**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

"Gimme" Node Suggestions

MysterioMysterio Posts: 1,068 ★★★★
edited May 2020 in Suggestions and Requests
So Seatin mentioned how there is this node called "Gimme" which makes it so 400% of what you regen gets dealt as damage to the defender, but every other source of damage gets reduced by 75%.

And this got me thinking, if you wanna make the content fun and allow even characters like Deadpool X-force to be good with that path, why can't you just put life transfer on that path?

I mean you will constantly regen health so you can constantly deal damage, it would be fun and it allows every champion in the game to do that path and be able to beat it.
Post edited by Kabam Vydious on

Comments

• xNigxNig Posts: 7,249 ★★★★★
    Magik.
  • SatsuiNoHadouSatsuiNoHadou Posts: 753 ★★★
    Mauled said:

So what we’re talking about here is a willpower heal of around 150, so 600 damage/second. This means that you’re looking at a fight that’s about 5-6 minutes of continuous healing to heat those opponents.

Blade works OK but that 200% powergain is disgusting and it’s so easy to end up in the corner of the AI isn’t 100% receptive.

The VtD miniboss is quite possibly the worst fight of 6.4 - at least out of the ones I’ve done so far. Chucking spectre on that node is farcical as it means that ½ the time you can’t actually do damage. Combine that with 20k attack, 200% power gain and a damage cap and you have a lovely unit sink.

Then why was I able to one shot Gimme VTD miniboss not only once but multiple times? Look, if you find it difficult you don’t have to do this content straight away. This way you won’t have to throw your units at this so called unit sink.

Gimme VTD one shot: https://youtu.be/wAIhSWzAY7M

Do you know that Willpower counts as regeneration?
    Do you know that Salve counts as regeneration?
    When you hit the opponent and you have the power sting debuff, and you are healing from willpower you can do normal damage, and you can do normal damage for the first miute cause of the Salve Mastery, even though you shouldn't
    Anyone, and I mean anyone can do this path.
    Is a normal path with +200% power gain

So much unfounded negativity when he speaks the truth.

Proof of what was just mentioned:

https://youtu.be/wAIhSWzAY7M
  • LunaeLunae Posts: 371 ★★★
    Mysterio said:

So Seatin mentioned how there is this node called "Gimme" which makes it so 400% of what you regen gets dealt as damage to the defender, but every other source of damage gets reduced by 75%.

And this got me thinking, if you wanna make the content fun and allow even characters like Deadpool X-force to be good with that path, why can't you just put life transfer on that path?

I mean you will constantly regen health so you can constantly deal damage, it would be fun and it allows every champion in the game to do that path and be able to beat it.

This whole seatin revolution thing is towing a dangerous line. This is basically what led to 12.0 nerf, like line for line, which he heavily advocated against. Kabams position, nodes have to be really hard because op champs so you hit op champs with nerf just for the chance to play with deadpool x? Really? Lol I still miss pre-nerf Doctor Strange, ouch. The best video Ive seen on it is Lagacys. Seatin wouldnt be so bored if he didnt whale out, but if he didnt whale he wouldnt generate as many views.

Second half of act 6 isnt that different from what book 2 will likely look like after the beta, but where was the revolution for that? There are some major problems in the game, but seatins videos is mostly a seatin problem that other have hitched on to to air out their problems and thats fine, but its also compounded into a monstrosity and I just dont get the difference between act 6 and book 2 beta. This whole thing has the potential to go incredibly good or incredibly bad real fast, but it has to be well thought out and not so short sighted.
    Wow, even in the face of hard facts there are people still downvoting us.
  • LunaeLunae Posts: 371 ★★★
    Akumaccb said:

It's becouse seatin told that this was a terrible path
    Sheeeeeeeeeeps

This is a prime example where people believe to the letter every single word said by social influencers, even if they aren’t exactly 100% true.

Have an open mind to always explore new ways to counter nodes instead of just resigning yourself to the notion that there’s no solution. That’s what I enjoy about this game and making YouTube content for it... I’m always brainstorming new ways to tackle stuff and share what I’ve learnt.
    That the thing, I dont like to be so negative about people, but Seatin is a media personality/social influencer so he should know what hes doing being so into marketing. That video would obviously create controversy and for what? Its a beta, for the actual content when it actually drops, fine, but over the beta? That video plus the general player base was a powder keg waiting to go off. Am I trusting seatin the content creator media personality or the player and there is a difference.

