**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

NEW Tier List

Comments

• arsjumarsjum Posts: 412 ★★★

arsjum said:

Mauled said:

If he’s max Sig and ideally with Night Thrasher you could argue he’s around the God tier mark. Reality is that not many people invest 200 stones into him

True cause most people will definitely choose to use sig stones on AEGON and night trasher.but night strasher can be 3rd to put skill stones in.
    I'd honestly rate night thrasher above blade at this point. His utility is amazing and his damage especially at a high sig is marvelous.

With that strict rule of only having 3 champs per class in the highest tier, I actually like that approach by the way, I'd say skill would be aegon, nick and either night thrasher or stealth spidey.
    Nah. I know it’s become fashionable to put Blade down lately but Blade >>> NT easily.
    Yeah. I mean. No lol.

Damage:

Blade can have an 80% attack increase in the right matchups, most of which require synergy partners that aren't nessecarily bad, but I wouldn't bring them along for their individual qualities.

Night thrasher can have an 100-200% attack increase depending on his sig in every matchup that does not prevent buff or harshly punish buffs.

Utility:

Blade:

- 40% aar (again in the right matchups mostly depending on synergies) - his aar bypasses aar-immunity, though
    - debuff shrugging
    - powergain
    - bleed
    - regen

Night thrasher:

- 50% aar
    - debuff shrugging
    - powergain
    - bleed (with synergies)
    - shock
    - incinerate
    - taunt
    - best anti evade/autoblock mechanic in the whole game
    - true incinerate immunity
    - additional physical resistance
    - 75% increased debuff duration after an sp3

In today's meta night thrasher is objectively superior to blade. Blade's regen is cool for longer fights, then again those fights will be a lot faster with NT anyways. Also it leaves you open for block damage.

Saying something is one thing. Night thrasher's superiority can be shown.

Blade is also below stealthy for similar reasons. Worse damage, worse/less utility, etc.

Feel free to make an actual case for blade, though. I'm not saying he sucks. He just sucks compared to objectively better champs lol.
    A few corrections.

--Blade's aar is 40% with GR synergy which increases up to 58% when Stark Spidey is in the team.
    --He can bypass aar immunity only against dimensional beings, not against villains or non-dimensional mystics.
    --He can practically become debuff immune with increased power.
    --He can have a pretty good power control against bleeding champions because you can deal damage without hitting the opponent.

You may not like to bring his synergy team for their individual qualities but a lot of players do. One of is them is a great utility and very sustainable champion whereas the other has both good utility and awesome damage output.

The day I see players bringing Night Thrasher to the contest as much as they do Blade, I'll start giving greater weight to your argument. Sure, this is not a popularity contest but why do you think lots of players bring Blade to AQ Maps 5 and 6 and monthly EQ and the story content? Two main reasons.

SUSTAINABILITY. Block damage is not an issue for awakened Blade at all. He can take them all day long without worry. Your fights in your regular maps are stress-free because again (a) you can take parry and block damage without worry and (b) you have the best on-demand regen in the game. Even dying with him is not a big deal. Just slap the lowest revive from your expiring stash and you can end the fight with 70% health.

ON-DEMAND utility and damage. You'll have to work you way to get the increased damage of NT you are talking about. Blade inflicts bleed debuff and regen with easy and his aar doesn't require you do anything. Just bring his synergy (or just himself against dimensional beings). Simple as that.

Those two alone make him a very versatile champion which covers so much in the game.

He's not popular in Act 6 which I understand because for every fight he can handle there better options are available (then again the same can be said about NT). But even in Act 6, he is a useful champion. The ridiculous attack rating of enemies in Act 6.3 and 6.4 further reduce your options but Blade still does surprisingly well because he's one of the few champions who can take the block damage punishment relatively well. There are so many villains there. I'll give you a few more examples.

--A stacked Mr. Sinister on a diss track node? No problem. Parry bleed him to death.
    --A stacked Mysterio on Acid Wash node who can literally be countered with two champions only? No problem, Blade can solo the fight. It's just a long fight.
    --A whole path with mystics and villains? Blade will save you potions and revives.

