Kabam please seriously look in to AW and AQ timer at 30 minutes !

Play this game for 3-4 years .. feel that AW/AQ timer at one hour is really draggy and impact daily life . Sometime we need to wait till midnight to complete AQ . This one hour timer really let us feel stressful and not enjoyable . Really hope kabam can look in to it !

Kabam please seriously look in to AW and AQ timer at 30 minutes ! 111 votes

Remain current one hour timer for AW/AQ
12%
PiviotAzKicker316UnyonfaceLvernon15Panchulon21ThesurvivlistOGAvengerJollyHawkTimeGenesisGreekhitSilver_SagaPotatolegionAlexBossuSpideyFunko 14 votes
AW ( One hour ) AQ ( 30 minutes )
35%
TheJallisamalasravanLeNoirFaineantFrostyBrightfireHDShaggyMDarkrider05MasterduxGmonkeyCassyThecrusher_9756TangywolfChelseaFCChampioncriticTO_Beatzshadow_lurker22cookiedealerGuy_NoirKnightZeroterry3767 39 votes
AW ( 30 minutes ) AQ ( 30 minutes )
52%
Haji_SaabArrsssCarnage313zuffyIcejrAk_555Feeney234RULKVerzzMenkentEric1701onebeyondallLittleYinYinRaikisMy_Superiorjoke1004incognerdo77SchmidyKenaiKisHin 58 votes

Comments

• AzKicker316AzKicker316 Posts: 2,384 ★★★★★
    Why is it that when people's lives change one way or another that impacts their playing habits, they want to ask that the game adjust to fit their wants? 30 minute timers may be nice, but there isn't a real NEED to change. You are in charge of your playing habits, you are in charge of how much time you spend, you are in charge of the alliance you're in and therefore in charge of the level of AQ and war you play. Quit asking the game to change for you, instead if you want a change for you, do it yourself.
  • KapitzKapitz Posts: 59
    As far as AW is concerned, the 1hr timer isn't really that relevant as the total energy needed to complete a path isn't overly burdensome for a single person to reasonably complete in their waking hours. Issues around availability occasionally pop-up, but even when they do it doesn't usually impact your teams' ability to complete the map -- just might mean that someone is stuck waiting for a link on a mini to be taken down at full energy for longer than they'd prefer.

On the other hand, AQ has an energy balance problem. As an officer of an alliance that runs Map 5x5 with members across NA, EU and APAC it's extremely difficult to manage path assignments across timezones so that you have enough people "available" across the rough time that a section of the map is open. It only takes one person to have a meeting run long, to oversleep/go to bed early or to have some other 'irl' problem come up for the entire battlegroup to be compromised, no matter how much care you put into planning it all out.

Our alliance is easily capable of handling the step-up in difficulty that Map 6 would represent -- but doing so would remove even more of the limited unavailability buffer that Map 5 already has. The linked node approach is punitive and far too much work to manage in a global game -- it can be hard enough at times to recruit suitable people let alone recruiting according to timezone/relative availabilty.
  • XniggXnigg Posts: 14
    You guys said manage the time and path . Sometime we will stuck at AQ to wait another time zone alliance mate to clear the path .

If 30 minutes AQ really help a lot and we won’t stress out .

Don’t talk cock anymore . Just change AQ to 30 minutes and benefit everyone .
    30 minutes AQ will have more flexibility which help us more enjoy the game .
  • AlexBossuAlexBossu Posts: 146
    Or add some check points like in incursions. Extra energy, heal, revive etc
  • GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,820 ★★★★★
    Timers are pretty much ok but an increase to AQ steps to 7 from 5 would be a great quality of life change.
  • Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★

I've given up asking for 30 minute timers. Apparently some people play in alliances where members are so stupid that they don't realize 30 minute timers gives everyone more flexibility and less need to login and move whenever they have energy, and they badger people to move needlessly, causing people more stress when it should remove all stress. Kabam, like the government in Harrison Bergeron, has to regulate for the lowest common denominator.

You actually end up moving more with 30 min timers because you’re at full energy at 2.5 hours. This has you logging in more.
  • Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    Greekhit said:

Timers are pretty much ok but an increase to AQ steps to 7 from 5 would be a great quality of life change.

This here wouldn’t be a bad idea!
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    DrZola said:

I’ve always suspected the AQ timers have more to do with functionality and capacity on Kabam’s end than they do with inconveniencing players. I don’t know that for certain, but I feel like I’ve seen something mentioned to that effect way back.

From a sheer “keep people logged/logging in” mentality, 1-hour timers make a lot of sense. They stretch gameplay modes out and keep people checking back over and over and into the night. If your model is built around “time in game —> increased money/metrics” then there’s no good reason to reduce timers. That gets a little too tinfoil-hat for me, but I’ve heard that rationale asserted before.

It’s a great point to argue. But it’s been argued for years and Kabam hasn’t moved an inch. I wish you luck.