At this point I wouldnt be surprised if Kabam pulled out another 12.0 nerf and hit all the champions seatin whaled out for, but then would it matter when he could just whale out again for more views and get bored again? I dont like to say it, but its so elitist the way he bemoans quake and ghost not realizing not everyone has them and those that so still actually enjoying using them. Its also not like Quake is such an easy champion to use. Who would stop another 12.0? Seatin? The youtubers? The whales? Because they did just such a awesome job the 1ast time. Anyway ran tover.
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★

If you think that it's a difficult path, then the problem is your skills. Not the game

Nope, the problem is most likely your roster
  • TheJargonTheJargon Posts: 19
    Akumaccb said:

Unio77 said:

xNig said:

Magik.

Not everybody has a magik...smh🤦🏽‍♂️🤦🏽‍♂️🤦🏽‍♂️
    The issue here isn’t really about not having Magik, it’s actually about having access to multiple other counters to Gimme which have been highlighted in my video on how that node actually works by allowing you to do proper damage while healing on impact.

If you’ve already attained Cavalier status, chances are you have at least one of the various Gimme counters in your roster that would allow for proper damage. Once again, end game content is as such, END GAME. You don’t have to rush through it all in one sitting so to speak, do it slowly and feel satisfied that you’ve overcome It.

The only people that rush through end game story content are those gunning for legends titles, but this ain’t for everyone. Just enjoy the content at your own pace, with the quality of your roster at your disposal.
    I’m glad you enjoy the puzzle solving of these complex node combinations. I’ll be sure to check out your channel. And you are right that people should enjoy it at there own pace. But the danger for Kabam is that many players that take a break because the content is too niche will find something else to play and not come back.

Maybe a two or three months after a big content release Kabam Devs could let us know what the intended counters for these nodes are, so I don’t have to search YouTube videos to figure out how to beat it. Not all of us enjoy the detective work, we just want to log on and use the skills we’ve built over the years. That way you still get to have fun solving puzzles and we can log on and enjoy more straightforward content.
  • Pancake_FacePancake_Face Posts: 1,390 ★★★★
    Lunae said:

Mysterio said:

This whole seatin revolution thing is towing a dangerous line. This is basically what led to 12.0 nerf, like line for line, which he heavily advocated against. Kabams position, nodes have to be really hard because op champs so you hit op champs with nerf just for the chance to play with deadpool x? Really? Lol I still miss pre-nerf Doctor Strange, ouch. The best video Ive seen on it is Lagacys. Seatin wouldnt be so bored if he didnt whale out, but if he didnt whale he wouldnt generate as many views.

Second half of act 6 isnt that different from what book 2 will likely look like after the beta, but where was the revolution for that? There are some major problems in the game, but seatins videos is mostly a seatin problem that other have hitched on to to air out their problems and thats fine, but its also compounded into a monstrosity and I just dont get the difference between act 6 and book 2 beta. This whole thing has the potential to go incredibly good or incredibly bad real fast, but it has to be well thought out and not so short sighted.
    here's the thing though many players are tired of the same nodes and using the same champs. The reason there was no Act 6.3 revolution is because Kabam posted saying re learned our mistakes about 6.2 and still didn't change much. This is nothing like 12.0 because no champs are getting nerfed and if Kabam blows this over i guarantee you Seatin and many others will take a huge step back or quit for good. And yes he is bored but not because he whales and has everything it's the fact that Act 6 was bs and then when he played the Act 7 beta he just felt burnt out and no motivation to complete it.
  • Pancake_FacePancake_Face Posts: 1,390 ★★★★

Lunae said:

Mysterio said:

here's the thing though many players are tired of the same nodes and using the same champs. The reason there was no Act 6.3 revolution is because Kabam posted saying re learned our mistakes about 6.2 and still didn't change much. This is nothing like 12.0 because no champs are getting nerfed. If they did nerf a bunch of champs you know that this community is gonna blow up and if Kabam blows this over i guarantee you Seatin and many others will take a huge step back or quit for good. And yes he is bored but not because he whales and has everything it's the fact that Act 6 was bs and then when he played the Act 7 beta he just felt burnt out and no motivation to complete it.