There are other paths like that, can't think of all off the top of my head right now, but remember two in Act 6.3.3 (Havoc boss) which Blade can clear without costing you a single revive or potion. He can't deal with the boss but clears everyone on the way. Not saying he's the only one who can do that but objectively speaking how many champions can do that without revives and potions? Not many.

As for Stealth Spidey, it's debatable who is better between him and Blade. What Stealth does better he does way better than Blade but he's also much less versatile than Blade and is a very costly champion to use in endgame content unless you are a master of intercepting who extremely rarely makes any mistakes.

Objectively superior for you and I am fine with that. That's not true for everyone.

Elemental, UmbertoDelRio. :)
  • FiiNCHFiiNCH Posts: 1,664 ★★★★★
    @arsjum well written response - I 100% agree with your points!
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,795 ★★★★★
    arsjum said:

arsjum said:

Mauled said:

If he’s max Sig and ideally with Night Thrasher you could argue he’s around the God tier mark. Reality is that not many people invest 200 stones into him

True cause most people will definitely choose to use sig stones on AEGON and night trasher.but night strasher can be 3rd to put skill stones in.
    I'd honestly rate night thrasher above blade at this point. His utility is amazing and his damage especially at a high sig is marvelous.

With that strict rule of only having 3 champs per class in the highest tier, I actually like that approach by the way, I'd say skill would be aegon, nick and either night thrasher or stealth spidey.
    Nah. I know it’s become fashionable to put Blade down lately but Blade >>> NT easily.
    Yeah. I mean. No lol.

Damage:

Blade can have an 80% attack increase in the right matchups, most of which require synergy partners that aren't nessecarily bad, but I wouldn't bring them along for their individual qualities.

Night thrasher can have an 100-200% attack increase depending on his sig in every matchup that does not prevent buff or harshly punish buffs.

Utility:

Blade:

- 40% aar (again in the right matchups mostly depending on synergies) - his aar bypasses aar-immunity, though
    - debuff shrugging
    - powergain
    - bleed
    - regen

Night thrasher:

- 50% aar
    - debuff shrugging
    - powergain
    - bleed (with synergies)
    - shock
    - incinerate
    - taunt

In today's meta night thrasher is objectively superior to blade. Blade's regen is cool for longer fights, then again those fights will be a lot faster with NT anyways. Also it leaves you open for block damage.

Blade is also below stealthy for similar reasons. Worse damage, worse/less utility, etc.

Feel free to make an actual case for blade, though. I'm not saying he sucks. He just sucks compared to objectively better champs lol.
    A few corrections.

--Blade's aar is 40% with GR synergy which increases up to 58% when Stark Spidey is in the team.
    --He can bypass aar immunity only against dimensional beings, not against villains or non-dimensional mystics.
    --He can have a pretty good power control against bleeding champions because you can deal damage without hitting the opponent.

You may not like to bring his synergy team for their individual qualities but a lot of players do. One of is them is a great utility and very sustainable champion whereas the other has both good utility and awesome damage output.

The day I see players bringing Night Thrasher to the contest as much as they do Blade, I'll start giving greater weight to your argument. Sure, this is not a popularity contest but why do you think lots of players bring Blade to AQ Maps 5 and 6 and monthly EQ and the story content? Two main reasons.

SUSTAINABILITY. Block damage is not an issue for awakened Blade at all. He can take them all day long without worry. Your fights in your regular maps are stress-free because again (a) you can take parry and block damage without worry and (b) you have the best on-demand regen in the game. Even dying with him is not a big deal. Just slap the lowest revive from your expiring stash and you can end the fight with 70% health.

ON-DEMAND utility and damage. You'll have to work you way to get the increased damage of NT you are talking about. Blade inflicts bleed debuff and regen with easy and his aar doesn't require you do anything. Just bring his synergy (or just himself against dimensional beings). Simple as that.

Those two alone make him a very versatile champion which covers so much in the game.

He's not popular in Act 6 which I understand because for every fight he can handle there better options are available (then again the same can be said about NT). But even in Act 6, he is a useful champion. The ridiculous attack rating of enemies in Act 6.3 and 6.4 further reduce your options but Blade still does surprisingly well because he's one of the few champions who can take the block damage punishment relatively well. There are so many villains there. I'll give you a few more examples.