Dr. Zola

I honestly think the hour timer is so MCOC is on your schedule daily and you have to log in. It creates a feeling of investment which makes it harder to leave the game. It is purposeful and a smart strategy but very painful at the same time.
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,018 ★★★★★
    I'd prefer they increase the energy cap to seven
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,672 ★★★★★

I've given up asking for 30 minute timers. Apparently some people play in alliances where members are so stupid that they don't realize 30 minute timers gives everyone more flexibility and less need to login and move whenever they have energy, and they badger people to move needlessly, causing people more stress when it should remove all stress. Kabam, like the government in Harrison Bergeron, has to regulate for the lowest common denominator.

You actually end up moving more with 30 min timers because you’re at full energy at 2.5 hours. This has you logging in more.
    Nope. You only log in more if you irrationally feel like you have to move whenever you have energy. With 1 hour timers you often do have to log in as soon as you get one move because people are waiting for nodes to come down. With 1/2 hour timers there is no stress about clearing the map within the time limit so you can login far less. When you do login you can clear more fights at once, log off and not come back until you have 5 energy if you like. It doesn't even matter if you lose potential energy when you are sitting at 5. Every time we have had 1/2 hour timers I have logged in far less often.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,473 ★★★★★

Nope. You only log in more if you irrationally feel like you have to move whenever you have energy. With 1 hour timers you often do have to log in as soon as you get one move because people are waiting for nodes to come down. With 1/2 hour timers there is no stress about clearing the map within the time limit so you can login far less. When you do login you can clear more fights at once, log off and not come back until you have 5 energy if you like. It doesn't even matter if you lose potential energy when you are sitting at 5. Every time we have had 1/2 hour timers I have logged in far less often.
    Is it irrational though? It's pressure placed by Alliance Members. If you have Energy, they want you to move. They're waiting on your moves, and not everyone can log on every 2 and a half hours.

What type of logic made you come up with that conclusion? Have you ever played with 30 min timers? It was the most relaxed I ever been in AQ and we finished the entire map before I went to bed and I'm pst.
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,073 ★★★★★
    Xnigg said:

You guys said manage the time and path . Sometime we will stuck at AQ to wait another time zone alliance mate to clear the path .

If 30 minutes AQ really help a lot and we won’t stress out .

Don’t talk cock anymore . Just change AQ to 30 minutes and benefit everyone .

best post ever
  • AdamtazAdamtaz Posts: 33
    I would say more energy would be better then shorter timers if we started with 5 and could get a max of 10 then there wouldn’t be so much wasted overnight energy and when the lockdowns end everywhere people would be back at work where an 8hr shift could mean opening the game at the end of shift would give more moves instead of 3 wasted bits of energy. Just my thoughts on this.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,672 ★★★★★

Is it irrational though? It's pressure placed by Alliance Members. If you have Energy, they want you to move. They're waiting on your moves, and not everyone can log on every 2 and a half hours.
    Of course it's irrational. If the alliance isn't stupid they will realize that there is plenty of time and that pressure won't be applied. With one hour timers you often have to log in as soon as you have any energy at all because people are waiting for a node to come down and a certain amount of progress needs to be done on day one before people go to bed, or there won't be enough time to complete the next day. That disappears with 1/2 hour timers. When you do login, instead of only having energy for one or two fights, you can often do four or five, or complete your line further reducing the need to login again soon. Saying that you have to login more with shorter timers is like getting your salary doubled and concluding that you now have to spend twice as much. You can spend twice as much. You can spend what you were spending before. If something comes up and you have an emergency expense, you can now cover it with ease. You can login more. You can login exactly as you were before. You can do more fights when you login and then login less. If an emergency comes up (an alliance mate can't login and you are stuck in section two overnight) now you can handle it easily the next day instead of everyone having to scramble and be on as much as possible. The only way 1/2 timers can be a problem is alliances being stupid and concluding that because they got that raise and make twice as much money they now have to spend twice as much. Those of us who love 1/2 hour timers because it gives us the freedom to login less can't have it because some alliances are irrational.

Of course it's irrational. If the alliance isn't stupid they will realize that there is plenty of time and that pressure won't be applied. With one hour timers you often have to log in as soon as you have any energy at all because people are waiting for a node to come down and a certain amount of progress needs to be done on day one before people go to bed, or there won't be enough time to complete the next day. That disappears with 1/2 hour timers. When you do login, instead of only having energy for one or two fights, you can often do four or five, or complete your line further reducing the need to login again soon. Saying that you have to login more with shorter timers is like getting your salary doubled and concluding that you now have to spend twice as much. You can spend twice as much. You can spend what you were spending before. If something comes up and you have an emergency expense, you can now cover it with ease. You can login more. You can login exactly as you were before. You can do more fights when you login and then login less. If an emergency comes up (an alliance mate can't login and you are stuck in section two overnight) now you can handle it easily the next day instead of everyone having to scramble and be on as much as possible. The only way 1/2 timers can be a problem is alliances being stupid and concluding that because they got that raise and make twice as much money they now have to spend twice as much. Those of us who love 1/2 hour timers because it gives us the freedom to login less can't have it because some alliances are irrational.
    Agreed. Some how people are justifying 1 hour timers. Kabam could make it 1.5 hours energy and they would say thanks for the quality of life improvements. It's unbelievable.
    Up !