good? Some of them are unbelievably good at max sig but most people would never know because they just haven't been "lucky" enough to dupe them that many times.
    Rogue's crit chance goes up with max sig and she can do big damage and heal big, black widow can avoid triggering basically anybody's abilities, Hulkbusters armor ups make him hard to damage as a defender, Deadpool max sig has awesome regen, Wolverine need max sig, Daredevil classic can dodge 100% of projectiles at max sig, Magik needs max sig for energy damage from limbo, Star Lord needs Max sig for damage output, Antman is damn near impossible to damage without D.O.T. at max sig, Dr strange needs max sig, Hulk needs max sig, Scarlett Witch needs max sig.....
    Then there's the "goes from useless without dupe to useful with dupe" category:
    Magneto, Luke Cage, Capt Marvel, Iron Fist, Iron Man, Juggernaut, Unstoppable Colossus, Ultron,....
    It's no wonder that the newer champions hit much harder and most don't need high sig or dupe except maybe Nick Fury. This is how Kabam forces people to spend money.