--A stacked Mr. Sinister on a diss track node? No problem. Parry bleed him to death.
    --A stacked Mysterio on Acid Wash node who can literally be countered with two champions only? No problem, Blade can solo the fight. It's just a long fight.
    --A whole path with mystics and villains? Blade will save you potions and revives.

There are other paths like that, can't think of all off the top of my head right now, but remember two in Act 6.3.3 (Havoc boss) which Blade can clear without costing you a single revive or potion. He can't deal with the boss but clears everyone on the way. Not saying he's the only one who can do that but objectively speaking how many champions can do that without revives and potions? Not many.

As for Stealth Spidey, it's debatable who is better between him and Blade. What Stealth does better he does way better than Blade but he's also much less versatile than Blade and is a very costly champion to use in endgame content unless you are a master of intercepting who extremely rarely makes any mistakes.

Objectively superior for you and I am fine with that. That's not true for everyone.

Elementary, my dear @arsjum
  • DalBotDalBot Posts: 1,616 ★★★★★

DalBot said:

Some highly overrated champs (Quake/Taskmaster), some highly underrated (CapIW, Venom the Duck)and some missing (Darkhawk). Not a great list

Quake is overrated, please obv you don't know how to play her
    Tell me more about how she gets around all of the DoT we see in later stages of the game... or all the nodes that require specific debuffs to do real damage
  • TheHeroDeservedTheHeroDeserved Posts: 733 ★★★
    If you wanna be taken seriously, you should start working at the design. Spellcheck the chanps, make sure i.e. the tech category is readable, that champs arent missing and the symboles are understandable. Otherwise, keep up the fine work.
  • Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★
    also why is Beta higher than Alpha tier???
  • DalBotDalBot Posts: 1,616 ★★★★★

>

Fury synergy with Iron man bypasses Incinerate and Coldsnap, with Deadpool bypasses Bleed and Poision, she ignores the prowess path, special conicour, bane, No Retreat, All or nothing, 200% powergain, Spite, So many bosses, she bypasses the mercy node in 7.1, so many more BS nodes. She is the best AW champ for flow (arguable with guilly 2099) She destroys all the tough defenders. Please explain how she is overrated, go on youtube you will see insane videos, from KT1, Munash, Creepsta, Hector, ThIntercepter, Pepe and so many others saying she is overrated is completley wrong.

In other words she requires MULTIPLE other synergies to bypass those DoT, and even then it's far from all of the DoT.

Yes, she does a lot of things, but there are MANY FIGHTS and situations where she's dead in the water. Not so much the case with a high sig CapIW. There are really very few situations where he can't shine, especially with his sig abilities and many better synergies.

For 99.5% of players CapIW is just a better champ.
  • arsjumarsjum Posts: 412 ★★★
    Good catch @SpideyFunko :)

• KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★
    arsjum said:

arsjum said:

Mauled said:

Yeah. I mean. No lol.

Damage:

Utility:

Blade:

- debuff shrugging
    - powergain
    - bleed
    - regen

Night thrasher:

- 50% aar
    - debuff shrugging
    - powergain
    - bleed (with synergies)
    - shock
    - incinerate
    - taunt

A few corrections.

Couldn't have agreed more. Great response!
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,795 ★★★★★

Literally, what the hell is going on with this thread?!?!! END THIS MADNESS!!!!!!!!! NO MORE TIER LISTS!!!!! (repeat with me) NO MORE TIER LISTS!!!!!!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-MhC9yc2NHllw4XWLz3YE8vQTAy9UJ083XmuzQegwfk/edit

You. Cannot. Escape.
  • SatsuiNoHadouSatsuiNoHadou Posts: 753 ★★★

There’s champs that are missing they ain’t even on the list

You must be referring to unitman
  • TheBestinTuakauTheBestinTuakau Posts: 955 ★★★
    So you're telling Venom the Duck is as good as Luke Cage? My r4 vtd can do paths in act 6 with no items, I'd like to see Luke Cage do that
  • King_Leo321King_Leo321 Posts: 1,211 ★★★

Mauled said:

While these are always subjective and I disagree with a couple of placements here and there, it’s actually better than a lot that I’ve seen.

No absolute shockers there though unless I’m having a blind moment.

