**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

1% is not 1 health

ThatGuy214ThatGuy214 Posts: 303 ★★
1% of a average 5/65 is still about 280 actual health which under current timeout rules this can be halfed. Plus add suicides and salve health can always be added once one re enters the fight. Plus more than 1 champ has cheat death mechanic. Hmmm...

Comments

• AydenPlays1AydenPlays1 Posts: 119
    1% of health can still mean 1 health tho
  • Plato92Plato92 Posts: 102
    And it’s not just Corvus there are others with this same mechanic as well such as Nick Fury hiemdall hela and a few others. So it isn’t bug when it their awakened ability and that allows them to survive for a timeout but y’all are saying that it wasn’t intended for that. The whole reason why we ranked up these champs was for the cheat death mechanic and now y’all are trying to take it away. This is uncalled for and y’all need to get back to banning those who are actually doing harm to this game by cheating and exploiting the game. Instead y’all are punishing us for no reason at all.
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    I would say if you time out and have less than X% left, you lose
  • KnightZeroKnightZero Posts: 1,416 ★★★★★
    ItsDamien said:

This is another example in a long list of something that has been used since the character was released. The things affecting players take forever to fix no matter what evidence we provide. Soon as Kabam sees a thing the player base uses to beat a fight they want to make tons of revive money off of them immediately want to fix the “bug”, of which this isn’t even a bug.

You're right. It's not a bug. It's a gameplay exploit. An unintended mechanic that is being used to bypass a featured game mechanic.

Also they haven't "immediately" fixed this. People have been doing this, as many have said, since Corvus was released (apparently). People have used this for far too long and now it's being addressed.
    It's using a character who is able to do it. It's making the best of a mechanic that can easily screw you over. Timeout penalizes you. AI holding specials kills you. Random block breaks kill you. When you have a revive that gives only 350 health or you have to spend units to revive, players use Cheese tactics to give them an edge. Not a Corvus user in AQ, but timeout helps other champs as well.
  • NOOOOOOOOPEEEEENOOOOOOOOPEEEEE Posts: 2,803 ★★★★★
    I genuinely want to know how them fixing Corvus's ability to avoid time out punishments is something so great of a "nerf" it warrants rank ups of him being made useless.
  • TreininTreinin Posts: 215 ★★★
    I ranked up my Corvus long before I ever realized you could pause and timeout fights where you mess up. He's a fantastic champ, with or without timeouts. Can't honestly imagine that many people ranking him down. And they aren't preventing you from timing out a fight here and there (from what I saw), they are just preventing repeated time outs on 1% health.

My only surprise is how long it took them to address what was an obvious exploit of game mechanics.

• World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,570 ★★★★★
    edited May 2020
    Mike192 said:

This is a well deserved fix. Ppl shouldnt be abusing the game mechanics for unfair advantage that one champion specifically provides.

Nonsense. There are plenty of times I’ve timed out with 1% without using Corvus, NF, hela, etc.. and there no reason I should punished for timing out with 1% health.

Btw, I posted the exact same thing as the OP in the main thread.
  • KnightZeroKnightZero Posts: 1,416 ★★★★★
    edited May 2020
    Mike192 said:

This is a well deserved fix. Ppl shouldnt be abusing the game mechanics for unfair advantage that one champion specifically provides.

Can use a variety of champs to your advantage with this. It's not just Corvus. It just became a big thing because it's robbing them of units used to get potions in Map 7
  • TheInfintyTheInfinty Posts: 1,382 ★★★★
    I don’t get the arguement for those people asking for RDTS or some sort of compensation. It’s still Corvus at the end of the day he is still a absolute beast at content
  • When guys accept "not intended" as a reason for the morning star nerf, BWCV they opened the door for Kabam to nerf Corvus like we can't read. Cannot die is the exact intention of his awakened ability with Glaive charges are up.

MS/Claire Voyant wasn't a Nerf🤦‍♂️. We accepted not working as intended because that was a FACT.
    A fact because Kabam says so or actually a fact? I don't just accept a nerf because Kabam says its okay for the game. Do you actually play map 7 before we continue this conversation, I'm not going to waste my time explaining what map7x5 is like with over tuned nodes.
    That wasn't a nerf though. It was an unintentional interaction and her abilities described it as such. I see this as yet again another exploit that people ranked up a champ.for and now are upset it is planning to be fixed. The difference for this situation though is that it isn't targeting the abilities of a champion but the situation in which that champions abilities are used. That wasn't a nerf and
  • ZuroZuro Posts: 2,728 ★★★★★
    I don't think I fully understand the issue here but why can't they just do if you pause the game the timer stops so you can't deliberately timeout, unless I'm missing something here
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,184 ★★★★★
    Lvernon15 said:

His sig clearly states he CANNOT die, if him not dying is a bug then I don’t know what drugs this company is on

During the fight, sure, but if you time out, the fight is over, and you lost.
  • Zuro said:

I don't think I fully understand the issue here but why can't they just do if you pause the game the timer stops so you can't deliberately timeout, unless I'm missing something here

that would probably be one of the better solutions in my opinion
  • Zuko_ILCZuko_ILC Posts: 1,504 ★★★★★
    Zuro said:

Because if the game glitches you could be permanently stuck in the fight and then not be able to move forward through AQ. Timeouts have to be included due to potential glitches and game freezes. Not knocking your idea just explaining that it could lead to a much bigger problem. Unfortunately with a mobile device there are way too many variables with devices that could cause this issue.
  • GiuliameijGiuliameij Posts: 1,849 ★★★★
    The half health lost can still apply to 1 health. If you half 1 health you still keep 1 health. Because 0,5 is rounded to 1 health again. So I think, technically, NONE champ should die. However, I always thought you lose half of your TOTAL health. So without taking damage you could technically time out twice before dieing.
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,054 ★★★★★

Air98 said:

Lvernon15 said:

His sig clearly states he CANNOT die, if him not dying is a bug then I don’t know what drugs this company is on

"Corvus Glaive cannot die" is as cut and dry as it gets. That's not a bug.
    They will just change his description to immune to death above 4% health :neutral: ... There solution to everything make it with for there wallet
    What's the point of 4%? His sig allows him to survive any dot, like while you have charges active. If you change 1% to 2, 3, 4 or whatever, he will just go from x to 1 and then die, so you can only survive one extra tic of dot, of this tic is greater then health you have left.
  • ZuroZuro Posts: 2,728 ★★★★★
    Zuko_ILC said:

Zuro said:

Because if the game glitches you could be permanently stuck in the fight and then not be able to move forward through AQ. Timeouts have to be included due to potential glitches and game freezes. Not knocking your idea just explaining that it could lead to a much bigger problem. Unfortunately with a mobile device there are way too many variables with devices that could cause this issue.
    Fair enough, I don't even fully know what is even going on right now just putting in a possible option which has been shown to have its flaws although I doubt there is much other options though that can resolve the issue
  • ThatGuy214ThatGuy214 Posts: 303 ★★
    You guys are missing the bigger point if I survive a fight with one health i should be allowed to live and rejoin regardless of character being addressed if i am able to survive why should i spend a revive and pots when past practice only needed pots.
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    I see a lot of guys who play AQ casually talking really big about the Corvus ability being an exploit. If you can't state that you play map 6 or 7. Especially map 7 because I don't play map 6 at all I really don't want to hear about an exploit from you. That's GW territory.