Not sure what the all of the symbols mean though.

Taskmaster in Omega Tier is a shocker.
    Taskmaster can do 100% labrynth.no 1 havok counter after Colossus.You don't know the potential of taskmaster.He further is a decent u.2 champions boos counter.

If you wanna be taken seriously, you should start working at the design. Spellcheck the chanps, make sure i.e. the tech category is readable, that champs arent missing and the symboles are understandable. Otherwise, keep up the fine work.

It's cause of screenshot.I already explained it.Calm down.Tier list is fully readable

So you're telling Venom the Duck is as good as Luke Cage? My r4 vtd can do paths in act 6 with no items, I'd like to see Luke Cage do that

VTD is not as good as other gods that's why.In my list I did your every single champion in God tier who came into my mind.How smooth,and full of utility champions.Atleast Luke cage is immune to bleed and can tank sp3 as well.Reducebpower gain increase damage no ramp up.
  • ThatGuyYouSaw235ThatGuyYouSaw235 Posts: 3,142 ★★★★★

Mauled said:

While these are always subjective and I disagree with a couple of placements here and there, it’s actually better than a lot that I’ve seen.

Taskmaster can do 100% labrynth.no 1 havok counter after Colossus.You don't know the potential of taskmaster.He further is a decent u.2 champions boos counter.
    Wait till this person hears about Warlock, Red Skul, Guillotine 2099 and Cyclops

Mauled said:

Wait till this person hears about Warlock, Red Skul, Guillotine 2099 and Cyclops
    Guillotine 2099 can actually do 100% labrynth calm down.Seems like you are still in shock of Doom.Calm down relax.According to you all the champions that you don't use are not good.

Mauled said:

https://youtu.be/gUXFeuVYcpg this fight may shut you mouth
  • shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 3,243 ★★★★★

Mauled said:

Guillotine 2099 can actually do 100% labrynth calm down.Seems like you are still in shock of Doom.Calm down relax.According to you all the champions that you don't use are not good.
    Why do you gotta start the Dr Doom argument in every thread you make you are like and obsessed Claire fanboy.
  • Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★
    DalBot said:

>

Fury synergy with Iron man bypasses Incinerate and Coldsnap, with Deadpool bypasses Bleed and Poision, she ignores the prowess path, special conicour, bane, No Retreat, All or nothing, 200% powergain, Spite, So many bosses, she bypasses the mercy node in 7.1, so many more BS nodes. She is the best AW champ for flow (arguable with guilly 2099) She destroys all the tough defenders. Please explain how she is overrated, go on youtube you will see insane videos, from KT1, Munash, Creepsta, Hector, ThIntercepter, Pepe and so many others saying she is overrated is completley wrong.

In other words she requires MULTIPLE other synergies to bypass those DoT, and even then it's far from all of the DoT.

Yes, she does a lot of things, but there are MANY FIGHTS and situations where she's dead in the water. Not so much the case with a high sig CapIW. There are really very few situations where he can't shine, especially with his sig abilities and many better synergies.

For 99.5% of players CapIW is just a better champ.
    So I guess Nick Fury Isint a good champ then if you say quake dosent have good synergies, makes sense. What about ghost without syenrgies, she also is awesome, Cap IW is NOT the better champion, Quake is better she can solo abyss fights as well if you are skilled enough, if you have the kill then you will realize why she is good.

Mauled said:

Why do you gotta start the Dr Doom argument in every thread you make you are like and obsessed Claire fanboy.
    Like he started.Why are you triggered

Mauled said:

If you want to see taksnaster vs havok.I can send that too.
  • shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 3,243 ★★★★★
    edited May 2020

Mauled said:

He didn't mention Dr Doom or Claire you did. And the self declaration of being a winner is getting pretty annoying that's not how arguments work. As a side note I do agree TM is underrated.

Mauled said:

He didn't mention Dr Doom or Claire you did. And the self declaration of being a winner is getting pretty annoying that's not how arguments work.
    So now you are strating.I can do this whole day

Mauled said:

He didn't mention Dr Doom or Claire you did. And the self declaration of being a winner is getting pretty annoying that's not how arguments work.
    Damn this auto correct.
This discussion has been closed.